ImageImageImageImageImage

Gerald Wallace on the block (trade imminent?)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Re: Gerald Wallace on the block (trade imminent?) 

Post#81 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:50 pm

sh00n wrote:
cdel00 wrote:Here's one I would love to see

TOR gets Tayshaun Prince & Raja Bell (among the best defensive wings in the game)

DET gets Gerrald Wallace (complete the Roster shake up)

PHX gets Jason Kapono (Kapono reunited with Shaq, imagine Nash feeding Kapono)

CHA gets Andrea Bargnani & Joey Graham (Bargs and Oak are made for each other)

Weird thing is, that actually looks fair on paper. But Phoenix would need more because Bell is too important to them. Some picks would have to go around, too.

Prince would fetch way more than Gerald Wallace, too. He's probably the most important piece in Detroit now because of his defense.

Detroit fans proposed Prince for Wallace straight up I figured the Raps need Prince and the Cats need Bargs. I would send 2009's first to Phx to entice them

Bell/AP at SG
Prince/Moon at SF

Wings are a huge strength now.

Humphries moves up to first big of the bench.

Jose / Ukomon
Bell / AP / Ukomon
Prince / Moon / Adams
Bosh / Humps / Moon
O'Neal / Bosh
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#82 » by trick » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:51 pm

cdel00 wrote:Here's one I would love to see

TOR gets Tayshaun Prince & Raja Bell (among the best defensive wings in the game)

DET gets Gerrald Wallace (complete the Roster shake up)

PHX gets Jason Kapono (Kapono reunited with Shaq, imagine Nash feeding Kapono)

CHA gets Andrea Bargnani & Joey Graham (Bargs and Oak are made for each other)

wow, that's actually one of the more fairer trades i've seen around these parts. seriously. no green font.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#83 » by sh00n » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:54 pm

cdel00 wrote:Detroit fans proposed Prince for Wallace straight up I figured the Raps need Prince and the Cats need Bargs. I would send 2009's first to Phx to entice them

Bell/AP at SG
Prince/Moon at SF

Wings are a huge strength now.

Humphries moves up to first big of the bench.

Jose / Ukomon
Bell / AP / Ukomon
Prince / Moon / Adams
Bosh / Humps / Moon
O'Neal / Bosh

True. It's actually a really good trade for all teams, but picks would have to be moved to make it go down. I'd hate to lose Bargs, but I'd be ecstatic to have that trade go down. Especially if you package AP, Hump and fillers for another piece at the deadline.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,279

Post#84 » by Shaazzam » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:56 pm

cdel00 wrote:Detroit fans proposed Prince for Wallace straight up

That's crazy. Prince gives you elite level defence, man and team, is willing to play within the construct of the team and can do everything offensivley. I don't mean Kobe-elite level offence, but he can shoot, pass, post up, put the ball on the floor and finish.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
6th man
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#85 » by 6th man » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:01 pm

people need to chill and stop shooting down every trade propsal i mean this is the nba crazy trades happen all the team a good example would be that Gasol trade or even better yet Carter trade and just stop taking the fun out it and let all the aspiring gms here do their thing
Before insulting someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. So when you do insult them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#86 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:11 pm

I prefer a three team scenario:

TOR gets Gerald Wallace

DEN gets Jason Kapono and Joey Graham

CHA gets Antonio McDyess

Why???
FOR TOR - instant starting SF in exchange for a an experiment that hasn't worked out favourably
FOR DEN - some bench shooting for an otherwise waived/bought out asset
FOR CHA - a much needed PF

This works on Trade Checker but some picks may need to be included from either TOR or DEN or both to satisfy CHA.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#87 » by cdel00 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:20 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
cdel00 wrote:Detroit fans proposed Prince for Wallace straight up

That's crazy. Prince gives you elite level defence, man and team, is willing to play within the construct of the team and can do everything offensivley. I don't mean Kobe-elite level offence, but he can shoot, pass, post up, put the ball on the floor and finish.

