ImageImageImageImageImage

Carlos Delfino received offers from a lot of several places

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapsarsenalknvb
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Carlos Delfino received offers from a lot of several places 

Post#41 » by rapsarsenalknvb » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:11 pm

sd1306 wrote:
Alfred wrote:But he's so terrible! How could anyone see anything good in him!!!!11!!1

But you see, you're comeplety WRONG. Theres a lot good about him. Yeah, he CHUCKS a lot, but hey, his defence isnt bad AT ALL. We could actually use him as our backup, hell our starting SG. Also, he can shoot the three very well (streakily maybe, but he can shoot it, especially when he's open).

+1
I've always been a fan of Delfino and thought we got a steal in getting him for 2 second round picks. Yes, he definitely needs to improve his shot selection, but he's one of the few raps that even bothered to take it to the hole last year and he plays good defence and always rebounds. He's no starter, but I would love to have him back as a backup 2.
rapsarsenalknvb
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by rapsarsenalknvb » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:17 pm

Alfred wrote:The Spurs offered him a contract? INCREDIBLE! This means that the horrible yoke of Delfino has been lifted off of the rest of our team, and they will be able to soar like birds over the competition!

His pre-game ritual of punching a small child in the face, his insatiable thirst for chocolate flavoured cereal, him filling his own water bottle up with amphetamines which caused him to take a team-killing 7 shots a game; none of it will be missed. Don't believe me? Look at the facts. Delfino was so hungry for shots, he played all 82 games last year. CASE CLOSED.

I have a better idea for next season, and his name is Stephon Marbury. He sells shoes to poor children and he's wacky! What could go wrong?

WOW! I've never heard of the fact that a player played 82gms/season turned into something negative until now... I'm sorry, but there's NO CASE to close there in my opinion. Your post, although mildly humorous, carries no weight for me. And I hope you were being sarcastic about signing Stephon!
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#43 » by Alfred » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:25 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Alfred wrote:The Spurs offered him a contract? INCREDIBLE! This means that the horrible yoke of Delfino has been lifted off of the rest of our team, and they will be able to soar like birds over the competition!

His pre-game ritual of punching a small child in the face, his insatiable thirst for chocolate flavoured cereal, him filling his own water bottle up with amphetamines which caused him to take a team-killing 7 shots a game; none of it will be missed. Don't believe me? Look at the facts. Delfino was so hungry for shots, he played all 82 games last year. CASE CLOSED.

I have a better idea for next season, and his name is Stephon Marbury. He sells shoes to poor children and he's wacky! What could go wrong?

:eek1: We get it. You love Delfino. Now just breathe...

I'm breathing just fine. It was a joke?
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#44 » by 5DOM » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:29 pm

Moon's athleticism + Delfino's aggressiveness (at times) + Kapono's shooting + Joey's body + Parker's skills >> LeBron.

or should i say 5>1
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#45 » by Guy Smiley » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:41 pm

Carlos is yet another player that fell into the chucker trap while playing for Sam.

I look forward to seeing JO take shats this season.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,896

Post#46 » by Merit » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:20 pm

PeterJ wrote:
Dangerously Dan wrote:I'm glad lots of several places are interested in him as opposed to lots of few places, or lots of no places.

:rofl: :rofl:

+1.

+1

ignoring the grammar. JR smith > delfino. I hope we get JR on our team. yes, I am a JR homer.
I believe in Masai.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#47 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:21 pm

I am not really surprised by the typical hate on displayed by Rap's fans against Delfino.

If we had another shooting guard who's minutes were being taken away by Delfino, or we had another player that we had signed or traded for who was going to play minutes at the two then by all means let him go.

What is puzzling is that while he had his faults, is Adams going to be better? I doubt it. We are basically advocating further downgrading at the two guard spot by letting him walk.

We are not a better team with a Parker/Adams rotation then we were with a Parker/Delfino rotation, but I suspect we will learn that pretty early on next season.

Return to Toronto Raptors