ImageImageImageImageImage

Outlaw, Webster, and Kleiza

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Outlaw, Webster, and Kleiza 

Post#21 » by 08HEMI » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:00 pm

rise of raptors wrote:
I would point to Bosh and Calderon as players that got better under the Smitch's watch. However, for the past four drafts, management (no matter who's in charge) has been horrid. Sam imo just needs to have a better playbook. And he has to stop telling players to be who they aren't i.e. Kapono should not be depended to create his own shot and drive to the net.

Edit: the hole on the wings has been there for quite some time, its not as if the O'Neal trade created that need. What the JO trade created was our lack of depth situation.

Bosh was already wlel on his way to establishing himself and Bosh is the type of hard worker with high character and special talent that it wouldn't of matter who coached him he still would of turned out great.

I will give him Jose but thats about it, no one else has improved because of Sam's coaching or development skills. He takes the same approach with all players and fails to relize not every player is the same, you can't develop them all and treat them the same way you treated Jose which i hear was pretty harsh. Some players do not react well to being called out on tv, abused in practise, brought in and out of the lineup like human yoyo's. I would argue if there ever was talent to be seen in players like Joey Graham, Sam Mitchell killed it. Lets not let him continue to do that with Bargnani.
Kush
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#22 » by Kush » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:40 pm

I love to see a trade that gets us Josh Howard...maybe trade like Bargnani, Kapono, Joey Graham for Josh Howard +filler.
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#23 » by TR50 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:02 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I have no idea what you people are saying here...

I went to the Raptors vs Bucks game last week and now as we speak I am watching the Raptors play the Hawks. I see a team that just needs more time to jell and a system that is not working as good as it should.

From what I see your team does not have any need for anyone. Your team just needs to blend and jell with one another. Chemistry and character take time to develop.

You need to work that inside out game and spead the floor, and demand your guards to check your man. Against the Hawks your team looked a step too slow and a step too tired.

But I love Moon and Parker and Kapono. From what I see this is the team that is my darkhorse come May to come out of the East! I think your team is loaded and it is very delicate right now to be going and messing around with.

If you make any move at all...I would change coaches before I move any players and bring in a guy like Jeff Van Gundy to teach your team some toughness and how to play together and play some defense!

Bosh has to get in the weight room :lift: if he is playing 43+ minutes or you will wear him down with the amount of producition you are not getting from Bargnani or Rokic which is normal for a team that has some key European players. It takes time for them to catch up...

If you can move A. Bargnani to the Knicks for a guy like Wilson Chandler that would be cool, but I don't think you need him!

There is nothing wrong with Parker or Moon as your wings because they can shoot! You need them to find a role and hit open shots, make entry passes to the bigs and then stay the hell out of the way!

You don't want to bring in another guy who commands the ball! What you want is guys who help your team space and those who can pass and finish if you have a fastbreak! What you need is for Bargnani to wake the hell up or find a way to use him right and improve your overall defense.

Five months ago I came in here imploring your team to go get Vince Carter back and was laughed out this room...Parker, Kapono, and Graham are good enough for now. Your problem is Bargnani!

After seeing them in Milwaukee last week you all need to relax and settle down and let them get some practices and games under their belt.

Like I said, if anything the next move is a new coach, not more players! And I like Sam Mitchell. But you have the roster. Sometimes you need a new vision, a new voice, and new approach. Especially with two twin towers like you have.

Van Gundy knows how to deal with that. YOU DON'T NEED A WING. I know this site is predicated on trade scenarios and whatnot but you are just fine as is.

I would not mind our team offering you SG Michael Redd and Gadzuric. But I would only take Bosh from your team and I know that is not going down...But he might not resign with you this summer?

But I like your team.

:thumbsup:

stick around our board :P
i truly enjoy reading your posts (although its been like 2) because they make sense even if some are a little exaggerated.

We do need some sort of wing help or someones gotta step it up and Moon if you ask me, has been VERY lazy and i think he's playing his way out of the lineup.
snapcracklepape
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#24 » by snapcracklepape » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:26 pm

vi3t wrote:The sixers aren't gonna trade away Thaddeus Young, he has all-star potential and a lot of sixer fans are higher on him than Igoudala, so far in this season, Young has definately outplay Igoudala

Lets try for Iggy then! haha
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#25 » by BlackIce » Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:37 pm

how about one of minnasota's guards aren't they stacked on the wings?

Return to Toronto Raptors