ImageImageImageImageImage

pg: comback effort fell short

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#81 » by mintsa » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:28 am

Fatigue is no excuse....just like Leo said (did i really just say that) all teams go through it. And when your playing a lesser opponent like philly you have to seal the deal before you head out to boston.

Simple as that.
squeekysneakers
Junior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by squeekysneakers » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:38 am

At what point in time do you take Bargs out of the starting five? He really isn't adding much right now. Putting Rasho in there or Hump would be way better or even to move Bosh to C and use Delfino in the starting 5...that is how the line-up usually ends up anyway.

Tonights game was bad but some key things the raps have to do:
1) Give the ball to Bosh as often as possible he either scores, misses a good look or goes to the line every time he gets the ball.
2) draw up some plays for Kapono (the guy can flat out shoot and doesn't get enough opportunity to show what he can do)
3) Do not let moon shoot any more threes make his game about driving the basket and mid-range jumpers (preferably the former)
4) Use Bargs off the bench..he has not earned a starting spot players are rewarded for good play in Smitch's system so play Joey and Juan next game and don't play Bargs
El Presidente
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#83 » by El Presidente » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:40 am

Centre Court wrote:The only positive I see in this loss is that the Raps have 4 days off to sit around and be pissed over an inexcusable loss.

Hopefully, this motivates the Raptors to play a hard, disciplined game on Wednesday in Boston and to walk away with a surprise win.

Jamario Moon's play was pretty good. Too many shots for my liking but overall he was solid. The trade showcase performances by Graham and Dixon were nice too.

Reggie Evans?
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#84 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 am

squeekysneakers wrote:At what point in time do you take Bargs out of the starting five? He really isn't adding much right now. Putting Rasho in there or Hump would be way better or even to move Bosh to C and use Delfino in the starting 5...that is how the line-up usually ends up anyway.

Tonights game was bad but some key things the raps have to do:
1) Give the ball to Bosh as often as possible he either scores, misses a good look or goes to the line every time he gets the ball.
2) draw up some plays for Kapono (the guy can flat out shoot and doesn't get enough opportunity to show what he can do)
3) Do not let moon shoot any more threes make his game about driving the basket and mid-range jumpers (preferably the former)
4) Use Bargs off the bench..he has not earned a starting spot players are rewarded for good play in Smitch's system so play Joey and Juan next game and don't play Bargs

If Bargs leaves the starting lineup again he's not coming back to it this season.. you can quote me on that.. there is only so much leeway you can give a player, and right now I think he's 5-10 games away from being benched for the rest of the season... unless there's an emergency due to injuries... I wouldn't mind putting Maceo into the rotation now and seeing what he can give us... The only thing Bargs is giving us now is fouls and false hope.. every game is the same with him... Hump, Rasho, and Maceo should all see the court before he does...
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#85 » by teamLeiweke » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:47 am

Bargs sucks

i put the loss on his shoulders

i also can not believe the unprofessionalism of these guys to coast int he first half

dixon, even if his shot was on, was a liability defensively and in making passing decisions, way too many turnovers and bad decisions

I dont knwo why he got so many minutes

just horrible... we will bounce back, but this wa s ahuge opportunity missed.

we will earn from this though, I dont think they will play with such a lack of passion again this year, especially when playing a lesser foe.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#86 » by KRANG » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:59 am

5DOM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

humps in mj mode

This for some reason had me laughing out loud. But also crying because I was thinking of a way to describe Humps game.

:rofl:
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#87 » by LieCheatSteal » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:11 am

I think the right team won. The Sixers played harder, put more effort and had and carried out an excellent strategy for victory (ie harrass Bosh the whole game, letting other players beat them instead). If the SIXERS didn't win, there is no justice in this world.
Two years from being two years away.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#88 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:16 am

5DOM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

humps in mj mode

We need to free him, inside that body there is an explosive scorer just waiting to bust out like Mike...

Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#89 » by Darrick Martin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:16 am

RandomRaptorfan wrote: wrote:If the Raptors lose tonight I will jump off a cliff

AWWWWWWW YEAH... :clap: :clap: :clap:
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
El Presidente
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#90 » by El Presidente » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:10 am

teamColangelo wrote:Bargs sucks

Hard to disagree.

teamColangelo wrote:i put the loss on his shoulders

I don't know about that, lot of people played like ****: Nesterovic, Delfino, Kapono, Calderon, Parker and Humphries.

teamColangelo wrote:i also can not believe the unprofessionalism of these guys to coast int he first half

I think we allowed them to stay in the game in the first half but we lost it in the third for pretty much every basketball reason.

teamColangelo wrote:idixon, even if his shot was on, was a liability defensively and in making passing decisions, way too many turnovers and bad decisions

That's the story of his career, why so surprised? At least he had a good game and brought us back in it, plus he increased his trade value.

teamColangelo wrote:just horrible... we will bounce back, but this wa s ahuge opportunity missed.

I don't know man, bouncing back in Boston who've beaten us 4 times including preseason. Let's just say the odds are against us.

teamColangelo wrote:we will earn from this though, I dont think they will play with such a lack of passion again this year, especially when playing a lesser foe.

I thought we had learned our lesson against Seattle. I was wrong.
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#91 » by Korr » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:41 am

What are you guys calling for TJ talking about? We don't need TJ to beat Philly, this is a game we should have won. Stop trying to use TJ's lack of presence as an excuse.
thecc
Banned User

Post#92 » by thecc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:01 am

I watched tonight's game on a small t.v. with no sound (the big t.v. with the sound was reserved for the Leafs game) at a buddy's place tonight, so I wasn't able to follow the game too closely (and I haven't read the boxscore yet), but I am disgusted with the fact that we lost to the Sixers. We should feel ashamed. There is no excuse for this garbage whatsoever.
thecc
Banned User

Post#93 » by thecc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:03 am

Tommy Gun wrote:Bargs is one of the worst rotation players in the entire league. It's hard winning games with a waste of skin like him getting minutes

I may not agree with you often Tommy, but I completely agree with you here. This guy has no place on an NBA roster. He is probably the worst #1 overall pick of all-time.

Send this clown back to Italy from whence he came.
AlvinWilliams_fan
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#94 » by AlvinWilliams_fan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:24 am

its getting pretty hard to think that bargs will become the player we thought he would become. damnit
My Game is Raptors Basketball
FIRE BRYAN COLANGELO RIGHT NOW
Waylon Mercy wrote:DeMar please F*ck my Wife PLEASE!!!!!!!
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#95 » by MrBojangelz71 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Sam's rotation confused me. Joey gets going and he takes him out, not to return till the game is blown wide open. Dixon at the 2 after he cooled off while Parker sits and watches with the game on the line. Down by 20 and Kapono also sits and watches.
Other than that, we slept right thru the third and they played a high energy game that we weren't able to match on back to backs. Green seems to save any descent game for the Raps, he kills us with his 3's.

Oh well, as stated already, opportunity wasted but we did show some resiliency in making it as close as it was. Credit for not giving up and almost pulling off an amazing comeback. Who knows, maybe this is the kick in the ass we need to get us in the right frame of mind to beat the Celts. Hey, it helps me sleep!
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#96 » by C Court » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Yup. What good does an easy schedule do if you lose against easy opponents?
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
anon2222
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#97 » by anon2222 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:22 pm

This loss will hurt...so do the Cleveland, Portland, Seattle, Golden State, Dallas on the road, Utah games....there are just so many that the raps should have won or in some cases had huge leads and blew them.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#98 » by Toxicity » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:41 pm

thecc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I may not agree with you often Tommy, but I completely agree with you here. This guy has no place on an NBA roster. He is probably the worst #1 overall pick of all-time.

He's also the only #1 overall pick forced to play in another position... :wink:

But i agree he sucks balls right now. Last year he was more than a rotation player in the league... i hope his confidence will be back sooner than later.
deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#99 » by deknow » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Toxicity wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's also the only #1 overall pick forced to play in another position... :wink:

But i agree he sucks balls right now. Last year he was more than a rotation player in the league... i hope his confidence will be back sooner than later.

He looks like Hoffa right now
Slam Dunk!
Junior
And1: 18

Post#100 » by Slam Dunk! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Necrodamus wrote:Boshtrich

:lol: Good stuff.

Losses like these only show that we've still a ways to go in becoming recognized as a good team. Every squad has off nights, but we have too many losses against teams that shouldn't have had any business beating us. We've shown that we can compete against some of the better teams in the league, but we've also shown that we can lose to some of the worst. I absolutely loathe the fact that players like Willie Green can have career games against us. Teams know we're soft and aren't afraid to take it to us.

Return to Toronto Raptors