ImageImageImageImageImage

Colangelo: Nothing before closer to Feb. 19

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Colangelo: Nothing before closer to Feb. 19 

Post#1 » by supersub15 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 am

read more here

Frustrated by a losing streak that has reached six games, a record 11 games under .500 and with a roster plagued by injuries, Colangelo said he's discussed a number of trade possibilities to shake things up, but added he didn't expect anything substantive to happen much before the Feb. 19 NBA trade deadline.

These are the games preceding February 19:
Wed, Jan 21 @ Detroit
Fri, Jan 23 @ Chicago
Sun, Jan 25 Sacramento
Wed, Jan 28 @ New Jersey
Fri, Jan 30 Milwaukee
Sun, Feb 1 Orlando
Tue, Feb 3 @ Cleveland
Wed, Feb 4 LA Lakers
Fri, Feb 6 @ New Orleans
Sat, Feb 7 @ Memphis
Tue, Feb 10 @ Minnesota
Wed, Feb 11 San Antonio
Wed, Feb 18 Cleveland

Even with a little bit of luck, I can't see more than 5 wins: 21-35. Game over.

I like it, because we can then concentrate on retooling for next season and playing the kids. Maybe get a couple of kids from the D-League to give them a run, like Hendrix and Sims.
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: Colangelo: Nothing before closer to Feb. 19 

Post#2 » by boshjonesford » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 am

i like the fact that he said a number of trade number of trade possiblites..... the more moves the better i hope he changes everything, and he shouldnt be afraid to trade bargnani if there is a good offer on the table, i kind of find him to be a chucker, which is something i dont like in Centers.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#3 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am

Hopefully this means Riley denied the Marion trade.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,564

Post#4 » by Brinbe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 am

Make sense since it would be wiser to string teams along and raise the stakes, but if we're in a deeper hole by that point it'll be interesting to see what type of trade mentality BC would have in mind. I sincerely hope he doesn't go for any quick-fixes.
boshjonesford
Banned User

Post#5 » by boshjonesford » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 am

we still have to watch this roster for one more month

i predict 2-13 for the remaining games till the 19th
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#6 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:49 am

And nobody better be untouchable, either.
Funky D
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Funky D » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:49 am

Perhaps he realizes this season is done and plans to blow it up by making several moves to dump salaries - someone suggested trading for Marbury and then waiving him to have the cap space next season.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#8 » by Southward1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 am

Wed, Jan 21 @ Detroit-L
Fri, Jan 23 @ Chicago-L
Sun, Jan 25 Sacramento-W
Wed, Jan 28 @ New Jersey-L
Fri, Jan 30 Milwaukee-W
Sun, Feb 1 Orlando-L
Tue, Feb 3 @ Cleveland-L
Wed, Feb 4 LA Lakers-L
Fri, Feb 6 @ New Orleans-L
Sat, Feb 7 @ Memphis-W
Tue, Feb 10 @ Minnesota-W (Maybe)
Wed, Feb 11 San Antonio-L
Wed, Feb 18 Cleveland-L

So 5 wins was a bit optimistic. I wonder how BC sells his team during the trade deadline press conference. This is a pretty much a complete failure. But like supersub said, just focus on the young talent. It's time for Roko/Jawai/Bargs to get a lot of playing time and touches. This year is over. Focus on next year, because it should be a lot better, especially with teams making moves for the 2010 off-season.

Offer parker and Moon in a package and ask for an extra first round pick. I'm sure some team would give up a late first round pick for those 2.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#9 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:53 am

This draft is pretty bad and we'll probably get 32-35 wins so any serviceable player we draft will be a fluke. If BC can't get rid of JO by the deadline then we're stuck with him until the deadline of 2010. No team with anything worth trading for will have any reason to trade for JO in the summer.

This is gonna be a long painful wait until the 2010-11 season because I don't see how next season is gonna be any better.

Jesus Christ BC has really made a mess of this team. How long is this clown's contract anyways?
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Post#10 » by rapluva » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:55 am

*****Yawn********
boshjonesford
Banned User

Post#11 » by boshjonesford » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:55 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:And nobody better be untouchable, either.

Do you think BC is considering trading bosh?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#12 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 am

BTW, if Jose comes back they'll start doing better in these close games.

