ImageImageImageImageImage

Pargo is the NO version of chuckfino

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#21 » by 99 Problems » Tue May 20, 2008 4:01 am

If Pargo was 6-4 or above he would be a very good player... But its hard to be a 6-ft nothing shooting guard in this league... He's better than Delfino though...
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by Raptors90102 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:03 am

kplooksafterme wrote:Pargo took way too many shots that game. He hit some in the fourth, but it was ludicrous how much of NO's offence was running through him.

Just as the raptors don't have a chance of winning with TJ "taking over" in the fourth, New Orlean's essentially conceded when Pargo took over for Paul.

agreed.. I could see flashes of TJ taking over when pargo went crazy.. on 3 or 4 consecutive possessions, cp3 or any other NO player didn't even touch the ball and pargo kept chucking.. I guess the "taking over" part doesn't really work for anyone not named lebron and/or kobe.. what was he thinking really?? It was like watching TJ ford take over ala the orlando game all over again.. but this time I am actually happy that pargo ha the brain fart.. cuz my spurs won!
Double Y
Sixth Man
And1: 49

Post#23 » by Double Y » Tue May 20, 2008 4:06 am

Not that I really think Pargo should be shooting all that much, but he was wide open on that shot he took for the lead with a minute left and ten times out of ten he should take that shot!

As the previous poster pointed out, part of the credit has to go to SA for clamping down on the other shooters and forcing Pargo to beat them. Faulting Pargo for this loss is like blaming the iceberg for the Titanic sinking. Give credit to SA for figuring out a way to beat NO.
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#24 » by kplooksafterme » Tue May 20, 2008 4:19 am

Double Y wrote:Not that I really think Pargo should be shooting all that much, but he was wide open on that shot he took for the lead with a minute left and ten times out of ten he should take that shot!

As the previous poster pointed out, part of the credit has to go to SA for clamping down on the other shooters and forcing Pargo to beat them. Faulting Pargo for this loss is like blaming the iceberg for the Titanic sinking. Give credit to SA for figuring out a way to beat NO.

Yea, it was for the tie, but that shot was def. a taker. It's not Pargo's fault they lost, but I don't really buy that Pargo's easy shooting trigger in the fourth was a calculated move by Pop. Most of Pargo's shots in the fourth were contested, and although I do agree they never sent a double at him the way they were doing with West and Paul, the best looks for NO would have come from manipulating the double, not letting Pargo go mental because he's not being doubled.

Paul's been facing double teams all season, give him the ****ing ball, he might be the best player in the league for goodness sakes. .
Raptor_Jesus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Raptor_Jesus » Tue May 20, 2008 4:38 am

not pargo's fault. at least he was making some of his shots down the stretch. can't say the same for paul (though it's not his fault either)... the whole 3rd quarter of this game was hideous.
W.I.C
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by W.I.C » Tue May 20, 2008 5:18 am

kplooksafterme wrote:Pargo took way too many shots that game. He hit some in the fourth, but it was ludicrous how much of NO's offence was running through him.

Just as the raptors don't have a chance of winning with TJ "taking over" in the fourth, New Orlean's essentially conceded when Pargo took over for Paul.

Are you saying that the Hornets did not have a chance of winning that game because Pargo was the single catalyst behind the 13 pt Spurs lead being reduced to 3pts with 1:30 left? :roll:

Question:

What would you have done if you were in Pargo's position?

Don't tell me, once Pargo brought them back within 3 points, the coaching staff and the all-stars of Paul & West should have said:

"You know what Pargo, that's enough offense from you, job well done, we'll take it from here. Aside from you, we had a very hard time being productive on the offensive end during the last two quarters, but we'll magically be able to produce from here on in, so 'pass the rock'" :rofl:

....I guess Daniel Gibson shouldn't have been taking the shots he did in game 6 of the 2007 EC Finals that insured the Cavs beat the Pistons :noway:

Or is it that it would have been better if Paul, West, and Stojakovic continued to put up bricks during that 4th quarter stretch so that Matt Bonner could have gotten some playing time in the last few minutes of the game :nod:

Once again, I commend Pargo for brining them back. He almost tied the game at 83, and it's anyone's guess what the final outcome would have been if he hit that shot.
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#27 » by kplooksafterme » Tue May 20, 2008 5:54 am

W.I.C wrote:

Are you saying that the Hornets did not have a chance of winning that game because Pargo was the single catalyst behind the 13 pt Spurs lead being reduced to 3pts with 1:30 left? :roll:

Question:

What would you have done if you were in Pargo's position?

