ImageImageImageImageImage

Can We Get Damon Stoudamire Dirt Cheap?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Carlos Rogers
Banned User
And1: 0

Can We Get Damon Stoudamire Dirt Cheap? 

Post#1 » by Carlos Rogers » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:38 am

Are we so maxed out that we can't give him a minimum contract? Or is it just a Roster spot thing?

What if Jawai can't play do we get a medical exemption from the league?

What about moving Hassan Adams for a future Second Round Pick to create a roster spot? Or can we just buy him out since he only makes around $700,000 G's for the year

Will MLSE care about going over the Cap even if its just a tad over?

The Mighty Mouse can't be any worse then Roko and Will Solomon...
Quiet-Storm
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Re: Can We Get Damon Stoudamire Dirt Cheap? 

Post#2 » by Quiet-Storm » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 pm

I don't want Damon (Jones) anywhere near the team. Hes a worse idea than Belinelli.

Damon (Stoudamire) would be decent if he could play defense. Our trouble is not ball distribution and offense from the PG's. Its crappy defense.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User

Post#3 » by Carlos Rogers » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Quiet-Storm wrote:I don't want Damon anywhere near the team. Hes a worse idea than Belinelli

Damon Stoudamire > Solomon > Ukic > You > Belinelli
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,671

Post#4 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 pm

The answer is no. Anyone the Raps sign will put them over the luxury tax and cost them about 5-6 million in total $.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User

Post#5 » by Carlos Rogers » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:The answer is no. Anyone the Raps sign will put them over the luxury tax and cost them about 5-6 million in total $.

Really? So if we sign any backup PG for the minimum we have to pay $5-6 Mill in Luxury Tax?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,671

Post#6 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:The answer is no. Anyone the Raps sign will put them over the luxury tax and cost them about 5-6 million in total $.

Really? So if we sign any backup PG for the minimum we have to pay $5-6 Mill in Luxury Tax?

The Raps would lose out on the luxury tax payment of about 4 million, and have to pay about a million into it.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,127

Post#7 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 pm

If Raps go over (and we're only $1,000 below the threshold right now) , then MLSE loses $5 mill on redistribution of the luxury tax that other teams (e.g. Knicks, Mavs, Lakers) have to pay.
Quiet-Storm
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#8 » by Quiet-Storm » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:
Quiet-Storm wrote:I don't want Damon anywhere near the team. Hes a worse idea than Belinelli

Complete brain-fart on my part. Just saw the "Damon" part and immediately thought you were talking about Damon Jones who people have been bring up all last night because Damon said he wants to come to Toronto.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User

Post#9 » by Carlos Rogers » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Quiet-Storm wrote:
Carlos Rogers wrote:

Complete brain-fart on my part. Just saw the "Damon" part and immediately thought you were talking about Damon Jones who people have been bring up all last night because Damon said he wants to come to Toronto.

Apology accepted :beer:
08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by 08HEMI » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 pm

If jsoe is out for any long period of time Stoudamire would be my choice based on whats available
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#11 » by Gold Chain » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I would take the mouse back for the vet min. for sure.

He would add some morale and add to our small heritage and history.

I like that idea, but I have limited understanding of the cap and understand that going over the tax line for a veteran point guard may be a hard sell to the MLSE board.

Return to Toronto Raptors