ImageImageImageImageImage

Update: Calderon's injury not as serious as first thought

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Update: Calderon's injury not as serious as first thought 

Post#21 » by 08HEMI » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:
08HEMI wrote:
How does tape on your fingers stop your elbow from flying open? Wether what you say is true or not he did start wearing it when he got injured, not before. From there for some odd reason he was shooting better with it so he has stuck with it ever since, atleast thats what I think.

So you're trying to insist that it's a superstition that has made him shoot better? I don't know how that even makes sense. That odd reason he is shooting better is because it's helping him. I'll lay down cash on this.

Not really but he started taping his fingers when he got injured not before. I would'nt say supersition either maybe just that he shot better with them taped so he stuck with what was working and felt comfortable. You could be right to but im pretty sure he only started it because of injury if it was for other reasons he would fo done it before, no?
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#22 » by s e n s i » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:52 am

08HEMI wrote:
chocolateSens1 wrote:
08HEMI wrote:
How does tape on your fingers stop your elbow from flying open? Wether what you say is true or not he did start wearing it when he got injured, not before. From there for some odd reason he was shooting better with it so he has stuck with it ever since, atleast thats what I think.

So you're trying to insist that it's a superstition that has made him shoot better? I don't know how that even makes sense. That odd reason he is shooting better is because it's helping him. I'll lay down cash on this.

Not really but he started taping his fingers when he got injured not before. I would'nt say supersition either maybe just that he shot better with them taped so he stuck with what was working and felt comfortable. You could be right to but im pretty sure he only started it because of injury if it was for other reasons he would fo done it before, no?

That's why I believe it was Hopla who suggested taping the fingers together. I'm 99% sure that I've read something posted on RGM that it's taped to help his shot. It was one of Supersub or Shaazz that created the thread. I'm gonna find it..
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Silent Striker
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Silent Striker » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:That's why I believe it was Hopla who suggested taping the fingers together. I'm 99% sure that I've read something posted on RGM that it's taped to help his shot. It was one of Supersub or Shaazz that created the thread. I'm gonna find it..

So Hopla told Jose to tape up his fingers a year before before he dislocated his finger? You do realize Hopla left Toronto to be part of Washington's coaching staff last year, right?
CrownJ
Senior
And1: 32

Post#24 » by CrownJ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am

burn1down wrote:
Buyaka wrote:Let this serve as a warning signal to Smitch to reduce PT of Jose and Bosh.

OR,

minor injuries like this early in the season could be a good opportunity for our young guys developing.

Yeah, that might be true and it will be great to see guys like Joey, Hump, and Andrea become better but it won't be a win now season
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#25 » by s e n s i » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:10 am

Silent Striker wrote:
chocolateSens1 wrote:That's why I believe it was Hopla who suggested taping the fingers together. I'm 99% sure that I've read something posted on RGM that it's taped to help his shot. It was one of Supersub or Shaazz that created the thread. I'm gonna find it..

So Hopla told Jose to tape up his fingers a year before before he dislocated his finger? You do realize Hopla left Toronto to be part of Washington's coaching staff last year, right?

Realized. It was an assumption that it was Hopla's idea, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure through that Jose wears it to keep his left elbow from flying open.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
And1Viper
Junior
And1: 1

Post#26 » by And1Viper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:02 am

And the Raptors Nation collectively sighs from relief... great news.
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#27 » by Jay240 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 am

About the tape on Jose's finger. I think I heard someone say that its sort of like a peace-of-mind thing. He doesn't have to worry about it getting hurt so he plays more confidently. Also same thing with Bosh's knee brace, he knows its there to support him so he can be more aggresive on his leg.
Shammgod_
Pro Prospect
And1: 768

Post#28 » by Shammgod_ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:26 am

uhh i never really thought it was serious.

for one he returned to the game and only left again as precaution. two it was just a strained hamstring, that happens on the regular to active people.

3rd, for that kind of injury, we had 4 + days off to rest in between. i didn't expect him to a miss a game, and if he does, thats a surprise to me.
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#29 » by Hypz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 am

Thanks for the numerous answers! :D
vinzanity
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by vinzanity » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 am

Buyaka wrote:Let this serve as a warning signal to Smitch to reduce PT of Jose and Bosh.

Yeah and I wouldn't mind O'Neal taking some of CB's minutes. JO should be on the floor 30-34 minutes/game imo.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,790

Post#31 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:37 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:
Silent Striker wrote:

Realized. It was an assumption that it was Hopla's idea, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure through that Jose wears it to keep his left elbow from flying open.

You're thinking of the elastic band Hopla suggested Jose use in practice to hold his elbow into his side while shooting, I believe. Obviously taping his fingers together does nothing for his elbow position.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#32 » by MjM2xTreMe » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 am

On Eric Smith's blog at raptors.com says he is listed day to day. But when on about a possibility of Solomon facing Orlando/Miami PG on tuesday/wedneday respectively.

Return to Toronto Raptors