ImageImageImageImageImage

National TV coverage

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

National TV coverage 

Post#1 » by NG15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

It looks like, once again, the Raptors are not going to get any national coverage outside a few games from NBA TV and a couple from ESPN. You'd think the addition of JO would give us a little more respect/attention around the league.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/index.html?team=raptors
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Re: National TV coverage 

Post#2 » by Buyaka » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm

It's all about ratings and Raptors have no high wire acts. Maybe Joey, but he shows up occasionally. Don't worry, lots of TV analysts are going to eat humble pie by mid season. I see them adding more games as the season in mid season. Yesterday on NBA TV, Gary Payton was raving the Raps saying it will be a force to be reckon with and top 3 in Eastern conference.
PoloGoose
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by PoloGoose » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:34 pm

I think there's a lot of national coverage of the Raps. They're Canada's team!

International coverage on the other hand.. Raps get no US love.. yet..
NG15
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by NG15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Buyaka, totally understand it's about ratings and those kind of things but to only get a couple of games on ESPN and none on TNT really shows how little stern cares about the Raps.

Colangelo, lol yea I meant international coverage but I guess it sounds kind of weird considering the fact that Canada and US are neighbors.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#5 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 pm

NG15 wrote:Buyaka, totally understand it's about ratings and those kind of things but to only get a couple of games on ESPN and none on TNT really shows how little stern cares about the Raps.

Colangelo, lol yea I meant international coverage but I guess it sounds kind of weird considering the fact that Canada and US are neighbors.

What does David Stern have to do with getting the Raptors on TV in the US? The networks simply buy the games they feel will generate the most viewers and the most money. David Stern has no control over what the networks want to buy, that's why they created League Pass so games not picked up still have a chance to be watched by those interested.
NG15
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by NG15 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Oh didn't realize..I thought David Stern had some sort of say..
My mistake.

Return to Toronto Raptors