ImageImageImageImageImage

Grange: Joe Johnson's impact comparable to Bosh's

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Re: Grange: Joe Johnson's impact comparable to Bosh's 

Post#41 » by JYD » Fri Nov 7, 2008 11:49 pm

supersub15 wrote:You must be out of your f*ing minds. Joe Johnson is comparable to Chris Bosh? Really?

Dude shot .432 from the field last year and had a 17.3 PER. WTF!

You need to look at his numbers in the 2nd half of the season, after they got Bibby and Johnson was able to play his natural position. Post All-Star numbers: 23.2/4.6 boards/6.6 assists/1.2 steals/43.6% from 3, 47.5% from the field.
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#42 » by BlackIce » Sat Nov 8, 2008 3:41 am

um...ironic? kidding just one game
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#43 » by Rooster » Sat Nov 8, 2008 7:23 am

Wham! wrote:
supersub15 wrote:You must be out of your f*ing minds. Joe Johnson is comparable to Chris Bosh? Really?

Dude shot .432 from the field last year and had a 17.3 PER. WTF!

You need to look at his numbers in the 2nd half of the season, after they got Bibby and Johnson was able to play his natural position. Post All-Star numbers: 23.2/4.6 boards/6.6 assists/1.2 steals/43.6% from 3, 47.5% from the field.

Why did Johnson increase his APG after the team got Bibby? :-?
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#44 » by High 5 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 7:36 am

When Joe Johnson is on his game, he is simply unstoppable. Not only can he score from anywhere on the floor, but as you guys saw tonight, he has some of the sickest handles in the league. He just hasn't had a lot of help in Atlanta, but with the additions of Bibby, Evans, Flip, and even Marvin working on his three he has guys who can spread the floor this year and give him more room to operate. Bosh has had great point guards and deadly three point shooters around him for a while now. Now this year he has JO, who even on the decline grabs enough attention to make life easier for Bosh.

Bosh has the advantage of being a big, but it's ridiculous to act like they're on different levels.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#45 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:19 am

supersub15 wrote:read more here

The Hawks are 3-0 and may have a broader depth of talent than the Raptors. Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh are comparable for their impact on a game.

:-?
No I disagree! The Hawks have more athleticsim, but not more functional talent then the Raptors. Don't read too much in tonite's game and loss to the Hawks.

I like the Hawks, but I think your team has talent too but you might not have the right coach to get it out of them. I see more in your team then many of you do! LOL, that is strange...

I like the Hawks, but they are built differently then your team. It would be a great first round playoff matchup.

Yes you might have to tweak your team, and had you brought back in Vince Carter as I asked last year, and was laughed out of here you would be the favorites this year.

But oh well...
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#46 » by KING01 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:35 am

Bosh, Joe Johnson are two of my favorite players. Johnson is just balling this year and is proving to everyone that He is no fluke.

Atlanta is lucky to have him.

Peace

Return to Toronto Raptors