That's what I thought too. Raps need Pistons DNA on the roster JYD and Delfino were good for the team, Prince would be amazing :)
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#88 » by gp2015 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:25 pm

HoopAndTheHarm wrote:I prefer a three team scenario:

TOR gets Gerald Wallace

CHA gets Antonio McDyess

Why???
FOR TOR - instant starting SF in exchange for a an experiment that hasn't worked out favourably

This works on Trade Checker but some picks may need to be included from either TOR or DEN or both to satisfy CHA.

So Charlotte trades Wallace for McDyess? Are you serious?
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,928

Post#89 » by JN » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:26 pm

HoopAndTheHarm wrote:I prefer a three team scenario:

TOR gets Gerald Wallace

CHA gets Antonio McDyess

Why???

Fake GM'ing at its finest.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#90 » by Buyaka » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:32 pm

_venom_ wrote:People are seriously underrating the value of Andrea Bargnani around here. Yes he had a bad second year but he still has a ton of potential and he still has value around the NBA.

+1

Also, nice follow up post Dagger. I agree Charlotte is looking for a salary dump, not equal value in return.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#91 » by [SJJ] » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:36 pm

I'd take any wing that can score at this point... Watching this teams wings makes me wanna throw up sometimes
Shammgod_
Pro Prospect
And1: 768

Post#92 » by Shammgod_ » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:37 pm

throw joey & kapono + a couple 2nds & cash to charlotte for gerald wallace.

thatd be perfect.

your all underrating gerald wallace, and his injuries came from playing the PF spot.. dude is 6'7", of course he'll get injured playing the way he does put body on line for betterment of team. exactly like a jermaine o'neal but @ SF.

he can do everything prince can do, except he's actually available. Prince is going nowhere from Detroit.

Calderon/Ukomon
Parker/Adams
G.Wallace/Jamario Moon (both dudes from alabama, known eachother since highschool)
Bosh/Humphries
Jermaine/Bargnani/Jawai

Parker no longer has to expend energy defending opposing team best player, Wallace easily takes that job. Wallace can give you 20 ppg w/ out plays designed for him. play off CB & Calderon. Jermaine will not need to score, just attract attention. that is an eastern champion team.

sign random free agent for vets minimum.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,928

Post#93 » by JN » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:41 pm

southeasy wrote:throw joey & kapono + a couple 2nds & cash to charlotte for gerald wallace.

thatd be perfect.

your all underrating gerald wallace , and his injuries came from playing the PF spot.. dude is 6'7", of course he'll get injured playing the way he does put body on line for betterment of team. exactly like a jermaine o'neal but @ SF.

Based on that trade offer you rate him like Matt Carroll or Nazr Mohammed.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Re: Gerald Wallace on the block 

Post#94 » by RapsVC15 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:42 pm

trick wrote:
TJ11 wrote:
ayo_23 wrote:pass.

yeah sure, pass on a guy that would pretty much solve all of the Raptors wing problems

lol

How? How exactly would he solve all of the "Raptors wing problems"?

How doesn't he?

As it stands right now, the Raptors easily have the worst collection of wing players in the league.

The raptors finally get that much coveted wing scorer who's can create off the dribble and score in a variety of ways other than just spot up shooting. Not to mention they finally get a defensive stopper who can man up any wing in the league legitimately.

Add in the rebounding, the unselfish play, the blocking etc. what the **** doesn't this guy do?

He'd make a position that's an extreme weakness right now, into one that's a point of strength.
O'DEAN_MAGNUM
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#95 » by O'DEAN_MAGNUM » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:06 pm

For all the good things that Wallace does well, his reckless style of play really makes you worry about that big price tag.

He has all the tools we've sorely lacked from our wings, and would be a welcome addition to the team.

