ImageImageImageImageImage

Gerald Wallace on the block (trade imminent?)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Re: Gerald Wallace on the block (trade imminent?) 

Post#61 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:24 pm

Another PF just what the team needs :(
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#62 » by mintsa » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:27 pm

Just for cap reasons alone I would say no. I liked the idea of trying to get Al Harrington much better.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,640

Post#63 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:28 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:Doug Smith says he would have more interest in Al Harrington.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#64 » by Rhettmatic » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:37 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:Doug Smith says he would have more interest in Al Harrington.

Hah -- fair enough, but for the most part Smith just regurgitates stuff he hears from people around the team. Given the way he revels in dismissing any trade speculation, I would bet there's a bit of validity to the Raptors' potential interest in AH.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
RUN-TMR
Junior
And1: 0

Post#65 » by RUN-TMR » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:08 pm

dagger is totally right about the financial considerations in charlotte. this is similar to memphis and the situation they faced with pau gasol. basically, a struggling market unloading an expensive player who simply wasn't helping them win. raps can do this. bobcats can't expect much in return. as long as you don't trade both parker and moon -- along with bargs -- you still have a decent bench. if you can get felton as well and give up someone like kapono -- you're still good. a bench with any 3 of
hump
moon
parker
kapono
(felton) is solid enough compared to teams like the lakers and the celtics.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#66 » by Hendrix » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:11 pm

I don't know if Wallace would be the best fit for this team with the current makeup of it.

Wallace doesns't really give us much of a wing that can create for himself, or others. He gets a lot of his points cutting down low, which is kinda where we need space for Bosh, and J.O to operate. Defensivly I'de prefer someone with a little more man to man defense then help defense I think. Plus the injury scares me with his current deal.

I'de take him if the right deal came along obiously, but I'm not sure if what we'de have to give up to get him would necisarily bring back as much as we'de want in a SF.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
cdel00
Head Coach

Post#67 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:12 pm

OK here's a trade that fleeces Denver

Wallace and Kapono to Denver OR Wallace and Bargs to Denver

Bargs and Parker to Charlotte OR Parker and Kapono to Charlotte

May, Balkman and Melo to Toronto

Hey a guy can dream ;)
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#68 » by J Dilla » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:25 pm

cdel00 wrote:OK here's a trade that fleeces Denver

Wallace and Kapono to Denver OR Wallace and Bargs to Denver

Bargs and Parker to Charlotte OR Parker and Kapono to Charlotte

May, Balkman and Melo to Toronto

Hey a guy can cream ;)

Fixed.
cdel00
Head Coach

Post#69 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:31 pm

Here's another possibility

Wallace to Detroit

Bargs and Kapono to Charlotte

Prince to Toronto
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#70 » by _venom_ » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:31 pm

People are seriously underrating the value of Andrea Bargnani around here. Yes he had a bad second year but he still has a ton of potential and he still has value around the NBA. I would actually argue that Bargnani has more trade value than Gerald Wallace right now. If salaries were even between the two, you guys wouldn't think the Bobcats would be all over a Wallace/Bargnani swap? Of course they would. They would be able to move Bargnani to his natural position at the 4 and put him next to good defensive player in Okafor. I wouldn't trade Bargnani in a package for Wallace unless the Bobcats sweetened the pot. Wallace is a very good player but he isn't a franchise player, he's a great 3rd option, and he has a history of injury problems worse than JO or Ford.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#71 » by Southward1 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:36 pm

_venom_ wrote:People are seriously underrating the value of Andrea Bargnani around here. Yes he had a bad second year but he still has a ton of potential and he still has value around the NBA. I would actually argue that Bargnani has more trade value than Gerald Wallace right now. If salaries were even between the two, you guys wouldn't think the Bobcats would be all over a Wallace/Bargnani swap? Of course they would. They would be able to move Bargnani to his natural position at the 4 and put him next to good defensive player in Okafor. I wouldn't trade Bargnani in a package for Wallace unless the Bobcats sweetened the pot. Wallace is a very good player but he isn't a franchise player, he's a great 3rd option, and he has a history of injury problems worse than JO or Ford.