Don't tell me, once Pargo brought them back within 3 points, the coaching staff and the all-stars of Paul & West should have said:

"You know what Pargo, that's enough offense from you, job well done, we'll take it from here. Aside from you, we had a very hard time being productive on the offensive end during the last two quarters, but we'll magically be able to produce from here on in, so 'pass the rock'" :rofl:

....I guess Daniel Gibson shouldn't have been taking the shots he did in game 6 of the 2007 EC Finals that insured the Cavs beat the Pistons :noway:

Or is it that it would have been better if Paul, West, and Stojakovic continued to put up bricks during that 4th quarter stretch so that Matt Bonner could have gotten some playing time in the last few minutes of the game :nod:

Once again, I commend Pargo for brining them back. He almost tied the game at 83, and it's anyone's guess what the final outcome would have been if he hit that shot.

What I said was once Pargo became the focal point of NOH's offence, which occurred nearly halfway through the third quarter, the game was essentially over. Sure, he finally hit some shots in the fourth and helped bring them back to within 3, but they were never going to win with Pargo being the sole creator, obviously. I mean, he was something like 5-17 the entire game, and most of the possessions in which he took shots he was the only guy who touched the ball.

But, he did get hot in the fourth, and the way the game played out he was the main provider in the hornet's end of game comeback. I didn't blame Pargo for the loss or anything, I merely stated that once Pargo became the focus offensively, regardless of how much he scored in the fourth, the game was lost.

And when Gibson was hitting shots in last years ECF, they were spot-up shots created by James, not of the "dribble around the perimeter for 20 seconds and then chuck something" type Pargo displayed today.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#28 » by seanbig » Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 am

i gotta applaud pargo for having the guts to try to will the team to get close...but then he does the tj **** and boom its ova
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#29 » by sh00n » Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 am

seanbig wrote:i gotta applaud pargo for having the guts to try to will the team to get close...but then he does the tj **** and boom its ova

Bingo.
W.I.C
Junior
And1: 0

Post#30 » by W.I.C » Tue May 20, 2008 3:06 pm

seanbig wrote:i gotta applaud pargo for having the guts to try to will the team to get close (i.e "he does the tj")... then Paul misses a layup and Stojakovic misses a 3, and boom its ova

Fixed :P
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#31 » by Lionel Messi » Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm

pargo is much better than chuckfino...most of u are absing this on the past game, over the regular season he was consistent too.

id love to sign him to be our backup 1/2, id take him over chuckfino any day.
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,136
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#32 » by TheDoctor » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

YounG GunneR wrote:Pargo got hot while the rest of the team got cold. Funny how West didnt get a touch that last quarter.

Why is it funny? Pargo started by taking good shots in the paint, and making them. Then he made a few from further out... and was hot.

This was after a 3rd quarter in which Peja and West were pretty awful - they were both taking bad shots, rushing them, and looked nervous - like they were afraid to blow the game. West was 1/2 in the 4th - with the 1 being a dunk. He was 2/7 in the 3rd, and a lot of the misses were either wide open or rushed. :(

Peja was 0/4 in the 2nd half.

Did Pargo force some shots? Yes - especially when they got really scattered at the end. But he scored 16 points in the 4th (after the team scored 14 in the 3rd), through a combination of aggressive drives, some long bombs, and getting to the line. Heck - he got the 5th foul on Duncan!

They went with a woefully short rotation, yet 2 starters were poor - other than a few shots that Peja and Mo hit, while a 3rd was bad other than a hot start (West). Chandler never creates for himself - he just goes and gets the crazy passes from the guards. And Paul was having to face a 2nd and 3rd line of defense on his dribble far too often because his outside guys were missing.

And they still almost won.

Man was I pissed. :(
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.

Return to Toronto Raptors