ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA League Pass Broadband - CC

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RoyalRapz21
Freshman
And1: 0

NBA League Pass Broadband - CC 

Post#1 » by RoyalRapz21 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:23 am

just wondering if anyone has actually signed up for the NBA League Pass Broadband with a Canadian CC yet?
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Re: NBA League Pass Broadband - CC 

Post#2 » by NG15 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:42 am

I tried to get the free version (the 1 till nov.11th) but it doesn't let me.. It keeps saying error..
Aznguru
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Aznguru » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:51 am

Hey dude,

I have League Pass (But i'm in Seattle right now).
I managed to hook up a few of my friends in Toronto with LP (Apparently, If i signed up here in the states and let them use an account i created for them, they get LP =)

If you want, i can hook you up.
(I use USA CC though)
Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#4 » by Rallyks » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 pm

are they still seriously not offering league pass broadband in canada?!?!
Eating a Book
General Manager
And1: 2,334

Post#5 » by Eating a Book » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm

I've sent quite a few emails to the League Pass people asking about why it's unavailable in Canada and haven't gotten so much as a canned response.

I'm confused. Is this a big secret or something?
@terriblejazz
RoyalRapz21
Freshman

Post#6 » by RoyalRapz21 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Aznguru, what email can i reach you at?

and just wondering if anyone else on the board has dealt with aznguru before aswell... just want to be on the safe side...
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#7 » by JD225 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Even if you get in 50% of the games are blacked out. It's just a terribly run service right now.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,152

Post#8 » by gp2015 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 pm

JD225 wrote:Even if you get in 50% of the games are blacked out. It's just a terribly run service right now.

Yep. I was actually planning on buying it but like 40-50% of the games are blacked out and usually the best games, including many Raptors games.

Not worth it IMO.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#9 » by EdMar_Davis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Just watch the game online, like most other people. its free too
RoyalRapz21
Freshman

Post#10 » by RoyalRapz21 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 am

hasn't there only been 1 blacked out raptors game so far? and the only reason i am leaning towards this is because i get no lag on there compared to the free streams
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Hypz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 am

bballmstr32
Junior

Post#12 » by bballmstr32 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:47 am

Knicks fan here. I bought LP broaband at the beginning of the season thinking that everything would be working fine. However, I haven't been able to watch a Knicks game yet on this thing. I go to school in MA right now, so there is no reason why the Knicks would be blacked out. Overall, this service is horrible if you are a Knicks fan. I've been able to watch a couple of Raptors games and there has been like 4-5 games available each night (which is the only reason why I haven't canceled yet) but this product is definitely not what they sell it to be. There are some serious flaws and the tech people that run this thing are horrible.

The customer service is awful too. There is no number you can call, so you basically have to write a ticket online and submit it. When they get back to you, its typically the same bs response (e.g. Our engineers are working very hard to resolve the problem and get it working as soon as possible). When you hear that response for the first time, its not so bad. But when you hear it again 2 weeks later, its very annoying. In fact, one of the customer service people even told me in an email that the blackout issues were resolved and that if I wasn't able to watch the Knicks where I was, it is due to the fact that MSG is available in my area. Of course, I had already informed them that I'm in Massachusetts right now (where MSG is not available) and they failed to remember that. When I responded and told them they were wrong, they backtracked and said that it looks like there are still blackout issues and that they would try to fix them as soon as possible.

So yeah overall, I would advise against buying it right now. Wait till this thing gets working 100%. If you want to watch some of the other games that are going on in the league, then its not a bad idea to get it anyway. However, if you are getting it to watch one specific team (like the Raps in this case), its a huge risk.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,417

Post#13 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:57 am

I don't understand how the blackouts work. Me and another friend used the same USA proxy to sign up for League Pass, but yesterday's Celtics/Raptors game was blacked out for me, but not him. I even tried with his account and it was still blacked out for me. He's in Markham, and I'm in Scarborough. I'm not sure if they're using ipaddresses or what, but I was actually interested in buying this service.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#14 » by JD225 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Have you asked your friend what web browser he uses? I've heard different games being blacked out with different browsers.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,417

Post#15 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 am

JD225 wrote:Have you asked your friend what web browser he uses? I've heard different games being blacked out with different browsers.

I tried both and they both had the same effect. It's almost as if the blackouts are random.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
bballmstr32
Junior

Post#16 » by bballmstr32 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:12 am

I think the blackouts are completely random. I'm in Massachusetts and some Celtics games come up for me when they shouldn't. Meanwhile, Nets and Knicks games haven't been available at all for me all season...
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#17 » by The Letter V » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:19 am

Tha Cynic wrote:
JD225 wrote:Have you asked your friend what web browser he uses? I've heard different games being blacked out with different browsers.

I tried both and they both had the same effect. It's almost as if the blackouts are random.

I think they pretty much are as of right now. Alot of out of market games are getting blacked for no reason at all. They claim it has to do something with a mistake with ESPN copyright issues, and they're working on it. I don't think it is based on IP address, because I have been able to watch 3 Raptor games, and that shouldn't be possible if it was IP based. I am pretty sure your location is determined by the location they get from your credit card....could be the reason bballmstr32 is having Knicks games blacked because he might've used a credit card registered in NY.
bballmstr32
Junior

Post#18 » by bballmstr32 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:34 am

^

Thats what I'm thinking too. I actualy asked them that in the email and asked if there was anyway that I could change the credit card address to my MA address if that made things work. However, they didn't even say anything about that.

Tonight for example, I have like 4 games blacked out for me and none of them should be blacked out. Doesn't make any sense.

Return to Toronto Raptors