ImageImageImageImageImage

Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Re: Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh 

Post#201 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Thu May 7, 2009 4:24 am

Beasley's efficiency will improve pretty quickly once his 3pt shooting gets up. He shot the 3 very well in college IIRC so give him the summer to get used to the NBA 3 pt line (recall that Durant had a bad 1st year shooting the 3).

The thing is, I really really question Beasley's motor. At least with a guy like say a Josh Smith you know that you have a knucklehead, but he's going to play like an animal. Beasley just comes across as lifeless, esp on the defensive end.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#202 » by bballsparkin » Thu May 7, 2009 5:37 am

Love how Heat fans come here trying to pry Bosh with a tweener named Beasley.

"Beasley is going to be great! We just don't have the time to wait for him. So we will do you a favour and take Bosh off your hands and give you this future HOF. He is on his rookie salary and is such a better deal than Bosh is."

Please. I could deal with Beasley, but he's pretty low on my preferred list.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,747

Post#203 » by Fairview4Life » Thu May 7, 2009 12:55 pm

J-Roc wrote:Instead of bluffing, Riley should have just went after Brad Miller and John Salmons.

There are two teams in any trade. Sacramento wanted Nocioni, and to get rid of salary next season. They weren't taking on 13 million extra from JO's contract over Nocioni's next year and the Raps didn't have Nocioni to trade to them.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#204 » by J-Roc » Thu May 7, 2009 12:57 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Instead of bluffing, Riley should have just went after Brad Miller and John Salmons.

There are two teams in any trade. Sacramento wanted Nocioni, and to get rid of salary next season. They weren't taking on 13 million extra from JO's contract over Nocioni's next year and the Raps didn't have Nocioni to trade to them.

I was thinking Miami should have went after Miller to be their centre. And could they have worked out something like Marion + ?? for Miller and Salmons?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,747

Post#205 » by Fairview4Life » Thu May 7, 2009 1:34 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

I was thinking Miami should have went after Miller to be their centre. And could they have worked out something like Marion + ?? for Miller and Salmons?

I read BC instead of Riley in your post.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#206 » by Gold Chain » Thu May 7, 2009 1:42 pm

All I know is that I am avidly cheering for a complete season series sweep of the Miami Heat next year.
I cheered for the Hawks and they did their job.
I want to see JO lose, nice guy, but his conditioning/injuries/contract/ was the #1 reason the season went sour in my eyes and I want to see Bargs run circles around those old knees.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#207 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu May 7, 2009 1:48 pm

I didnt read all 14 pages - but did anyone mention that Wade and Bosh have the same agent????

So Bosh to Miami is not out of the question.

If Bosh demands to go there, BC would have option of losing him for nothing or losing him for Beasley. Beasley for Bosh is a trade BC would not do in normal circumstances, but circumstances would not be normal.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#208 » by timdunkit » Thu May 7, 2009 2:19 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:I didnt read all 14 pages - but did anyone mention that Wade and Bosh have the same agent????

So Bosh to Miami is not out of the question.

If Bosh demands to go there, BC would have option of losing him for nothing or losing him for Beasley. Beasley for Bosh is a trade BC would not do in normal circumstances, but circumstances would not be normal.

There are many places that could appeal to Bosh ... even if Bosh wanted out, I don't think he would handcuff BC and demand to go to one certain place ... You have teams with a big market in NY/Chicago, you have Lebron/Wade teams, you have the 3 texas teams where home is at, you have OKC which isn't that far from home either and you have Washington which is where his daughter resides? ... BC is a good player GM, he will send players where they like or make sense to them (i.e. JO to Miami) ...
okiejoad
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#209 » by okiejoad » Thu May 7, 2009 2:38 pm