Agreed

Just look at what Milwaukee did with Yi. If Yi can land a team richard jefferson Bargnani certainly could have. Gerald Wallace is a nice player and all, but he has no experience in the playoffs, is extremely injury prone and really isn't that perimeter defender this team needs. The raptors should wait for something better if they are thinking of trading bargnani
Kush
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#72 » by Kush » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:45 pm

Why would anyone trade for fat ass Curry, man Bargnani is way better rebounder and player than Curry...why not Bargnani.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#73 » by EventHorizon » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:51 pm

Gerald Wallace could possibly be attained without giving up Bargnani. Throw in a pick and decent players like AP or Kapono, and it is plausible.

If the Raptors give up Andrea, I would expect nothing less than JRich. The more I attempt to think about Bargnani from perspectives of BC and other GMs, the more value he seems to have.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Gerald Wallace on the block 

Post#74 » by sh00n » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:51 pm

Parasight wrote:
The Bobcats have apparently talked about Wallace's long-term value to the franchise (he signed a six-year, $57 million extension in July of 2007) and decided that they would be better suited allocating such a significant salary to somebody else.

If Jordan wants no part of that, what makes you think BC would...

Since when has Michael Jordan had a great eye for talent?

Greatest of all time, no question. But not for managing a team.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Gerald Wallace on the block 

Post#75 » by 08HEMI » Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:56 pm

sh00n wrote:
Parasight wrote:
The Bobcats have apparently talked about Wallace's long-term value to the franchise (he signed a six-year, $57 million extension in July of 2007) and decided that they would be better suited allocating such a significant salary to somebody else.

If Jordan wants no part of that, what makes you think BC would...

Since when has Michael Jordan had a great eye for talent?

Greatest of all time, no question. But not for managing a team.

Rip Hamilton was a good selection. I wouldn't say he is a dummy I think its more along the lines of he doesn't put the same effort into the teams he runs as he did when he played. He spends more time gambling and golfing than he does worrying about the Bobcats.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#76 » by J Dilla » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:02 pm

And I dunno what's up with these greats coming back with **** teams. Wayne Gretzky is in the most irrelevent hockey place ever the Coyotes, and out of all the teams Jordan went to the Wizards and Bobcats.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#77 » by sh00n » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:03 pm

J Dilla wrote:And I dunno what's up with these greats coming back with **** teams. Wayne Gretzky is in the most irrelevent hockey place ever the Coyotes, and out of all the teams Jordan went to the Wizards and Bobcats.

Bobcats = Charlotte = North Carolina.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,928

Post#78 » by JN » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:06 pm

RaptorsBoy wrote:If we have the extra cap space, who do you think that toronto can grab to have with cb and jose?

Anthony Parker, Jorge Garbajosa and Fred Jones.

With the injury issues of GW, I can certainly see why you do not want to trade for him in a deal to use up that cap space.

But I am certainly not against the idea of getting the third core piece of the team via trade, as another team tries to change its core for 2010 Free Agency, and dumps a contract.

Let's be honest here... this is still Toronto. Do you really want to see how we do against alot of competition in the FA market.
cdel00
Head Coach

Post#79 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:32 pm

Here's one I would love to see

TOR gets Tayshaun Prince & Raja Bell (among the best defensive wings in the game)

DET gets Gerrald Wallace (complete the Roster shake up)

PHX gets Jason Kapono (Kapono reunited with Shaq, imagine Nash feeding Kapono)

CHA gets Andrea Bargnani & Joey Graham (Bargs and Oak are made for each other)
sh00n
RealGM

Post#80 » by sh00n » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:35 pm

cdel00 wrote:Here's one I would love to see

TOR gets Tayshaun Prince & Raja Bell (among the best defensive wings in the game)

DET gets Gerrald Wallace (complete the Roster shake up)

PHX gets Jason Kapono (Kapono reunited with Shaq, imagine Nash feeding Kapono)

CHA gets Andrea Bargnani & Joey Graham (Bargs and Oak are made for each other)

Weird thing is, that actually looks fair on paper. But Phoenix would need more because Bell is too important to them. Some picks would have to go around, too.

Prince would fetch way more than Gerald Wallace, too. He's probably the most important piece in Detroit now because of his defense.

Return to Toronto Raptors