ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh improving in the paint?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Bosh improving in the paint? 

Post#1 » by Hendrix » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:08 pm

I havn't really seen the improvment on defence we were hearing about because of the Olympics, maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

But, 1 thing I have really noticed from Bosh this year is he seems to be more skilled this year getting his shot off around the hoop. He seems to have a counter for everything, up and unders and acts quickly, and decisivly knowing what to do to get his shot off, and finishing great. It's still early to be keeping track of stats, but so far it's showing up in this stat.

Last year.
Inside-30% of shots @ .529%
Close-42% of shots @ .612%

This year
Inside-30% of shots @ .733%
Close-42% of shots @ .762%

Take those kind of %'s when he's inside and throw in the fact he's getting to the FT a lot when he goes down there and his TS% when going in the paint has gotta be through the roof.

Do you guys notice this, and if so do you think it's because of J.O taking some preasure off him or what?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Bosh improving in the paint? 

Post#2 » by Kabookalu » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah I've noticed this too, he was crafty before but now he's a lot more versatile with a bag full of moves in the post, and JO might have something to do with it but I think Bosh's work ethic is more of a telling of this.
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by boshjonesford » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:13 pm

i know bosh is play really well and he has a very good jumper....but i would like to still see him drive and try to score in the paint. i remember when he played for team USA he didn't take a single jump shot, everything was in the paint and his field goal percentage was 62%.
Paperclip
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Paperclip » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:18 pm

He definately does seem more crafty in the paint aswell as finishing his drives. Maybe he has more space to work with inside, I don`t know for sure to be honest.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#5 » by HiJiNX » Sat Nov 8, 2008 7:03 pm

boshjonesford wrote:i know bosh is play really well and he has a very good jumper....but i would like to still see him drive and try to score in the paint. i remember when he played for team USA he didn't take a single jump shot, everything was in the paint and his field goal percentage was 62%.

It's different in the NBA where Bosh is the focal point of an opponents defensive strategy, whereas on team USA he was an energy guy and garbage player. Bosh this year has only been taking jumpers when they're his only choice. In fact, he seems to be settling less than he normally would, despite the fact that his jumper has looked automatic this year.

Regarding the thread topic, I've noticed it as well. He seems like he's developed a lot more counter-moves and creative finishes, particularly of the under-handed and finger-roll variety. And his jumper seems to be improved, too. Bosh's offense looks quite unstoppable right now. He should be getting 20 shots per game, IMO. Dude looks like he can average 26+ ppg this year. And the best thing about it is that thus far he's done all of his damage in the flow of the offense; he's not being force-fed. He's stronger, his handles are way better, he's finishing much better, and his jumper is scary accurate right now. He's getting close to Dirk status offensively, IMO. Now could you imagine what Bosh would do in a system that would actually get him easy buckets?
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,524

Post#6 » by Harry Palmer » Sat Nov 8, 2008 7:09 pm

Actually, I've noticed him being more assertive and patient in the post. It's early, and this kind of thing generally fades as the season grinds on, but I have to agree with the observation thus far.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
kirbs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by kirbs » Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:46 pm

I said it before.....if Bosh would stop settling for so many jumpers I have no doubt he could shoot 55% FG over a season.
omeloon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#8 » by omeloon » Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:48 pm

I've always been pretty hard on Bosh, but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. He definitely looks more comfortable and crafty in the post. I wouldn't give JO too much credit, but having him certainly helps.
BOSHFAN
Senior
And1: 3

Post#9 » by BOSHFAN » Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:52 pm

yea, i'm also surprised how well he's playing around the basket, making plenty of tough shots. Once he drives in, its pretty hard to predict what moves he'll pull off, must make his defenders go crazy.
SuigintouEV on Bosh:

I don't even know if he's a starter on a championship calibur team.
And1Viper
Junior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by And1Viper » Sat Nov 8, 2008 9:17 pm

Same here, I was pretty impressed with his new ability to drive at will. When left open, he seems to almost always hit the jumper too.

Return to Toronto Raptors