ImageImageImageImageImage

Why the raptors should look acquire Al Harrington

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Why the raptors should look acquire Al Harrington 

Post#1 » by boshjonesford » Sat Nov 8, 2008 9:56 am

There are many benefits of trading for Al Harrington, he can score, rebound and defend better then Moon and one of the major benefits would be that his contract expires the same year as JO and Bosh which would give the raptors a cap space of $48,001,160
Which means that we would have enough money to resign bosh and we would be able to sign any of unrestricted free agents (With that much cap space we could sign Two all star level players)

LeBron James
Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Ming Yao
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
Amare Stoudemire
Caron Butler
Dwyane Wade

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2010/

Over all it’s a good long term and short term deal for the raptors.
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Re: Why the raptors should look acquire Al Harrington 

Post#2 » by endo » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:18 am

Why would any of those proposed free-agents of your sign with the Raptors as opposed to their original teams?
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by boshjonesford » Sat Nov 8, 2008 10:28 am

endo wrote:Why would any of those proposed free-agents of your sign with the Raptors as opposed to their original teams?

some teams offer more money then others, also keep in mind that raptors would have enough money to sign two players which the their original teams wouldn't be able to do which means they better chance of winning a championship. there are times when a player doesn't resign with their original teams, why do you think theres so much talk about Bosh going to the Cavs, Pistons ect. lots of good players don't resign with their teams look at Baron Davis, Steve Nash.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:10 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL.....NO NO NO NO NO! HELL NO! No no no. You are nuts! Heehee. I hope I make myself clear on this one.

Listen, I watched your team last week against my Bucks and the one player I liked more then anyone on that team besides O'Neal, Calderon, and Jason Kapono was Jamario Moon! This kid can go!

Hell no you dont move him for Moon! Don Nelson would jump on that deal to get a guy like Moon so logically I see your point. You could get it done on his end, but GM Bryan Colangelo should be fired the minute he makes that deal!

You do not need Harrington or another guy who would demand the ball and take it our of Bosh and JO'Neal's hands down low! You need to see if you can get Mitchell to get something out of Bargnani or move him, NOT MOON! Moon you see if you can develop more...

In fact, Moon is your ticket to the finals come playoff time! You do not get rid of him because he is the one guy who can play defense with Parker on the wings! Hell no you don't move Moon!

If you want to give Moon away, then hell give him to us (the Bucks!). He is a young wing you need in the East to get to where you want to go.

I feel he is one guy you build around on that team with O'Neal if you don't resign Bosh. Your year and window is RIGHT NOW with this team. Don't screw it up doing something dumb like this.

I really like Moon. He has a nice jumper, nice hops, great first step, very good lateral movement, and he can guard mutiple positions and gives your time some flavor on the break. He is a perfectly great compliment to Bosh and JO'Neal. I

You do not :noway: need Al Harrington unless you are moving Chris Bosh to the Bucks for Redd and then you are going to rejoin Al Harrington :cuddle and O'Neal with Bargnani on the front line!

Al Harrington takes away some of your physicality. Actually you really have none with Bosh, just great length. But you are even softer with Harrington and too perimeter orientated.

Now that would make some sense because Bosh is not signed long term is he? So that would make some sense for them to do.

But you do not move Moon for Harrington IMO. Perhaps GS would like Bargnani and Parker if the money adds up for Al Harrington and Marco Belinelli?

But :wavefinger: not Moon... :tooth

:noway:
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by KING01 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:16 am

I think the perfect player that we can get is gerald wallace. He slashes to the basket and gets rebounds and blocks.

The raptors should look to trading for Wallace.