His salary obligation is the primary reason why I'd guess BC is not interested. If we were in win now mode, maybe......but even then, would G.Wallace be considered the final piece to push us over the top.
Canadian Troops out of Afghanistan, NOW!
Shammgod_
Pro Prospect

Post#96 » by Shammgod_ » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:14 pm

JN wrote:
southeasy wrote:throw joey & kapono + a couple 2nds & cash to charlotte for gerald wallace.

thatd be perfect.

your all underrating gerald wallace , and his injuries came from playing the PF spot.. dude is 6'7", of course he'll get injured playing the way he does put body on line for betterment of team. exactly like a jermaine o'neal but @ SF.

Based on that trade offer you rate him like Matt Carroll or Nazr Mohammed.

kapono is a better version of carroll, joey still has potential, and could explode with another team. nazr is almost worthless nowadays. he isnt the best player on the team (j-rich), but if they are trying to trade him STILL, they must want to get rid of him. they are high on Dudley who plays the same position as gerald. we give them those generally cheap contracts, and were still doing them a favor taking on the 5 year contract of g.wallace (they obviously have concerns) and will not get = value or they would have traded him this past offseason.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#97 » by Hendrix » Fri Nov 7, 2008 8:26 pm

Do you guys think Crash would really fair well in Toronto? Look how Iggy's doing now with 2 big man in the paint all the time. He's not getting near as many dunk's, and easy baskets this year, and him playing out on the perimiter is not near as effecitve without much of a J, and Crash has a worse handle then Iggy.

He doesn't really fit into the offence we run much. I would have been glad to grab him when our 4/5 was Bargs, and Bosh,l but now with J.O I dunno if he'd be as effecitve as he is in Charolette with our half court sets.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Shammgod_
Pro Prospect

Post#98 » by Shammgod_ » Fri Nov 7, 2008 8:34 pm

to me it looks like iguodala is forcing his game. trying to do way too much with brand/dalembert clogging the lane. wallace unlike iguodala, does not nescessarily need the ball in his hands to score. he hustles to get his points off broken plays, offensive putbacks, steals for the open lane etc.

besides mention gerald is a surpreme defender to iguodala, even if gerald & his scoring dropped down past the 18 mark he's held for the past 3 seasons, its the defensive intensity that makes him standout. gerald wallace is also a very underrated passer, with two of Calderon/JO/Bosh on the floor, you almost have to go one-on-one or else get burned...... and then still get burned.

turn the big 3 into a big 4. keep andrea, making for a legit 5 man group with loads of potential on both sides of the ball, and we can fill our bench w/ bull**** like boston did for their championship run.

we were interested in gerald @ the deadline last season, and this past off season, but we chose to take the JO deal instead. if BC can manage to aquire the guy w/o ripping apart our core, i think he would pull the trigger, and for *****ing sure its worth it. you bring gerald here, tell him to keep his nose clean, and try not to be so reckless & bang with the big guys. he can be productive on the court stealing & blocking wise, without taking so much chances, and risking injury by going all out.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,818

Post#99 » by junot111 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 12:17 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4805794

C: Bargs
PF: Bosh
SF: Wallace
SG: Parker
PG: Calderon

Moon and Kapono off the bench, when one of them is on Gerald can also play the 2 spot. Nazr is another big body, while May can actually bring a solid post game.

Nice knowing ya Jermaine
Bryans_Collar
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#100 » by Bryans_Collar » Sat Nov 8, 2008 12:29 am

Hendrix wrote:Do you guys think Crash would really fair well in Toronto? Look how Iggy's doing now with 2 big man in the paint all the time. He's not getting near as many dunk's, and easy baskets this year, and him playing out on the perimiter is not near as effecitve without much of a J, and Crash has a worse handle then Iggy.

He doesn't really fit into the offence we run much. I would have been glad to grab him when our 4/5 was Bargs, and Bosh,l but now with J.O I dunno if he'd be as effecitve as he is in Charolette with our half court sets.

I agree with this.

I think you need to look at the SF/PF/C as a group. For balance somebody has to stand on the outside and be able to shoot from 3. It doesn't have to be the SF, but ideally it is.
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0

Return to Toronto Raptors