ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Condi Rice
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#41 » by Condi Rice » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:31 am

halfcourt
Banned User

Post#42 » by halfcourt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:33 am

nice to know BC is only willing to give up scrubs for Wallace, he's incredibly overrated. I'm open to Marbury because although he's never been really bright he's not a malicious cancer
cbosh4mvp
Suspended
And1: 805

Post#43 » by cbosh4mvp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:35 am

Man Wallace/Filler for Roko/Hump/Kapono

Even Bargs for Wallace. DONE i would do it.
Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Projection- 57-25
Credits to TurboZone--- TurboZone.Com
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#44 » by _Mantofini_ » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:37 am

COY0607 wrote:
nizaam wrote:
Parasight wrote:
I never considered Marbury to be a bad guy. He's a little flamboyant and overly-expressive. But he's no cancer. The guy is the face of a brand that purposely sells affordable basketball shoes for kids who can't afford to buy Jordan's. I always liked Marbury, as a person and even as a player in his Phoenix years. I do have to question though, if we sign him wouldn't that put us in the tax? I wouldn't sign him if that's the price we have to pay.

He refused to play in a game! thats not a character guy to me.

D'antoni claimed he refused to play, but Marbury said they never had that conversation.
I dont think hes a great character guy either, but he a great talent, and this team needs that at the guard position right now. also i think he can be kept in control by guys like bosh/oneal

I'd refuse to play in his situation too. The guy apparently works out all summer and comes in ready to go for his new coach. He then gets told that he's not in the team's future plans and won't be playing. The Knicks know that nobody will take him off their hands at $20 mil so they're hoping to piss him off enough to take a buyout so they're not on the hook for as much money. Remember, since they're over the cap, every mil they get off is actually 2 mil saved.

So then the Knicks go and trade a bunch of guys at once in one weekend. Unfortunately that leaves them with only 7 players + Marbury for one game. So the story is D'Antoni goes up to him and says "I've got aboug 30 to 35 minutes for you tonight if you're interested." D'Antoni says Marbury says no, Starbury says it doesn't happen. Even if it did happen, Marbury was right to say no. They weren't planning on letting him play after that at all. The only reason he was offered the minutes was because they pulled the trigger on a bunch of trades and were desperate.

You gotta factor in the guy's frame of mind. The Knicks were a bad situation and he's been made into the scapegoat. He wants to keep playing and wants another contract. That means he knows he has something to prove. If he finally gets over this battle with Walsh/D'Antoni, I think he'll be a good player.

Besides, with the quality of our bench, Marbury would be the perfect 6th man. Let him come in and dominate the offense.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#45 » by 5DOM » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 am

Moving on to Smitch... I know many of you were probably wondering what the meeting between BC and Smitch was all about, I really wish I could tell you but my source begged me not to leak info. but a clue wont hurt right?.... All i have to say is pay real close attention to the up coming games, especially tomorrows game. I will try my best to update you guys as much as I can!!

!!!!!!
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,600

Post#46 » by C_Money » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:48 am

Marbury is not as bad as people make him out to be. As somebody mentioned, he's selling his shoes for dirt cheap so poor people can buy them. If we were to get him for the minimum I think we'd be going to the eastern conference finals if JO's knee hold up.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#47 » by kingr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:50 am

Hey regarding OP, I'd also like to know if the trade with charlotte is still on the balance? I HOPE SO!
WingPlaya
Sophomore

Post#48 » by WingPlaya » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:50 am

Quick Wiki on him says "He has been named to The Sporting News list of "Good Guys in Sports" three times."
And he also is trying to get those shoes to every highschool inner city basketball player for free.

Sounds like a real bad ass.
we should sign AI so we can have a rapping raptor
Condi Rice
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by Condi Rice » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 am

WingPlaya wrote:Quick Wiki on him says "He has been named to The Sporting News list of "Good Guys in Sports" three times."
And he also is trying to get those shoes to every highschool inner city basketball player for free.

Sounds like a real bad ass.

It would be a circus with him on the team... the potential for drama and disaster is so great...

I want to see Smitch and him go at it, it would make this season a lot more interesting.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#50 » by Hendrix » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:58 am

just out of curiosity, are you the guy that started teh thread about Smitch being fired a few days ago?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#52 » by COY0607 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:05 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:I don't believe anything this OP posts. He's the same guy who made a thread telling everyone that a trade would happen the next day, and not to question him about it. And then he made a thread the other day saying that Smitch was getting fired. Just my opinion/perspective.

