ImageImageImageImageImage

BARGNANI IS THE BEST!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WD-40
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Is the time ready for Bustnani? 

Post#21 » by WD-40 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:You gain nothing by giving up on him so soon, unless somebody knocks your socks of with an amazing deal, you ride the train to wherever it leads.

Interesting. So in your estimation, did Washington screw up by trading Kwame Brown to L.A. for Caron Butler? Should they have rode that train a little while longer?

Do you honestly think BC would say no to a trade like that? I don't. I just don't imagine any good offers for Bargs. Hope I'm wrong.
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#22 » by gei » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 pm

When you consider the other players that were taken below him (ie brandon roy, LMA, etc), bargnani is a DEFINITE bust. The question is whether he can be made into a solid bench player or not.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#23 » by Rhettmatic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:You gain nothing by giving up on him so soon, unless somebody knocks your socks of with an amazing deal, you ride the train to wherever it leads.

Interesting. So in your estimation, did Washington screw up by trading Kwame Brown to L.A. for Caron Butler? Should they have rode that train a little while longer?

Do you honestly think BC would say no to a trade like that? I don't. I just don't imagine any good offers for Bargs. Hope I'm wrong.

It's a valid question. But right now I think Colangelo's decision-making is compromised where Bargs is concerned.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#24 » by WD-40 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:[
It's a valid question. But right now I think Colangelo's decision-making is compromised where Bargs is concerned.

There's no doubt it is. But I'd like to think his pride over-rides his sentimentality.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#25 » by McFurious1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:54 am

JO_CB_FTW
Junior

Post#26 » by JO_CB_FTW » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 am

Hes been a bust since the begining
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#27 » by trick » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 am

whew, for a minute there i thought hell was frozen over throwing the universe into a frenzy. raptors realgm forum is never the same unless there's a thread regarding bargnani compared with kwame/darko/olowokandi/lawn chair/bag of crap/etc.

thank you OP, thank you for keeping the universe in check.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#28 » by v1n5anity » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 am

too much time already wasted on this guy. Even Sam (with BC's orders) started him, gave him every chance but here we are. He still doesn't play like a 1st pick. either trade him for future draft picks or waive him I don't care. Just get rid of him. I like how we play with Jake coming off the bench. He's a veteran big man who's not soft.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#29 » by Clutch Carter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 am

Rhettmatic wrote:

That would fall under the "knocks your socks off with an amazing deal" section if you believed Caron was the real deal.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#30 » by vinsanity09 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am

J-Roc wrote:Unlike Darko and Kwame, Andrea may not have hit his ceiling. He completely changed up his game this past summer and he may very well improve it again this next offseason.

I say he's not a bust yet because he hasn't yet figured out his role in the NBA. Shooting PF or tough C. Either way, he won't work out in the same lineup as CB.
Exactly, he will never amount to anything if he stays with CB4.
W.I.C
Junior

Post#31 » by W.I.C » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 am

EDIT - Posted in wrong topic :(
raptor21_85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#32 » by raptor21_85 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:27 am

I believe he could be good, not in this team, though, raptors have no room for him, he needs a fresh start, where he doesn't play under pressure of being the number one of the draft. It's easy to you guys to critique but maybe for him, it's difficult to play under pressure of the fans, of the media.
Vincecarder
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#33 » by Vincecarder » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:32 am

Yep....he's a bust....I'm a fan still but he has to go. Tonight was the last straw for me. When he was on the floor it was like the Clips were on the power play. Absolute garbage. And to think I have his rookie game worn shoes in a display case....should toss them in the Good Will Bin the way this guy has been playin...
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 565

Post#34 » by elmer_yuck » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:06 am

Just got back from the game.
Bargnani struggled against Brian Skinner, Paul Davis and DeAndre Jordan.
He was absolutely awful out there. No positive effect on the game in any way.
He just plain sucks.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,508

Post#35 » by Harry Palmer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 am

J-Roc wrote:Unlike Darko and Kwame, Andrea may not have hit his ceiling. He completely changed up his game this past summer and he may very well improve it again this next offseason.

:o
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#36 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:19 am

raptor21_85 wrote:I believe he could be good, not in this team, though, raptors have no room for him, he needs a fresh start, where he doesn't play under pressure of being the number one of the draft. It's easy to you guys to critique but maybe for him, it's difficult to play under pressure of the fans, of the media.

You mean the pressure of not hearing any boos at the ACC until recently (sparse boos at that), of being afforded every excuse in the book by management and the media (except Bob McCowan who I doubt Bargs ever understood) where any other truly talented player would have succeeded because he had nothing to lose because the "project "label was conveniantly affixed to him early on after it was apparent he wasn't prepared. Or the pressure of being awarded playing time simply based on draft rank rather than merit. If that's the pressure you're talking about then give me that kind of pressure anytime to succeed in the workforce.
crapnomore
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#37 » by crapnomore » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 am

I really think the the only option left with bargnani is to bring in a sports psychologist. No matter how much he bulks up, no matter how clear his sinuses are, he's gotta be able to keep his composure and still be in the game when his first few shots don't fall and the refs don't give him a call.
i just don't get it. what happened in europe? did he never experience a bad game in his life before? how did he get this far?

it's sad that this is what it's come to:

SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST FTW
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#38 » by Joga_Bonito » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:42 am

crapnomore wrote:I really think the the only option left with bargnani is to bring in a sports psychologist. No matter how much he bulks up, no matter how clear his sinuses are, he's gotta be able to keep his composure and still be in the game when his first few shots don't fall and the refs don't give him a call.
i just don't get it. what happened in europe? did he never experience a bad game in his life before? how did he get this far?

it's sad that this is what it's come to:

SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST FTW

That's what I want to be, a sports psychologist.

But I think it's more than mental right now. I think he doesn't have good awareness and doesn't have a good feel for the game. He needs to improve in almost every aspect of his game which is bad.
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#39 » by Shak23 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:51 am

Yeah but he's Italian ..............
Brezec = Euro Oakley
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#40 » by kingr » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:14 am

Vincecarder wrote:Yep....he's a bust....I'm a fan still but he has to go. Tonight was the last straw for me. When he was on the floor it was like the Clips were on the power play. Absolute garbage. And to think I have his rookie game worn shoes in a display case....should toss them in the Good Will Bin the way this guy has been playin...

LMAO @ that.
I actually laughed hard when I read this. :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors