ImageImageImageImageImage

Nathan Jawai may get green light this weekend

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

RiceItUp
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Nathan Jawai may get green light this weekend 

Post#41 » by RiceItUp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 am

Yeah lets go baby shaq!!!! theres gonna be a showdown between KG and Jawai!!
and also now im thinking... since KG gets away with every damn illegal screens and taunting foul, i say someone learn how to flop like raja bell and bruce bowen to counter that ****. Seriously to this day I am so pissed off about the whole thing. the charging call being overturned and what not
Sikandar
Junior
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Sikandar » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:13 am

The most I've seen of Jawai is him jumping off his seat when seeing a nice Raptors play and roaring in approval. It's clear to see that he's dying to get onto the court and show what he can do, so it's unfair to say anything about him until we see him play a few games. Right now it doesn't seem like the Raptors can blow anyone out but I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later and hopefully Jawai is fit enough to take the court.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#43 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:49 pm

I hope he can play the wing spot, since we can use some help there...
Mad Prophet
Veteran
And1: 727

Post#44 » by Mad Prophet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 pm

From Doug's blog

Q: Doug; I usually only write you when I disagree with something you have wrote. Lately I have agreed, especially concerning Mitchell and his tactics versus Boston. Anyways, this topic is going nowhere on Realgm.com fo.rums and it needs to be addressed everyone is taking a hush-hush approach and it is sickening. I pay for Raptor tickets and for Raptor games, I am a Raptors fan, we pay salaries, we must know, what exactly is going on with Nathan Jawai. It has been way WAY too long! "They are waiting on test results and having more tests done" is not an answer...
Sorry that this comes across as a "rant"
Can you help please.

Steve M, Toronto

A: Rant? Nah.

Here’s what I know about Nathan, from talking to people who are reluctant to talk on the record because of medical privacy issues, which is an entirely understandable stance.

The doctors, and not just the team doctors, want him to have a prolonged period of inactivity so they can see if that makes any difference to the cardiac “issue” that came up and so they can establish something of a baseline.

That period of inactivity is not yet over so it indeed true that they are waiting for test results. Sorry if that doesn’t satisfy you or anyone else but there no news.

When there is, we’ll let you know. Believe me.

As an aside, I can barely understand the over-the-top concern(not from you, but from many) for a guy who was destined to spend almost the entire season on the inactive list trying to learn the NBA.

RaptorsNut
Junior

Post#45 » by RaptorsNut » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:32 pm

PeterJ wrote:I hope he can play the wing spot, since we can use some help there...

He definatly can not. He's a center and only a center. Maybe power forward, but even that could be pushing it.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#46 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:43 pm

RaptorsNut wrote:
PeterJ wrote:I hope he can play the wing spot, since we can use some help there...

He definatly can not. He's a center and only a center. Maybe power forward, but even that could be pushing it.

I think PeterJ was just joking...
RaptorsNut
Junior

Post#47 » by RaptorsNut » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:44 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
RaptorsNut wrote:

I think PeterJ was just joking...

Ya I wasn't sure, no green font so no joke.

Return to Toronto Raptors