Seems to me every few weeks someone comes in say they have an "inside source" who has told him something is coming up. How would anyone know about the closed door meeting outside BC, Smitch, or maybe Maurizio Gherardini. Same with the trade, only a handful of people would know about it, its not like everyone working in ACC knows about everything going on in the President's office.

But for the sake of change, i do hope something happens in the next few day.
Mufasa
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Mufasa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 am

Kapono + Hump for Wallace is UBER rape by us. Are you kidding me? Is MJ (Please Use More Appropriate Word)? I mean Kapono's deal doesn't even run out before 2010.
Mufasa
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by Mufasa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:08 am

And I want Starbury! zomg!
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,324

Post#55 » by TOStateofMind » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:10 am

Marbury is better than solomon and ukic still so get er done bc!
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#56 » by Buyaka » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:17 am

I think Marbury for a minimum is a low risk - high value type of deal and I've always been in favour of such a deal. As for Wallace, I am not sure he is what we need. He is not the wing who is able to create and take over a game in the 4th Q. However, if he comes followed by Marbury, then this can work. Hopefully, not for Bargnani though.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by _Mantofini_ » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:17 am

Mufasa wrote:Kapono + Hump for Wallace is UBER rape by us. Are you kidding me? Is MJ (Please Use More Appropriate Word)? I mean Kapono's deal doesn't even run out before 2010.

Judging by the state of their team right now, I'd say yes. Drafting Morrison 3rd overall didn't help matters in any way either. And I don't think it's as much of rape by us as you think it is. They are desperately craving a big man of any kind. Hump, if he could keep his shooting in check, would be of huge help to them. Okefor has a horrible shooting percentage lately and they have nobody else to play the 5. Right now Larry Brown plays Augustin and Felton together in the back court and needs them to score for the team to win. A guy like Hump getting rebounds and sending them out to the guards for 2nd chances would definitely help that team out.

Obviously with Caroll and Morrison, Kapono is absolutely useless. However, I think their back court is a little more creative than ours and maybe the increased 3pt shooting percentage would translate into an increase in average points scored and help them win a few games.

Plus, Bargs for Wallace would be UBER rape for them.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,554

Post#58 » by s e n s i » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 am

COY0607 wrote:
chocolateSens1 wrote:I don't believe anything this OP posts. He's the same guy who made a thread telling everyone that a trade would happen the next day, and not to question him about it. And then he made a thread the other day saying that Smitch was getting fired. Just my opinion/perspective.

Seems to me every few weeks someone comes in say they have an "inside source" who has told him something is coming up. How would anyone know about the closed door meeting outside BC, Smitch, or maybe Maurizio Gherardini. Same with the trade, only a handful of people would know about it, its not like everyone working in ACC knows about everything going on in the President's office.

But for the sake of change, i do hope something happens in the next few day.

That's what I'm saying. I don't even think players would know what BC and Sam spoke about. I never intend to be a killjoy, and for my sanity I'd also welcome some change, but I'm just not going to believe this guy until something happens. I call BS, until a mod or the OP explains the legitimacy of this so called 'source'.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
raptorgenius7
Sophomore

Post#59 » by raptorgenius7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:36 am

Hey let me just get a couple things straight, I despise people who come on this board and make up crap. I'm not the type to do so, all I'm doing is sharing "inside" information from what I've been told... if the information doesnt come to reality, am i to be blamed? Im just telling you guys what I've been told i have no control if it falls through or not. I did post a thread couple days ago about sam mitchell being fired because an insider had told me that an eastern conference coach will be fired the next morning and he said he was pretty sure it was sam, but it turned out to be eddie jordan. And yes this is the same inside source who told me about the TJ ford for JO trade and Bonner for Rasho waay before it happen. So guys, Im not here to tease anyone, i've been around realgm for years and admire the passion that you guys have for the raptors as I am a die hard raptors fan myself, all I'm doing is trying my best to keep everyone updated about who we love the most, the toronto Raptors. And guys I will answer any questions you guys have but I must keep it brief, I cant give out too many info. And for the people who wanna see sam mitchell out of town, just pray to god we lose tomorrow against the Bobcats.
onions17
Starter
And1: 637

Post#60 » by onions17 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:47 am

raptorgenius- i can only speak for myself, but any info you decide to post is appreciated. obviously not every rumour is going to end up happening, that's why they're called rumours.
Q00 wrote:When scoring over 100 pts and giving up under 100 pts, they are 11-0

Clearly defense is the difference between winning and losing for this team.

Return to Toronto Raptors