ImageImageImageImageImage

Delfino and Printesis

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Delfino and Printesis 

Post#1 » by SkywalkerAC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:02 pm

Anyone else think that these two have a significant role in Colangelo's vision for his Raptors? After all, BC will be forced to add to this team with limited resources and the rights to Carlos and Giorgos are his prime developmental chips, along with Jawai (who will hopefully be playing next year), and our draft pick.

These guys are playing for two of the very best teams outside the NBA and they're putting up efficient numbers. I don't think that either team has been defeated (though is Khimki Moscow in the Euroleague this year?).

Delfino is shooing over 45% from 2 and 3 point range, he has close to 2 steals in 26 minutes of action. he's running with ex-raptors Garbajosa, Moiso, and Palacio as well as Bargnani's contemporary, Maciej Lampe, who happens to be their leading scorer.
http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... erID=20040

Printezis is shooting around 65% for Olympiakos and you can see him on youtube, dunking alongside childress.
http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... erID=32915

i know there's probably a thread on both these guys but i looked for the "search" button for a while and just gave up. i just love the fact that we've got these guys developing with elite teams overseas.

there's no guarantee that either will be signed by BC but it's nice to know we've got dibs. i like their fit though because both have size, athleticism, all round ball skills, and both would further our pursuit of global interest in the team.

i, for one, think we'll see Giorgos with the team next season, if for no other reason that BC will again need cheap bodies to fill out the roster. Delfino will probably be brought back if our need demands it (AP and Joey and Moon's contracts are up after all) and finances allow (i have no idea what his contract is like). i like Delfino as AP's replacement and Printezis as Garbo's.

Now that's international -

Jose/Roko
Delfino/Kapono
Moon/Prentezis
Bosh/Andrea
JO/Jawai
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Delfino and Printesis 

Post#2 » by Kabookalu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:04 pm

I really liked Uros Slokar as well, do we still have his rights?
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#3 » by Live Free » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 pm

smh, are we allergic to defense?
chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by chsh22 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:57 pm

We have dibs on Delfino? He was a FA when he signed over there...
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#5 » by postup » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:00 pm

What about Brezec? Every team needs a clown.

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
08HEMI
Banned User

Post#6 » by 08HEMI » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Whats the point of adding anyone in a fraudulent league, I get more joy out of watching a evenly called high school game then I do the NBA/WWE
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#7 » by kplooksafterme » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm

08HEMI wrote:Whats the point of adding anyone in a fraudulent league, I get more joy out of watching a evenly called high school game then I do the NBA/WWE

Still stings eh? The sad part is it's been happening for years... There's too much emphasis on "earned calls" for veterans in the NBA. I wouldn't say it was a make Boston win scenario happening with the refs, but they definitely let Garnett dictate more than a couple calls.

As for OP, familiar with the phrase "treading water"? How about "polishing a turd"? Delfino is no improvement over Parker.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#8 » by Kabookalu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Having Delfino is better than not having a backup shooting guard. I doubt he's ever gonna come back though, he's making like $10 million I believe tax free.
MoPeteRules
Pro Prospect
And1: 54

Post#9 » by MoPeteRules » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:48 pm

just say no to Carlos Delfino..The Pistons didn't want him and neither should we.
Never seen Printesis play though..
Spragga - The greatest trick the Raptors ever pulled was convincing the world that Defense doesn't exist.
Jainomac
Junior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Jainomac » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Delfino is a UFA
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#11 » by s e n s i » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Wouldn't mind Chuckfino back. Someone who could actually finish on the break in the rare occasions we are in transition. Garbo would be really nice too. Printezis needs to be marinated a little longer.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#12 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:23 pm

We still do hold Delfino's rights.

I don't see Delfino coming back any time soon but Printezis is a possibility. He reminds me of Viktor Khryapa with a better jumper and he could be a useful player in the future.

Whats Printezis contract status like?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#13 » by Trilogy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Delfino is totally underrated, the guy shot a little too much, but he contributed in every area of the game. He just needs consistency. I take 10 times out of 10 over Jason "Slasher" Kapono.

I haven't seen Printezis play this year, but he did fairly well when I saw him last year. He's a 3/4 but plays mostly PF over there. His 1st step is surprisingly quick, though it's mostly on just line drive type of moves. Scrappy, sort of in the mold of a Ruben Patterson/Andrea Nocioni without the range on his shot.

For a 58th pick, the fact that he hasn't just totally flamed out, is good enough so far.
6th man
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#14 » by 6th man » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Delfino is really missed he was the only 2/3 that could create for himself or others
Before insulting someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. So when you do insult them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#15 » by Gold Chain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 pm

I liked Delfino a lot.

He had a swagger that would have fit right into the team vibe this year.

He could also play "D" and he made smart plays.

Whomever said it above is right, he is making a a ton tax-free in Europe and is not coming back.
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#16 » by Shak23 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:23 pm

We miss Delfino
Brezec = Euro Oakley
j3yuen
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#17 » by j3yuen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:05 pm

stop bitching
we blew a 16 pt lead
had the game gone back and forth the entire time, then yes you can bitch
but let's face it, we just fell apart like how charlotte fell apart against us
08HEMI
Banned User

Post#18 » by 08HEMI » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:08 pm

j3yuen wrote:stop bitching
we blew a 16 pt lead
had the game gone back and forth the entire time, then yes you can bitch
but let's face it, we just fell apart like how charlotte fell apart against us

In the final 4 minutes I agree we fell apart but the games are not all won in the final four minutes of play the other 44 minutes are just as important. All throughout the game and clearly in the third quarter the refs made a number of bad calls, reversed calls and ignored all the unsportsmanlike crap that was going down right infront them. If all that crap desn't happen I wager we cruise to a easy victory because they were out of the game and sleep walking, all that crap woke them up and woke up the crowd.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#19 » by [SJJ] » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm

postup wrote:What about Brezec? Every team needs a gangster.

fixed :D
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,928

Post#20 » by JN » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:51 pm

OK so we own Delfino's rights, and say he does want to come back to the NBA, and another team likes him.

What value does exchanging his rights have for the other team.. would he still not be a UFA?

I;m just confused where the value comes from. Bird Rights?

Return to Toronto Raptors