ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone know Moon's salary cap/FA standing for next year?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Anyone know Moon's salary cap/FA standing for next year? 

Post#1 » by YogiStewart » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Not sure how Moon affects the Raptors' salary cap next year.

first, is he restricted or an unrestricted FA? is UFA based on age or years of service?

second, if he's restricted, then I assume the Raptors can try to arrange a sign and trade for him? that would be in Moon's best interest and in the club's best interest as well, right?
steve_steamer
Junior
And1: 3

Re: Anyone know Moon's salary cap/FA standing for next year? 

Post#2 » by steve_steamer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 pm

he signed a 2 year deal, this being the second year, with no other options, he is an unrestricted free agent this summer, that is basically it...not too important at all..and not the kind of player that will benefit from a sign and trade nor us cause there is no way he will get an offer above the mid level exception...only thing is, if we do re-sign are we signing him for too much no matter wat? considering he gets 700+K now...and were trying to improve our wing position....wats he worth is the real question...i'd say...1-2 mill....
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#3 » by YogiStewart » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:28 pm

steve_steamer wrote:he signed a 2 year deal, this being the second year, with no other options, he is an unrestricted free agent this summer, that is basically it...not too important at all..and not the kind of player that will benefit from a sign and trade nor us cause there is no way he will get an offer above the mid level exception...only thing is, if we do re-sign are we signing him for too much no matter wat? considering he gets 700+K now...and were trying to improve our wing position....wats he worth is the real question...i'd say...1-2 mill....

what's he worth?
let's put it this way: i doubt he will be back with Toronto next year.

some team will sign him for $3mil/year for 2 or 3 years
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#4 » by isyed » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 pm

YogiStewart wrote:Not sure how Moon affects the Raptors' salary cap next year.

first, is he restricted or an unrestricted FA? is UFA based on age or years of service?

second, if he's restricted, then I assume the Raptors can try to arrange a sign and trade for him? that would be in Moon's best interest and in the club's best interest as well, right?

Moon will be considered as a restricted second round pick. Any team can offer him a max of what the MLE is for that year with max increases. Raptors can match that as they have his bird rights. Its the Gilbert Arenas Rule. I think a fair contract for him would be 3 year 10 mil deal. Or if he shows more consistency than a 5 year 15 mil deal. For what moon brings and at this stage of his career he would be solid for 3 million per her. His Per for a sf are very good. His improved shooting range and percentage mean he can play a similar role to a Bruce bowen without the lockdon man to man instead providing more help side assistance. He would be a perfect 7th man at 3 mil per year.
Mad Prophet
Veteran
And1: 725

Post#5 » by Mad Prophet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:03 am

He's a restricted free agent. We have his early bird rights.
steve_steamer
Junior
And1: 3

Post#6 » by steve_steamer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 am

is he even worth 3 million a year though? didnt know we could match any offers..anyways he's my rationale at why he is worth 1-2 mill,,first to judge his value compare to someone else, ala, matt barnes, recent free agent, and he got, 1.2 million this year to play for the suns, as a starting small forward, he is better then jamario in my opinion, they are both old, limited upside, inconsistent, blossomed late or w/e u want to say...so if at his age matt barnes cant get a mle, and jamario definately is not better, i just dont think we should pay more than what barnes got, and dont think he worth more either..if he was young and developing maybe, but smitch is going with other players a lot more this year already..
pk00
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by pk00 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:13 am

why don't we just sign and trade? That way we can get a lot more value out of him than if we traded him now. A lot of teams have their eyes on him...we can get a solid 3-5 mill player outta him.

Return to Toronto Raptors