Peace
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#6 » by miruss2001 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 12:28 pm

^ +1... all this talk about Wallace being an injury threat is just garbage.
funkadelic
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#7 » by funkadelic » Sat Nov 8, 2008 1:18 pm

i agree with KING01...Al Harrington is a better looking stephan jackson; wallace would be perfect for the raptors...but you can't just trade him for moon; we'd have to include bargs or kapono just to and a pick to make the salaries match.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#8 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Nov 8, 2008 1:40 pm

what about us biting the bullet and going over the cap to sign Bonzi Wells. he's not soft, he rebounds well for his position and he can shoot.
Kuma
Junior

Post#9 » by Kuma » Sat Nov 8, 2008 2:43 pm

i really want caron bulter on the raps
although is almost impossible but u can let a man dream right?

his toughness, ability to steal and create fast break, good d and good shooter will improve the raps so much and he seems to fit in our system pretty well too
Sizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#10 » by Sizzle » Sat Nov 8, 2008 3:57 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:what about us biting the bullet and going over the cap to sign Bonzi Wells. he's not soft, he rebounds well for his position and he can shoot.

Best idea I have seen yet. If we can get him motivated he would be a great fit alongside BOsh and JO, the only problem.......why is he a free agent??? Am I missing something?

Al Harrington will NOT help this team. Wallace would be better but I think it would cost us too much to get him.

Anyway you slice I think BC will be forced to do something if we see another performance anywhere close to Atlanta.
" Once the mind has been streched by a new idea, It will never again return to it's original size."
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#11 » by Assassin_1 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:01 pm

IMO we should just trade O'Neal for expirings, and picks. Then we should tank this season. Then next season we have 2 good perimeter players and a rebounding center, from free agency and the draft.
/green font
Bryans_Collar
Veteran

Post#12 » by Bryans_Collar » Sat Nov 8, 2008 4:28 pm

**** Al Harrington.

We need a real difference maker at the wing position - Caron Butler, Joe Johnson type of skill level.
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0
noxe
Starter
And1: 10

Post#13 » by noxe » Sat Nov 8, 2008 5:41 pm

Bryans_Collar wrote:**** Al Harrington.

We need a real difference maker at the wing position - Caron Butler, Joe Johnson type of skill level.

Which we can target w/ the load of cap space we'll have if we were to get Al Harrington and have him expire with O'Neal in '10
Yes folks, above sig/tweet is real!
When asked about the state of his groin injury, Primoz Brezec had the following observation: "The groin is a gangster."
RealSuperfan
Senior
And1: 12

Post#14 » by RealSuperfan » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:06 pm

Al Harrington is not the answer. Where exactly is he supposed to play for us? Please don't say the 3, because we're going to get exposed on the perimeter on a nightly basis. He has a solid jumper, but at this point, I'd put a bigger emphasis on our lack of perimeter D.

People really need to try stop looking for the band-aid solution after every loss. I admit, I'm guilty of this too sometimes. However, this team needs some more time. Give them 20 more games and we should have a real idea of what this team can or cannot do. Having said that, there's absolutely no doubt we need a perimeter defender in the worst way. Despite how good our offense can be, our perimeter D is the back breaker. Your chances of winning in the playoffs without good team defense is pretty low. JO and Bosh have held the fort down in the paint, but they can only do so much.

I was saying this last summer and I'll say it again. I would love to have Thabo Sefolosha on this team. He is an excellent defender with a good combination of height, length, and athleticism. Not only can he defend, but his slashing ability is better than anything we have on the wings. I know his shooting isn't exactly the best, but I've seen him over the years and he is respectable from the outside.I just don't think Chicago is ideal for him considering the guard depth over the years. He definitely isn't going to be easy to acquire, as I've heard the Bulls are still high on him. No, he is not the game changer we're looking for, but IMO he's an upgrade over what we have, especially considering his defensive abilities. It's something realistic and possible. As much as I'd love to have a Butler or even Josh Howard, it's probably not going to happen.
Shammgod_
Pro Prospect
And1: 768

Post#15 » by Shammgod_ » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:35 pm

thabo sefolosha is potential lock-down defender. hes gonna be good, & he can play PG @ 6'7"

i'd ditch any harrington/bosh/o'neal combo to get amare, josh howard or caron butler here.

i realistically thnik gerald wallace is the better option. especially over al harrington.

btw, Al harrington isnt really a good defender, and i wouldnt say hes a better defender then jamario.

Return to Toronto Raptors