ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"?

Moderators: niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic

Tha Cynic
RealGM
Posts: 11,683
And1: 7,334
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#41 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:33 pm

Youngblood wrote:Laker fans deserve no respect. The only reason they even like their own team is because of Kobe. If Kobe left the Lakers they'd follow him like sheep. The only reason they're hating on Chris is because they can't have him so they have to settle for an inferior Pau Gasol. If Chris was a Laker I'd bet anything that they'd be praising him even if he sucked. Take anything a person associated with the Lakers says with a s**tload of salt. Laker bloggers need to grow up.
A legendary basketball figure like Coach K was praising Chris for what he brings to the team. These Laker bloggers have absolutely no basketball knowledge and even less credibility.


You should probably read the rest of his article. He wrote a longer paragraph criticizing Kobe's game and named Dwayne Wade, Deron Williams and Lebron James as the best players so far.

I find it pretty funny Raptor fans are commenting on Lakers fans. Who do you think truly has more knowledge about basketball? Honestly. Just because you don't agree with this guy's opinions, that doesn't mean you should pretend all Lakers fans are idiots with no sense for the game of basketball.

I don't even know how Vince Carter was brought into this by other posters. Wouldn't that be the equivalent of showing hate for a specific poster because he likes Vince Carter. The guy made no reference to Vince Carter and somehow because of that he should be dismissed? Liking a player on another team doesn't mean you're going to hate the player who took over his spot.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
Posts: 6,835
And1: 929
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Center of the World

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#42 » by MrBojangelz71 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:35 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:well, he has no obvious reason to be bias against bosh. So, personally, having not watched much of Team USA so far, I would take his opinion as closer to fact than any of the opinions from this board.

edit: reading through rest of the players, it seems to be a prety fair assessment without much bias (i.e. pointing out several flaws with the way Kobe has been playing).


Based on the forum this poster posted on you will equate that the validity and factuality of the posters' post. Further yet, based on this logic, you would put more weight into this posters assessment over those that have watched almost every professional game CB4 has ever played in?
Pretty much sounds illogical on so many levels. Good thing you aren't a reporter!
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 52,875
And1: 16,920
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#43 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:37 pm

Chris Bosh had 2 turnovers in the game against Canada, and none in the other 4 games the US played.

He also went 3-6 against Canada from the floor, and 9-9 in the last 4 games.

So where are all the missed perfect passes and poor finishing around the rim and missing open jumpers again?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
Posts: 10,533
And1: 10
Joined: Aug 28, 2004
Location: In between a pimp and a hard place

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#44 » by Silk Wilkes » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:40 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:
Youngblood wrote:Laker fans deserve no respect. The only reason they even like their own team is because of Kobe. If Kobe left the Lakers they'd follow him like sheep. The only reason they're hating on Chris is because they can't have him so they have to settle for an inferior Pau Gasol. If Chris was a Laker I'd bet anything that they'd be praising him even if he sucked. Take anything a person associated with the Lakers says with a s**tload of salt. Laker bloggers need to grow up.
A legendary basketball figure like Coach K was praising Chris for what he brings to the team. These Laker bloggers have absolutely no basketball knowledge and even less credibility.



uhh Kobe is a Laker, and the author has several criticisms of his play in the article.

And it is a bit of a stretch to declare a whole fanbase has absolutely no knowledge of basketball based on one bloggers paragraph about Bosh's play in Olympic exhibition.


Uhh when did I say Kobe wasn't a Laker?

One thing I don't understand is why people like to hate so much. The guy can't talk about the good parts of Chris' game (besides free throw shooting), he has to criticize Chris, D-Wade and even his best buddy Kobe. If he wants to criticize maybe he should suit up with any NBA player one on one and see how much there really is for someone in his position to criticize. Any one of Chris, Wade or Kobe would make this fool their b***h on the court.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
Posts: 11,683
And1: 7,334
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#45 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:41 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Based on the forum this poster posted on you will equate that the validity and factuality of the posters' post. Further yet, based on this logic, you would put more weight into this posters assessment over those that have watched almost every professional game CB4 has ever played in?
Pretty much sounds illogical on so many levels. Good thing you aren't a reporter!


There's a difference though. The blogger was talking specifically about how Bosh has played for USA so far. I'm sure we all agree that Bosh's impact on this team, and on the USA team are completely different. Personally I think he was a bit harsh on Bosh and that "hate" comment does make me question his judgment, but it does seem he watched the games, and he does seem to have some knowledge about basketball. If I didn't watch any of the games, I would rather have the opinions of outside watchers than those who are biased towards Bosh too.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
Posts: 6,835
And1: 929
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Center of the World

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#46 » by MrBojangelz71 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:45 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:Based on the forum this poster posted on you will equate that the validity and factuality of the posters' post. Further yet, based on this logic, you would put more weight into this posters assessment over those that have watched almost every professional game CB4 has ever played in?
Pretty much sounds illogical on so many levels. Good thing you aren't a reporter!


