ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers and Azubuike agree to offer sheet

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Clippers and Azubuike agree to offer sheet 

Post#1 » by douggood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:30 am

The Los Angeles Clippers have identified the latest target in their recovery from the free-agent loss of Elton Brand by agreeing to terms on an offer sheet with restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike of the Golden State Warriors.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers have extended a multiyear offer using their estimated $3 million in salary-cap space left over after completing a trade Tuesday with the Denver Nuggets to acquire center Marcus Camby as their primary Brand replacement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3494107
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Clippers and Azubuike agree to offer sheet 

Post#2 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am

The Clippers are taking whatever they can get from the Warriors.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#3 » by NashtyNas » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:46 am

LOL i know. I thought they would try prying ellis and then give up gordon for ZBO and some nice unprotected future first. Guess they arent smart enough :D

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 428

Post#4 » by MacDaddy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 am

darn he will be a steal at that price, I would have liked to see him on the Raps
Theta64
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Theta64 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:16 am

If they get him at 3 million/year, I will be somewhat ticked off at Garbo not having already signed a new contract. Say Garbo were to sign for around 6mill/year with some other team, we would have that 3 million available to acquire him.

However, I would be very surprised if the Clippers managed to sign him for 3 million/year.
This is one of the most important movies you will ever watch. Watch it free at google video.
douggood
General Manager

Post#6 » by douggood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Theta64 wrote:If they get him at 3 million/year, I will be somewhat ticked off at Garbo not having already signed a new contract. Say Garbo were to sign for around 6mill/year with some other team, we would have that 3 million available to acquire him.

However, I would be very surprised if the Clippers managed to sign him for 3 million/year.

no we wont, you need to understand how the cba/cap works before becoming ticked off. we bought out garbo. his buyout stays on the cap no matter where or for how much he signs for.
Theta64
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Theta64 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 pm

western221 wrote:
Theta64 wrote:If they get him at 3 million/year, I will be somewhat ticked off at Garbo not having already signed a new contract. Say Garbo were to sign for around 6mill/year with some other team, we would have that 3 million available to acquire him.

no we wont, you need to understand how the cba/cap works before becoming ticked off. we bought out garbo. his buyout stays on the cap no matter where or for how much he signs for.

I thought that once Garbo signs with a different team, we would be able to use half of his new salary to sign a new player. So if Garbo signed for around 6 mill/year than we would be able use 3 million to sign a new player to fill the roster.
This is one of the most important movies you will ever watch. Watch it free at google video.
G-Mac
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#8 » by G-Mac » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:47 pm

That would be a nice little piece for the Clippers, he had some solid games this past season.
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#9 » by RapsFanInVA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:31 pm

I still think we can get Azubuike for the minimum. He would be a great addition to our team.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#10 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 pm

RapsFanInVA wrote:I still think we can get Azubuike for the minimum. He would be a great addition to our team.

How can we still get him for min? He's already signed an offer sheet for 3 million a season.

If the offer goes unmatched he'll be a good pick up for the Clippers. He can shoot, defend and rebound pretty well for a wing. Now all the Clippers need is a decent backup big and they'll be looking pretty decent in the West.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#11 » by RapsFanInVA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Because Brian Colangelo is magical and anything is possible! Don't crush my dreams.
douggood
General Manager

Post#12 » by douggood » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Theta64 wrote:I thought that once Garbo signs with a different team, we would be able to use half of his new salary to sign a new player. So if Garbo signed for around 6 mill/year than we would be able use 3 million to sign a new player to fill the roster.
there is no such thing. Basically garbo is a free agent and what ever he does will have no affect on the raptors cap structure besides his 2 mil buyout.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#13 » by 5DOM » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm

RapsFanInVA wrote:I still think we can get Azubuike for the minimum. He would be a great addition to our team.

:lmao:

Return to Toronto Raptors