I absolutely get what Raps fans are saying about a Beasley-Bosh swap.
Seems like they're getting hosed.
But I'm a Miami guy and while I would love to see Bosh suit up next to Dwyane Wade, there is something to be said about keeping Beasley. He's a solid scorer already, is slowly learning defensive rotations and has become a fierce rebounder by season's end.
Plus he's on a rookie scale contract.
Which leaves Miami with a damn fine young player to go with a boatload of cap space -- among the most in the NBA -- come 2010.
Look, I'd be all over Raps fans if they were suggesting we trade Wade for a prospect. But to disparage Beasley is bogus. Kid can play. He's better than Bargs already. He freaking destroyed Blake Griffin when both were freshmen (and Griffin is about the same size as Beasley).
He's immensely more talented than Anthony Randolph.
If you're talking about prospects for Bosh, Beez is one of the best you'll get.
In fact, as much as I like Bosh, I'm not sure Toronto doesn't get the best of that deal.
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Post#210 » by Boner Champ » Thu May 7, 2009 4:22 pm

Although I've proposed Beasley-Bosh trades in the past (so long as there is alot more coming back such as cap relief/picks/3rd team star for J.O's expiring, etc.), Miami fans have to stop with comparing Beasley's first year to Bosh's.

Bosh was not remarkable for how he did in his first season, as much as he was for improving upon it greatly in both his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Beasley still has some large steps to take.

And while it is true that there will be a lot of pressure to trade Bosh if he doesn't re-sign, other teams' fans have to also remember that it doesn't mean that his trade value plummets. Whatever leverage is lost is insignificant in respect to leverage that can be gained by other teams getting in on the mix. And there are several that (a) need a good PF, (b) would likely be able to re-sign Bosh or at least would think that they could, and (c) have a decent return package. Chicago fans seem to grasp this. Miami fans, not so much.
okiejoad
Ballboy

Post#211 » by okiejoad » Thu May 7, 2009 4:42 pm

[quote][/quote] Chicago fans seem to grasp this. Miami fans, not so much.

Miami fans understand that you can have anyone other than Derrick Rose from Chicago's roster and you're not getting a better young player than Beasley. In fact, I'd argue that there is not a prospect in this year's draft that is as good as Michael Beasley.
Blake Griffin? Really?
Go back and watch them both as freshman. Beez tore the kid up.
Guarantee Griffin measures out the same as Beasley ... and doesn't have nearly the same offensive talent. Griff is going to struggle in the league because he can't take the ball outside and isn't big enough to bang with true power forwards.
I'm no fool. Bosh is a much, much better player than Michael Beasley. Any deal between the two teams has to include more from Miami -- think Cook, an expiring and a couple first-rounders.
You want Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng from the Bulls?
Anthony Randolph? Fine by me.
Miami will wait until 2010 and keep its prized power forward.
TheDrunkenOak
Sophomore

Post#212 » by TheDrunkenOak » Thu May 7, 2009 6:29 pm

I didn't read all 15 pages, so i don't know if anyone has talked about this angle...

But i think if the Heat doesn't improve that team for next year, it might be a possiblity that Wade would leave. If that happens i would laugh my ass off. Considering how confident Heat posters have been that they are certain to aquire Bosh in 2010.

That Heat team is not very good, and without Wade, they're a 20 -30 win team (that's being generous). Even with all that capspace in 2010, doesn't necessarily mean that any 1st tier FA will sign with them. In fact, due to the economy and the shrinking cap, those FA's might want to sign for as much as possible with their own respective teams. I think the writer of the article also has the feeling that there is no guarantee that Wade stays, or if even any FA's will sign with them. The best possible solution would be to make that trade now, keep Wade happy, and then they could re-sign Bosh and Wade for max money.
TheDrunkenOak
Sophomore

Post#213 » by TheDrunkenOak » Thu May 7, 2009 6:44 pm

^ Dang, forget what i wrote above. Please see -Sun-Sentinel: Bosh to Miami for Beasley and Mark Blount? article.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#214 » by GameTime_3 » Thu May 7, 2009 8:17 pm

okiejoad wrote:
Chicago fans seem to grasp this. Miami fans, not so much.

Miami fans understand that you can have anyone other than Derrick Rose from Chicago's roster and you're not getting a better young player than Beasley. In fact, I'd argue that there is not a prospect in this year's draft that is as good as Michael Beasley.
Blake Griffin? Really?
Guarantee Griffin measures out the same as Beasley ... and doesn't have nearly the same offensive talent. Griff is going to struggle in the league because he can't take the ball outside and isn't big enough to bang with true power forwards.
I'm no fool. Bosh is a much, much better player than Michael Beasley. Any deal between the two teams has to include more from Miami -- think Cook, an expiring and a couple first-rounders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxwlkye9sI
Here is a video of Blake vs Beasley.....Blake had more help down low then Beasley, as you can tell in the video...Beasley showed why he was the better prospect coming out. Think of Beasley 1 more year in college, he would of been a lock for first overall. And for those who talk about height, please remember that most in the NBA are shorter then listed.