There's a difference though. The blogger was talking specifically about how Bosh has played for USA so far. I'm sure we all agree that Bosh's impact on this team, and on the USA team are completely different. Personally I think he was a bit harsh on Bosh and that "hate" comment does make me question his judgment, but it does seem he watched the games, and he does seem to have some knowledge about basketball. If I didn't watch any of the games, I would rather have the opinions of outside watchers than those who are biased towards Bosh too.


Here's the thing. I've watched all the pre Oly games as well and I can mesh that with the knowledge I have from the NBA play, which altogether tells me this "Suzy" has a stiff one for Boozer and will shoot Bosh completely down until he is sitting in Boozer's place.
jaymeister15
RealGM
Posts: 11,805
And1: 969
Joined: Dec 30, 2003
Location: Ontario

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#47 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:45 pm

Youngblood wrote:Uhh when did I say Kobe wasn't a Laker?

One thing I don't understand is why people like to hate so much. The guy can't talk about the good parts of Chris' game (besides free throw shooting), he has to criticize Chris, D-Wade and even his best buddy Kobe. If he wants to criticize maybe he should suit up with any NBA player one on one and see how much there really is for someone in his position to criticize. Any one of Chris, Wade or Kobe would make this fool their b***h on the court.


I brought up Kobe because you said if Bosh was a Laker, you bet the author would have nothing but praise for him even if he sucked...so my point was that Kobe is a laker, and the author definitely didn't have anything but praise for him.

Oh, and I don't see your other point at all. Of course Bosh would destroy me, you, this author, or anyone else on this board in a game of one on one...just like any NBA player was. So, I take it you will never criticise any NBA player?
Tha Cynic
RealGM
Posts: 11,683
And1: 7,334
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#48 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:46 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Chris Bosh had 2 turnovers in the game against Canada, and none in the other 4 games the US played.

He also went 3-6 against Canada from the floor, and 9-9 in the last 4 games.

So where are all the missed perfect passes and poor finishing around the rim and missing open jumpers again?


See, something like this makes much more sense than those talking about Vince Carter and how a poster's love for one player might influence the negative comments he believes about another player.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 52,875
And1: 16,920
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#49 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:46 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:There's a difference though. The blogger was talking specifically about how Bosh has played for USA so far. I'm sure we all agree that Bosh's impact on this team, and on the USA team are completely different. Personally I think he was a bit harsh on Bosh and that "hate" comment does make me question his judgment, but it does seem he watched the games, and he does seem to have some knowledge about basketball. If I didn't watch any of the games, I would rather have the opinions of outside watchers than those who are biased towards Bosh too.


So the missed passes and FG's happened while he has been playing for the US in 5 exhibition games? Interesting.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 52,875
And1: 16,920
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#50 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:49 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Chris Bosh had 2 turnovers in the game against Canada, and none in the other 4 games the US played.

He also went 3-6 against Canada from the floor, and 9-9 in the last 4 games.

So where are all the missed perfect passes and poor finishing around the rim and missing open jumpers again?


See, something like this makes much more sense than those talking about Vince Carter and how a poster's love for one player might influence the negative comments he believes about another player.


SS brought up the same points prior to calling out Jaymeister. In the majority of Jaymeister's posts in topics like these where people are arguing against an anti Raptor position, he loves to bring up the huge bias of this messageboard. He wants ot be seen as objective, and if everyone here is biased it explains why he can still love Vince and we all can't.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
Posts: 11,683
And1: 7,334
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#51 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:49 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Here's the thing. I've watched all the pre Oly games as well and I can mesh that with the knowledge I have from the NBA play, which altogether tells me this "Suzy" has a stiff one for Boozer and will shoot Bosh completely down until he is sitting in Boozer's place.


Fair enough. I haven't watched the games so I have no idea if he is right or wrong. I just think its ridiculous for posters to jump on someone just because they said they would take the blogger's word on the situation based on the rest of his article.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
jaymeister15
RealGM
Posts: 11,805
And1: 969
Joined: Dec 30, 2003
Location: Ontario

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#52 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:52 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Based on the forum this poster posted on you will equate that the validity and factuality of the posters' post. Further yet, based on this logic, you would put more weight into this posters assessment over those that have watched almost every professional game CB4 has ever played in?
Pretty much sounds illogical on so many levels. Good thing you aren't a reporter!


Of course a person who has watched Bosh play his entire career will have a better grasp of Bosh as a player. But, this article was just about Bosh's performance in these games, so whether or not a person has watched Bosh his entire career isn't necessarily relevant.
User avatar
Mrhankey123
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,282
And1: 427
Joined: Dec 22, 2007
Location: Scarborough

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#53 » by Mrhankey123 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:53 pm

I hate Bosh and hate him even more because Chandler should be on the team, not him.

/Thread.
Maytricks Championship 2019
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 52,875
And1: 16,920
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#54 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:55 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Fair enough. I haven't watched the games so I have no idea if he is right or wrong. I just think its ridiculous for posters to jump on someone just because they said they would take the blogger's word on the situation what he was talking about based on the rest of his article.


