ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani becoming Okur?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

some_rand
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#61 » by some_rand » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:33 pm

i would settle for kristic
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#62 » by J Dilla » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Okur is a stretch, its Radmanovic at best. Someone made an exact comparison on this board last year and thats what its looking like.
Vik Rude
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#63 » by Vik Rude » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:18 am

Patience is key. Dirk Nowitzki wasn't what he is now in his second year of play so what makes everyone think Andrea will be like Dirk only in his sophomore year in the league?
boykins_12
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#64 » by boykins_12 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:43 am

ctotha wrote:here's the thing. he hasn't shown yet, that he's anything more than a 7 foot spot up shooter. he's not a rebounder or an above average defender. so even bargs firing all cylinders is NOT what this team needs. him sucking right now is just, prolonging this realization, for some people....

Actually he has shown he is more than a spot up shooter. He has shown, although limited, an ability to score around tha basket. Unfortunately, bosh hogs most of the paint, so andrea doesn't get many touches down low. Even when he is posting up, he doesn't get tha ball often. Also, he has shown he can make nice interior passes, mainly to bosh. I do agree with you about his rebounding and defense, but those are things that can be taught and i do believe he has shown improvement, although at a very low rate. Then again, he doesn't get that many minutes. I am puzzled by why Sam doeesn't let him play garbage minutes. Maybe hes worried it might lower his confidence? I don't know.We just gotta wait and see. Its not like we are gonna contend for a championship for probably another 2 years.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#65 » by ansoncarter » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 am

boykins_12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Actually he has shown he is more than a spot up shooter. He has shown, although limited, an ability to score around tha basket. Unfortunately, bosh hogs most of the paint, so andrea doesn't get many touches down low

his post scoring is at a level you normally only see at the publicschool level

the moves(if you want to call them that) he tried on Lee during the new york game were probably more embarassing than anything hoffa ever showed. He's completely out of his element in the paint
elephunk
Head Coach
And1: 1
Location: "Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. Media." - Noam Chomsky

Post#66 » by elephunk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:55 am

If BC really thought that Bargs' ceiling was Okur, I doubt he'd even pick him in the first place.
Obama did not shut down the practice of torture, but merely repositioned it, to the American norm. The torture regime of Ford through Clinton, year by year, produced more US-backed strapped-down agony than was produced during the Bush/Cheney years.
LINK
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#67 » by ImissJordan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:09 am

VCitay wrote:Patience is key. Dirk Nowitzki wasn't what he is now in his second year of play so what makes everyone think Andrea will be like Dirk only in his sophomore year in the league?

Dirk's numbers during his second year of play (at a younger age, as well):

17.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists shooting 46 per cent from the field and 38 per cent from three.

He obviously wasn't the player that he is today, but he had made great strides and showed no signs of regression whatsoever.
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#68 » by magani » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:16 am

IMissJordan, I just noticed your avatar. Did you attend Brock? I was there from 1993-1997. Lived in Decew, the new REZ and even in the Village my last year.
Maternal
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#69 » by Maternal » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:38 am

ansoncarter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

his post scoring is at a level you normally only see at the publicschool level

the moves(if you want to call them that) he tried on Lee during the new york game were probably more embarassing than anything hoffa ever showed. He's completely out of his element in the paint

Well said. I was thinking the same thing. What post moves? They've been also times this year where he had uys like Damon stoudamire, Luke R, Watson,etc and couldn't do anything with the ball downlow. Not to mention his upper body strenght still does not exist.

I wouldn't give him the ball either if I had the ball. It's a wasted possession.
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#70 » by ilikecb4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:06 am

i would settle for Jason Collins at this point
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#71 » by 99 Problems » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:16 am

ilikecb4 wrote:i would settle for Jason Collins at this point

:curse: Okay that was completely uncalled for, no matter how bad Bargs is playing, you don't have to go that far.... saying you would settle for Jason Collins over Bargs is like the ultimate insult for an NBA player...
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#72 » by JN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:22 am

Andrea Bargnani is the Italian Wang Zhi Zhi
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by ilikecb4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 am

Warya wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:curse: Okay that was completely uncalled for, no matter how bad Bargs is playing, you don't have to go that far.... saying you would settle for Jason Collins over Bargs is like the ultimate insult for an NBA player...

i'm sorry how about Wang Zhi Zhi...or Loren Woods
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#74 » by dagger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:00 am

ilikecb4 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i'm sorry how about Wang Zhi Zhi...or Loren Woods

Edit: Dagger do not attack posters -Duke
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by ilikecb4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:38 am

dagger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Edit- Duke.

after playing some NBA 2K8 i'm feeling better about Bargniani..running some pick and rolls...

Return to Toronto Raptors