ImageImageImageImageImage

pg: comback effort fell short

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

wille-dynamite
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#61 » by wille-dynamite » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:55 am

Chris needs to chew out Bargs again in public. I believe that was the point last year he started to play better. Bargs seems like a VC type playa where you have to put a foot in his azz to get any effort
Credit to Turbo Zone Realgm Legend
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#62 » by Live Free » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 am

wille-dynamite wrote:Chris needs to chew out Bargs again in public. I believe that was the point last year he started to play better. Bargs seems like a VC type playa where you have to put a foot in his azz to get any effort

bargs is too old for that now, he aint a rookie anymore.. but i do agree with you.. bargs needs a big wakeup call..i think the only reason why bosh hasnt done that yet is because andrea hasn't really impacted the game negatively since hes on the bench.. if bargs were to ruin the game durin crunch time then im pretty sure bosh wouldn't allow it to happen again
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#63 » by 5DOM » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:02 am

bosh is just happy because with andrea playing alongside him, his point and rebound numbers go up
cbosh509
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by cbosh509 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:02 am

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mitchell subbing in AP with 1:30 minutes left for Kapono. Parker was not on the floor for the comeback, Kapono was, Parker was cold and not in rythm. Why bring him back for crunch time when he hadn't played the entire 4th quarter. Stupid, stupid move by Mitchell
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#65 » by 5DOM » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 am

cbosh509 wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned Mitchell subbing in AP with 1:30 minutes left for Kapono. Parker was not on the floor for the comeback, Kapono was, Parker was cold and not in rythm. Why bring him back for crunch time when he hadn't played the entire 4th quarter. Stupid, stupid move by Mitchell

parker didnt exactly earn it either. he played horribly in the 3rd quarter. but again, others did too.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#66 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 am

Trilogy wrote:Bargs is pure trash right now. Anyone who tries to blame his current performance on coaching, touches is a tool.

Agreed. At this point anyone who is still making excuses and can't see that he's hurting the team, are really making themselves look like fools. Yes, he could get out of this slump, but at this point he's playing like trash, period.
Kobe Bryant: โ€œYou asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
cbosh509
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#67 » by cbosh509 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:06 am

parker didnt exactly earn it either. he played horribly in the 3rd quarter. but again, others did too.

Exactly. Not that I don't like Parker, but stick with the lineup that got you back in it. Kapono would have nailed that shot
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#68 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

yucatan87 wrote:Bosh played 39:42, I don't know where people are getting this 27 minute figure from.

Probably NBA.com. That boxscore updates pretty slowly and the minutes aren't always updated right away.

I knew he played for most of the game. He only sat for an extended time in the second.
Kobe Bryant: โ€œYou asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#69 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

We had a number of games like this the last couple of years, what it shows is that we don't have enough firepower to take nights off... we're simply not that good... This is where having a healthy TJ, or a second star player alongside Bosh, would have helped a lot.. Or maybe even an experienced vet who could chew this team out when he saw how flat they came out in the second half...

Besides Bosh nobody else can be counted on night in and night out... Until we have 2 or 3 guys that are consistent and step it up every night, and have a killer mindest in putting away mediocre teams, we're going hover around .500.....
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#70 » by C Court » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

I missed the game and will watch the video.

No excuses for a loss like this. None.

Philly was 1-8 in January and a mediocre team. This was a blown opportunity and it is a momentum killer.

The only good news is that its a wake up call to Bryan ... this team is not good enough. Something needs to be done or we will be 'one and done' in the playoffs.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
kyrils
Junior
And1: 16

Post#71 » by kyrils » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

cbosh509 wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned Mitchell subbing in AP with 1:30 minutes left for Kapono. Parker was not on the floor for the comeback, Kapono was, Parker was cold and not in rythm. Why bring him back for crunch time when he hadn't played the entire 4th quarter. Stupid, stupid move by Mitchell

Unfortunately we got out coached and out played tonight. Our effort was for maybe 12 minutes where as Philly gave 48 minutes of effort.
We got up by 5 in the 2nd without really trying and then we decided not to play till the 4th. Did we deserve to win?
The raptors can never win a championship because the refs wont let us...โ€ฆ... Unless a miracle trade happens. :D
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#72 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 am

ldnk wrote:Bosh hung tough down the stretch, but he was left out of the offense for the 1st three quarters and I think that was the big difference. The Raptors should have tried to get CB4 involved earlier when the jumper wasn't dropping, instead they just kept shooting. I know Bosh was tired but if you are going to have to rely on him down the stretch, hoping to get someone else to hit a few shots in a close game seems more ideal than Bosh trying to rally a team that was down by 21 in the 4th.

This is one thing I hate about our offense. We tend ignore Bosh way too much. I know we like to have a balanced offensive attack, but that offense comes through Bosh, especially when TJ isn't running the point. The reason our offense looked so alive this past little while is because we were going to Bosh more and more. That was disguising the fact that without TJ we're still too predictable and perimeter oriented. The Raptors NEED to get him the ball. The only player in the East playing better right now is Lebron.
Live Free
General Manager

Post#73 » by Live Free » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 am

dude, its just one of those things where if ap makes that shot then sams a genius and if he misses sams an idiot...yes ap was cold but believe me, ap could wake up from his sleep get that shot again and nail it..sam just has trust in ap because ap is a veteran and has hit many clutch shots in his career before
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#74 » by The Letter V » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:21 am

You can't win em all, big deal. The guys were tired and it showed. Lack of effort and concentration were also factors, but again that's due to fatigue. I don't think Smitch did anything in particular to cost us the game, it was moreso on the players, and with the way we've been playig lately, imo they deserve a free pass for this one.

On another note, Bargnani has hit rock bottom. I can't believe how much he sucks right now. It is most definitely all mental with him.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#75 » by C Court » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:30 am

The only positive I see in this loss is that the Raps have 4 days off to sit around and be pissed over an inexcusable loss.

Hopefully, this motivates the Raptors to play a hard, disciplined game on Wednesday in Boston and to walk away with a surprise win.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Live Free
General Manager

Post#76 » by Live Free » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:37 am

Centre Court wrote:The only positive I see in this loss is that the Raps have 4 days off to sit around and be pissed over an inexcusable loss.

Hopefully, this motivates the Raptors to play a hard, disciplined game on Wednesday in Boston and to walk away with a surprise win.

no surprise for me, as good as boston is they've been playin some fatigued ball.. losin back to back to the wiz, almost being dealt by the blazers and could have easily coughed one up to the sixers last night.. if the raps play aggressive d and take away shots from allen and peirce i see us marching in and out of boston

yeah, im crazy
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#77 » by mintsa » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 am

Only if AP hit that three with 30 seconds left.....that would of been HUGE.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#78 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:17 am

I knew AP was going to miss that last 3... he's pretty bad in the clutch, especially with key shots, free throws and turnovers... his body language as he was coming down from that shot suggested he knew he was going to miss, he had a grimace and he landed akwardly...

we really could have used Kapono for that posession...
El Presidente
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#79 » by El Presidente » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:17 am

PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Post#80 » by PopAGat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:20 am

Fatigue, my friends, fatigue. Thats what really killed us.
Credits to TurboZone

Return to Toronto Raptors