Here's the problem. Even if you haven't watched the games, the blogger's opinions have disagreed with the opinions of people like Jack Armstrong, coach K, Chris Sheridan, and Leo Rautins, amongst others I've read. Furthermore, his opinions can be easily refuted by looking at a stat sheet. You don't even need to have watched the games.

People jumped on Jaymeister because he's just doing what he always does. He immediately backs the anti-Raptor position.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
jaymeister15
RealGM
Posts: 11,805
And1: 969
Joined: Dec 30, 2003
Location: Ontario

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#55 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:57 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Chris Bosh had 2 turnovers in the game against Canada, and none in the other 4 games the US played.

He also went 3-6 against Canada from the floor, and 9-9 in the last 4 games.

So where are all the missed perfect passes and poor finishing around the rim and missing open jumpers again?


Alright, fair enough, I have never been arguing that everything he said was correct, I even said I haven't watched much of the games, nor been following the statlines.

So, it appears he was exagerating a lot of his observations (or was just plain wrong with some of them). That doesn't change anything I said in my first post. I would still take a bloggers opinion (who is a fan of another team, specifically one that has no rivarly with Toronto) on a Raptor players performance during a set of games over a Raptor fan's.
NikeAir
Banned User
Posts: 1,015
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 03, 2008

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#56 » by NikeAir » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:05 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:Instead of the attacks at me as a poster, why don't you guys just state which parts of the blog/my post you disagree with?

Judging by your responses, it seems you have been keeping a close eye on Boshs play in the exhibition games (which I have admittedly not been), so I would be interested to hear what aspects of the evaluation by the author of the blog were off base.

How about this when your team makes around 66% of its shots then it hard to get a rebound on offense and on defense most bigman go to the arc and he is too far from the basket to rebound also team USA gets lots of steals. BTW your comparing BOsh to Chandler a guy that gets in only garbage baskets and remember last season how Bosh schooled both your all-star big practically by himself :nonono: GTF outta here and go make a arguement that's not obivous.
Try not to wet yourself to much when Kobe leaves you for Italy :wink:
Ramen Monster
Pro Prospect
Posts: 824
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 06, 2006

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#57 » by Ramen Monster » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:10 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Chris Bosh had 2 turnovers in the game against Canada, and none in the other 4 games the US played.

He also went 3-6 against Canada from the floor, and 9-9 in the last 4 games.

So where are all the missed perfect passes and poor finishing around the rim and missing open jumpers again?


God dammit, thank you. People can have their own opinions but not their own friggin facts.

Also bosh has had all of 2 turnovers in those 5 prelim games, and has averaged 2.4 rebounds in about 13 minutes a game. Compare that Dwights 5.2 rebounds in an average in 20 minutes. They're not stellar numbers, but considering his role on the team, a far cry from saying he "Doesn’t rebound well against big men." And even if you don't know the stats, considering his body of work in the NBA season, would you say he doesn't rebound well against big men? Does that sound like Bosh? LOL. come on guys
Volcano
RealGM
Posts: 16,004
And1: 7,768
Joined: Jan 17, 2005

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#58 » by Volcano » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:10 pm

I've been watching the games and Bosh has been pretty much sucking. I think he's improving though and his last game was one of his better games. BUT, this blogger is pretty biased and going overboard.

Bosh has fumbled a couple passes, but I think it was more of the passer's fault than Bosh's. His offense usually comes from others creating offense for him..and it's true that he doesn't have hops and doesnt finish with a monstrous dunk most of the time, but a lay-up is worth as much as a dunk. When he doesnt finish at the rim, the refs usually call a foul, which is why his field goal percentage is still up there. Bosh's screen though...is basically non-existent..it doesnt even hinder the opposing on-ball defender...and he rolls to the basket every time, leaving the other player double teamed, but he never gets the pass. A lot of the time when he sets a screen..it doesnt help the offense at all, he just makes it more difficult for the player with the ball to operate

Defensively, I would say he's decent..but he doesnt clog up the lane as much as Dwight. His D on perimeter bigs is good. I'd say, his biggest problem is challenging shots when guards get into the paint..he just stands there and let's them lay it in instead of trying to block it or even foul them.

I'd say Bosh can do better and is currently under performing..he needs more time to adjust, since he doesnt get a lot of minutes in the first place and he isn't being used that well. The blogger probably hates Bosh because he likes seeing muscular big men who can block shots and dunk the ball every time they get it.
User avatar
galeon110
Analyst
Posts: 3,420
And1: 531
Joined: Jul 27, 2006
Location: Toronto

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#59 » by galeon110 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:14 pm

lmao, in his opinion, Chandler >>> Bosh....
nuff said.
Image
User avatar
Maximillion
Analyst
Posts: 3,640
And1: 3,859
Joined: Sep 08, 2006
         

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#60 » by Maximillion » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:22 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:I would still take a bloggers opinion (who is a fan of another team, specifically one that has no rivarly with Toronto) on a Raptor players performance during a set of games over a Raptor fan's.


You're a fan of VC and the Raptors (supposedly), so going by your judgement your opinion must be the most meaningless.

Return to Toronto Raptors