ImageImageImageImageImage

Bright Spot : Demar Derozan & Amir Johnson

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Re: Bright Spot : Demar Derozan & Amir Johnson 

Post#21 » by cram » Thu Dec 3, 2009 2:23 pm

jay362 -- you probably don't know a lot about basketball then.

Amir has been excellent. Rebounding. Defending. Seals guys for other players.

He's one of the few guys on this team who has manned up.

As for the fouls, why does everyone in our fan-base fear fouls? If Bosh is fouling out, we have a problem. Otherwise, we have depth....foul, foul away. I'd rather have aggressive defenders who get in other teams' grills than a bunch of delicate non-fouling pussies (which is, for the most part, what we have)
Hoop-la
Senior
And1: 13

Post#22 » by Hoop-la » Thu Dec 3, 2009 3:48 pm

cram wrote:As for the fouls, why does everyone in our fan-base fear fouls? If Bosh is fouling out, we have a problem. Otherwise, we have depth....foul, foul away. I'd rather have aggressive defenders who get in other teams' grills than a bunch of delicate non-fouling pussies (which is, for the most part, what we have)

+1
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#23 » by dacrusha » Thu Dec 3, 2009 4:57 pm

Start Amir and send Bargs to the bench.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Raptolicism
Rookie
And1: 480

Post#24 » by Raptolicism » Thu Dec 3, 2009 5:27 pm

Aaaah, now this is a thread I actually enjoy spending my time on.

I'm loving DD's 12 blocks on the season. For the amount of minutes he plays, and being a rookie, I find this pretty impressive. Also loving the stubbornness with which he was driving last night(in the early part of the game at least, that I could actually watch).

Lately DeMar has really started making it to the hoop, but it looks like he is still figuring out how to properly balance his body to finish the play. Unless he starts fatiguing badly, I imagine that we'll see more and more finished plays at the rim, off the drive.

He is still wildly up and down statistically, but I see a whole bunch of promise in this kid.
YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! WE THE CHAMPS BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#25 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Thu Dec 3, 2009 5:48 pm

Amir should be starting for Hedo. Bargnani is at least contesting, and Amir can guard 3s better than Turk. I don't like Amir against starting 5s, and I'd love to see Bargs, Bosh and Amir together.
latino469
Junior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by latino469 » Thu Dec 3, 2009 5:52 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:I don't get why everyone is so enamored with Amir. He's a nice energy guy, but his d isn't anything special, really awkward around the basket and he's a foul machine to boot.

I do like what I've seen from Demar though.

I don't know what you are watching but Amir is the only one who gives a damn.

He gives it his all 100%, yes he's fouling but that's because he's trying to get stops on defense

God damn defense, he knows what it means, lol, not like the other players on this **** team.

He better getting signed or i am going to go nuts and he is only 22 years old, its like his rookie year.
MarcusFenix
Junior
And1: 7

Post#27 » by MarcusFenix » Thu Dec 3, 2009 5:52 pm

Truly impressed by both of them.

Amir consistently hassles for rebounds on both sides. He fouls a lot but that's mostly because he actually tries to defend. He might not be great at it, be he tries. He's got soft touch under the basket too, and takes good free throws.

Demar, while raw, has been steadily improving. I hope he can continue attacking the basket instead of hoisting airballs. He hasn't finished most of those shots because he gets fouled, but once he gets stronger, he should be able to get more And 1s. I loved how he is looking for a put-back most of the time.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#28 » by wtcantfw » Thu Dec 3, 2009 5:57 pm

You know what has been impressing me the past few games? Derozan's first step. He's been blowing past his defender. When he gets to the line, he's usually fouled by the help defender. He's learning to use his athleticism. Good sign.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#29 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Dec 3, 2009 6:02 pm

I hope everyone realizes what an exciting process rebuilding can be, imagine a whole team of Amirs and Derozans developing before our very eyes. :D

Return to Toronto Raptors