ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Sam screw up the line up and put in Solomon?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tush
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Will Sam screw up the line up and put in Solomon? 

Post#1 » by tush » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 am

I know Solomon was originally supposed to have the back-up role.. (at least thats what I heard.. please ignore and lock thread if I am wrong..)

But I always loved Ukic and hate Solomon. We don't need that out of our back-up.. we need someone like Ukic who is still able to control the game, and give him the minutes to develop behind Calderon and become a solid PG.

If Sam has already fallen in love with Solomon, I think he might inject him back into the lineup when he is healthy, and we will have to deal with his chucking...
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Re: Will Sam screw up the line up and put in Solomon? 

Post#2 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:33 am

Sam played everyone decently to night, and why do you hate on Soloman the guy is a scorer and a very fine one indeed. If we need ball movement he will put in Count McLovin in for Calderon if we need scoring we can put in Soloman.For once we have lots of options.
tush
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by tush » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:35 am

Don't get me wrong.. I loved the rotation so much tonight from Sam, that I just want to keep it this way... and really dont want Solomon in to screw it up..
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#4 » by J Dilla » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:37 am

Don't worry, Solomon ain't screwin nothin up. There will be times Jamario will be shooting bricks, Joey will be bad, Kapono won't take shots so King Solomon will need to step in. And its just 1 damn game, I bet if we lose to the Warriors on Friday there will be "We need Solomon" threads.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#5 » by The Letter V » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:40 am

J Dilla wrote:Don't worry, Solomon ain't screwin nothin up. There will be times Jamario will be shooting bricks, Joey will be bad, Kapono won't take shots so King Solomon will need to step in.

Good point.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#6 » by s e n s i » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 am

Yea, Solomon won't be a problem. I'm sure he'll frustrate some, but being able to score I guess will bail'em out.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
JL5
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#7 » by JL5 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:52 am

Come on, now. Give Sam some credit.
Bryans_Collar
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Bryans_Collar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:20 am

tush wrote:If Sam has already fallen in love with Solomon, I think he might inject him back into the lineup when he is healthy, and we will have to deal with his chucking...

GMAFB

Has Sam said anything positive about Solo to the media yet? Something beyond "he's working his way to NBA speed, he has nice size, good shooter" ???????????????????

Contrast that with how he's salivated multiple times about Roko's work ethic and willingness to learn and do anything the coaches ask. He wasn't even asked for this information he just voluntarily shared it with reporters.

For **** sakes, there are plenty of things to bitch about with Sam, but his handling of Roko isn't one of them. Use your brain imo.
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,660

Post#9 » by C_Money » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:23 am

The guy goes 2-7 and plays terrible defense and we've got people acting like Ukic is the next Steve Nash. If Leo didn't completely blow his load over everything Ukic did, would we even have people talking about him at all?
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#10 » by Rapcity_11 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:38 am

C_Money wrote:The guy goes 2-7 and plays terrible defense and we've got people acting like Ukic is the next Steve Nash. If Leo didn't completely blow his load over everything Ukic did, would we even have people talking about him at all?

I agree that everyone seems to be overating Roko's game, but come on man, give Ukic some props for coming in and doing a solid job. Your constant defense and love for Soloman is a little weird quite frankly.
tush
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by tush » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:41 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
C_Money wrote:The guy goes 2-7 and plays terrible defense and we've got people acting like Ukic is the next Steve Nash. If Leo didn't completely blow his load over everything Ukic did, would we even have people talking about him at all?

I agree that everyone seems to be overating Roko's game, but come on man, give Ukic some props for coming in and doing a solid job. Your constant defense and love for Soloman is a little weird quite frankly.

MAYBE... he.. IS Solomon.....
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:50 am

Lost in Ukic's solid 1st half of play tonight was how poorly he played in the 2nd half. That foul on William's was the 2nd time I've seen him make that boneheaded play on a 3-pointer at the end of the clock.

He's still the weak link in our rotation and Solomon could very well be the better option. He's certainly the better shooter and defender of the 2.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,660

Post#13 » by C_Money » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:51 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:

I don't like Solomon THAT much. Maybe I should change my avatar. I just don't see what the big deal is about Ukic.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#14 » by Volcano » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 am

The offense flowed more smoothly at times with Roko in compared to Calderon...he made some nice plays, took care of the ball, was aggressive when he needed to be and didn't get out of control. He has more room to develop and improve than solomon imo

Negatives are that the offense took a while to set up at times, there was slight over dribbling and a couple of bone headed plays (fouling a 3 pt shot). It also seems like he has trouble finishing in traffic
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#15 » by boshjonesford » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:33 am

sam needs a break seriously....

Return to Toronto Raptors