ImageImageImageImageImage

Who are the worst Starting 2 and 3 in the League?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 793

Re: Who are the worst Starting 2 and 3 in the League? 

Post#41 » by disoblige » Sat Nov 8, 2008 9:43 am

moon fg% this season (including against hawks) is .565 .and his 3pt fg 60%
Parker 3pt percent this season is 56% (including hawks).

blinded by the loss.......
vinzanity
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by vinzanity » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:07 pm

Death Knight wrote:
vinzanity wrote:Crawford/Q-Rich
Finley/Bowen
Miller/Brewer

aside from the aforementioned, AP and Jamario are pretty bad.

Yea, but Ginobili will be back and Bowen is at least a solid defender.

Crawford is Crawford, but I expect Wilson Chandler to replace Q-Rich at SF sooner rather than later, which will help the cause.

Miller all by himself > Parker and Moon.

Fair enough, but i beg to differ. I think AP and Jamario does a lot of good things that is not shown on box scores. Jamario's game just needs to be more consistent. He has shown flashes of Scottie Pippen, and I'm not referring to just his dunk last year against the Bulls.
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Dennis P » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:16 pm

halfcourt wrote:AP is not at fault here, its the hot garbage trio of moon, graham and kapono. Graham is lucky to still be in the league, Kapono is garbage on a team without a star perimeter player and low post threat and moon is really lucky to be on this team because he would be a 9th man type of player on most other teams

I agree if AP had a capable 3 man he would look WAY better. As the best option at the swing AP is exposed, as the 2nd or 3rd option he's very good.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#44 » by postup » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:15 pm

I have no problem with AP. He plays decent de and he's consistent. He's the least of our problems. I love Calderon, but he's been a major weakness on de so far and teams are deliberately taking it to him.

Moon drives me insane. What bothers me most about Moon is that he almost stubbornly refuses to take it to the hole. I realize that his first step isn't the greatest, but I had hoped he would have spent some time in the summer working on that and his handle. I don't really care about his %, which is pretty good, because every time he shoots, he's negating a slash or penetration, making us much easier to defend as a team. On top of that, I'd much rather have Kapono taking shots than him.

I'm not sure why people are hating on Kapono, especially after last game. Everybody in the league knew he's not a very good one-on-one defender, so that's not why he was brought here. He was brought in with for the sole purpose of spreading out other teams' de. He was the only guy putting the ball in the net in the first half yesterday and then he roasts on the bench until the end of the third, when the game's pretty much done. I don't understand it. His release is insane. And to be honest, it was Calderon they were exposing time after time, not Kapono.

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,524

Post#45 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm not taking a position on this, but am curious: for all the people answering 'us and its not close' or similar, have you actually taken the time to look at all the other teams and what they're 2/3's are doing, or are you just expressing your dissatisfaction with what our guys are doing, and assuming it somehow must translate to 'worst in the league'?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#46 » by BlackIce » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:35 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:I'm not taking a position on this, but am curious: for all the people answering 'us and its not close' or similar, have you actually taken the time to look at all the other teams and what they're 2/3's are doing, or are you just expressing your dissatisfaction with what our guys are doing, and assuming it somehow must translate to 'worst in the league'?

I'm not taking a position on this? u sound like a politican, wats the harm in taking a position?

I would say NY is worse then us but not the spurs. Regardless we need an upgrade on the wings. What i would give for rip...I would do disgusting, unforgivable things to get that guy on our team. :P
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,524

Post#47 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:38 pm

BlackIce wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:I'm not taking a position on this, but am curious: for all the people answering 'us and its not close' or similar, have you actually taken the time to look at all the other teams and what they're 2/3's are doing, or are you just expressing your dissatisfaction with what our guys are doing, and assuming it somehow must translate to 'worst in the league'?

I'm not taking a position on this? u sound like a politican, wats the harm in taking a position?

No harm, I just think 5 games is way too soon for me to eval many of the teams' wing combos around the league.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#48 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:45 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
No harm, I just think 5 games is way too soon for me to eval many of the teams' wing combos around the league.

As a group last season they were last in combined PPG, FTA, and ASTS. Delfino led in 2 of those categories.

SJAX was right when he said "all they can do is shoot".

Return to Toronto Raptors