Height without shoes and Stand Reach

Amare 6"8- 9"0
Al Horford 6' 8.75- 8"11
Carlos Boozer 6' 7.75"- 9"1
Josh Smith 6"7- 8"10
David West 6"8.5- 9"
Jason Maxiell 6"5- 8"10
Al Jefferson 6"8.2 - 9"1
Beasley 6"7.5- 8"11
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#215 » by bballsparkin » Thu May 7, 2009 10:48 pm

okiejoad wrote:
Chicago fans seem to grasp this. Miami fans, not so much.

Blake Griffin? Really?

You can argue till you turn blue, but the fact remains most Rap fans don't want Beasley. You say Beasley is better than Bargs, but Beasely's attempt at defense made Barg look like an allstar this year.

If Bosh wants out and all BC gets is Beaseley thats fine with me. Not a bad return. But not something I look forward too either. Teams can offer better.
Kiid-Nerd-
Bench Warmer

Post#216 » by Kiid-Nerd- » Fri May 8, 2009 12:18 am

israeli_jordan wrote:
BlaZeN27 wrote:But it's alright though, 95% of this board claimed there was no way in hell you guys would take Banks in the JO/Marion trade. Ended up that we not only dumped Banks but we also got a draft pick. :wink:

LOL you make it seem like it was a shrewd move on Pat Riley's part by getting rid of Banks' contract in exchange for a conditional draft pick. Do I have to remind you that Miami gave Toronto money to basically buy a future first round pick as well, and that JO or Jamario Moon weren't exactly helpful. Look at Miami's record since the trade, LOL they're barely .500 and they got eliminated by a team that hasn't made it to the second round in over a decade.

Not to rain on your parade but there's also no guarantee of Wade sticking around there, especially with how nicely the pieces in Chicago are falling into place now.

I wish we could have Wade but because of his baby mama issues I doubt he'll play in Chicago *sigh*
kiid-nerd- wrote: Jackass, I'm a girl . Do I have to start typing in pink font ?

King College PrepFreshman&Proud
TheShocker
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#217 » by TheShocker » Fri May 8, 2009 1:20 am

What a waste of a valuable asset that would be if Colangelo actually traded Bosh for Beasley. Have any of you heard this guy talk?

Talk about L-O-S-E-R, if he wasnt almost 7 feet tall he would be flippin burgers at McDonald's, or pumping my gas at the local full serve station.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#218 » by Alfred » Fri May 8, 2009 1:28 am

Don't bait Miami posters.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#219 » by basketball royalty » Fri May 8, 2009 1:38 am

Kiid-Nerd- wrote:
israeli_jordan wrote:
BlaZeN27 wrote:But it's alright though, 95% of this board claimed there was no way in hell you guys would take Banks in the JO/Marion trade. Ended up that we not only dumped Banks but we also got a draft pick. :wink:

LOL you make it seem like it was a shrewd move on Pat Riley's part by getting rid of Banks' contract in exchange for a conditional draft pick. Do I have to remind you that Miami gave Toronto money to basically buy a future first round pick as well, and that JO or Jamario Moon weren't exactly helpful. Look at Miami's record since the trade, LOL they're barely .500 and they got eliminated by a team that hasn't made it to the second round in over a decade.

Not to rain on your parade but there's also no guarantee of Wade sticking around there, especially with how nicely the pieces in Chicago are falling into place now.

I wish we could have Wade but because of his baby mama issues I doubt he'll play in Chicago *sigh*

I am not going to pretend I know what Wade feels about the issue but he may want to be near his kids.
props to Turbozone for the sig
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#220 » by TiKusDom » Fri May 8, 2009 2:27 am

I bet Wade bolts for New York when Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland. Or he'll just go and team with LeBron in New York if Bron Bron does decide to go there.

Return to Toronto Raptors