Still, this season is, for all intents and purposes, over.
boshjonesford
Banned User

Post#13 » by boshjonesford » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 am

Southward1 wrote:Wed, Jan 21 @ Detroit-L
Fri, Jan 23 @ Chicago-L
Sun, Jan 25 Sacramento-W
Fri, Jan 30 Milwaukee-W
Sun, Feb 1 Orlando-L
Tue, Feb 3 @ Cleveland-L
Wed, Feb 4 LA Lakers-L
Sat, Feb 7 @ Memphis-W
Wed, Feb 18 Cleveland-L

So 5 wins was a bit optimistic. I wonder how BC sells his team during the trade deadline press conference. This is a pretty much a complete failure. But like supersub said, just focus on the young talent. It's time for Roko/Jawai/Bargs to get a lot of playing time and touches. This year is over. Focus on next year, because it should be a lot better, especially with teams making moves for the 2010 off-season.

Offer parker and Moon in a package and ask for an extra first round pick. I'm sure some team would give up a late first round pick for those 2.

i have a feeling we are gonna lose to Sacramento cause of their wings - remember Kevin Martin is back + salmons could really hurt us.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#14 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:BTW, if Jose comes back they'll start doing better in these close games.

Still, this season is, for all intents and purposes, over.

This season isn't over but I really have no desire to sneak into the 8th seed which is only 3.5 games back and get embarassed by the Celts or Cavs. Would be more painful than watching them struggle to get 30 wins.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#15 » by Phenomenologist » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:02 am

boshjonesford wrote:i like the fact that he said a number of trade number of trade possiblites..... the more moves the better i hope he changes everything, and he shouldnt be afraid to trade bargnani if there is a good offer on the table, i kind of find him to be a chucker, which is something i dont like in Centers.

I love that after a couple of bad shooting games, Bargnani has suddenly been branded a "chucker". His TS% during this stretch is still nearly 63%, and roughly 56% for the season. Remember, he shoots 3's at over 40% and FTs at over 85%. His FG% will never be great, but that doesn't mean he's inefficient. Sheesh.
ballercb4
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#16 » by ballercb4 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 am

Southward1 wrote:Wed, Jan 21 @ Detroit-L
Fri, Jan 23 @ Chicago-L
Sun, Jan 25 Sacramento-W
Fri, Jan 30 Milwaukee-W
Sun, Feb 1 Orlando-L
Tue, Feb 3 @ Cleveland-L
Wed, Feb 4 LA Lakers-L
Sat, Feb 7 @ Memphis-W
Wed, Feb 18 Cleveland-L

LOL 5 wins omg... :lol:
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#17 » by Lockdown » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 am

Agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm guessing this means the tank lever has been pulled.

Doh.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#18 » by dagger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:This draft is pretty bad and we'll probably get 32-35 wins so any serviceable player we draft will be a fluke. If BC can't get rid of JO by the deadline then we're stuck with him until the deadline of 2010. No team with anything worth trading for will have any reason to trade for JO in the summer.

This is gonna be a long painful wait until the 2010-11 season because I don't see how next season is gonna be any better.

Jesus Christ BC has really made a mess of this team. How long is this clown's contract anyways?

The way things stand, we won't get to 32 wins, and once the ASG is behind us, you can bet that the "
injuries" will mount up and we won't get more than 25 wins. If BC considers trading Bosh, then this draft gets more interesting because there are some good power forwards like Griffen and Malone.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#19 » by underdog33 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 am

Im thinking riley is asking JO to prove himself. I'm not a fan of the trade anyway so hopefully it doesnt go through
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#20 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:06 am

wow if he leaves it till the deadline im done with this team. if there isnt a deal within the week ill sell my laker tickets im sick of this team. He waits for way to long before nothing can be done, hes going to drive bosh out of town. He should have addressed it back then when harrington was available but no he waited. Hes waiting again and its leaving this team out to dry. If he waits they will not make the playoffs a deal better be done tomorrow. If it isnt BC has made a mess of this team and its his JOB to fix it. If he doesnt why shouldnt he be fired, mitchell was for "under utilizing" the roster when he had no talent. Changing the coach did jack **** BC. Make the marion trade and give this team a fighting chance for us to not only make the playoffs but keep bosh.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks

Return to Toronto Raptors