ImageImageImageImageImage

Il Mago, Evil Genius Necromancer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Re: Il Mago, Evil Genius Necromancer 

Post#21 » by Kakapato » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:08 pm

Choker wrote:
JadedRaptorsFan wrote:To be a Good run n gun team starts with the PG, if you have a PG that is worried about making the perfect pass all the time without getting intercepted then stick to halfcourt, but if your a PG that likes to take chances it seems they are better suited to the run n gun game

Yeah, that's why I want to can Jose Calderon.

You have Marco who was playing PG in GS... :roll:
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#22 » by Kabookalu » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:09 pm

Kakapato wrote:You have Marco who was playing PG in GS... :roll:

You don't know how much more I want Belinelli playing PG than Calderon. Too bad Triano is humping to the thought of playing Calderon and Jack together.
Marz
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#23 » by Marz » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:10 pm

Condi Rice wrote:Everyone knows Bargnani and Bosh can't co-exist, Bargnani definately knows it, two jump shooting PF's don't make a Dwight. So who will be the "One"? I think it is becoming more apparant to the trained eye (in the art of Michael Moore not to be confused with Mikki Moore) that Il Mago is trying to rid himself of his Multiverse Counterpart aka Boshelicious, aka the RuPaul of "big men". So how is he doing it?

But first an interlude, Into the past of our two star-crossed ballers we go! Like a castrating asian housewife, Bosh has been ordering Bargnani around since he was a rookie, yelling at him in team huddles, humiliating him in front of his teammates, fans and lest we forget Mop Girl. But of course Andrea does not forget, nor forgive. After Andrea got his big contract, which was by no means in anyway a face saving move by BC, you would think he would get some respect from Bosh. But NO, Bosh is still beating on him like he's a flaccid appendage. Ordering him to grow a spine, stiffen up play D, rebound, oh the hypocrisy! Ridiculing the team's interior D, a not so subtle slap in the face of our beloved Italian Necromancer, aka Il Mago.

Bargnani has had enough. Bargnani plots his revenge with a calculus so chilling that those sultry creatures of the tropical islands in heat would find themselves all at once chaste. The means are quite simple actually, but diabolical nonetheless, and of course wholly expected from our evil genius necromancer. Bosh orders more D? Bargnani simply makes a half-hearted attempt at helping on Jose "El Matador" Calderon's man, leaving himself guarding no one. Bosh orders more rebounding? Bargnani simply boxes out one of his teammates. There is simply nothing to lose for Bargnani, and only so much to gain. The contract is in hand, nothing to worry about there. A losing season will guarantee Bosh's demise as a Raptor, and that is exactly what our evil genious necromancer is conjuring.

Two men enter, one man leaves.

Lolz, thanks for this, I had fun reading it :D
This is clearly what Bargani's plotting behind the scenes, and we all know now that he is in fact an evil genius necromancer. it all makes perfect sense really.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#24 » by vini_vidi_vici » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:13 pm

Choker wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:Obviously you didnt read my intial post, so ill say it again, because a guy can rebound doesnt make give him a great FBTR, see two of guys from last year, Bosh/Evans. Both great rebounders in their own right but neither outlets the ball, thus making it impossible to run. Infact even when Jose gets the ball he doesnt run, whether its philosophy as you claim, or talent, is irrelevant. Your argument was Bosh is a fantastic rebounder thus he must be a good outlet passer he isnt. My point is no matter how good our offense is, its half court offense, incapable of running with being so poor at those factors. Taking things out of context doesnt help.

Ummm Channing Frye and Amar'e Stoudemire are in no way any better than Bosh and Bargnani at outlet passing. And you obviously read my post wrong, when did I say Bosh was a fantastic outlet passer? Nope, don't remember saying that. k thnx bye.

Again more unsubstanciated claims lol. seems like thats your defense. If all your points are subjective opinion ("Channing Frye and Amar'e Stoudemire are in no way any better than Bosh and Bargnani at outlet passing"), then by all means "k thnx bye"

You inferred that no one in the NBA is a great outlet passer, except Love, who isnt btw. And then said "You dont need Bill Walton or Bill Russell to run" which you dont, either. Again proving my point, because Bosh is prolific at rebounding doesnt make him ideal for fast breaking as evidence with the stats ive shown. The reality is, Channing Frye and Amare are better outlet passer, and do trigger more fast breaks, because they look up court and pivot. They dont have ball handlers coming back to the ball, and have guys who rebound and push in Richardson/Hill off DRebs. We will never have a fast break team, because of the reasons ive outlined in my first post, and proved with the statistics in the following.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#25 » by Kabookalu » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:20 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:Again more unsubstanciated claims lol. seems like thats your defense. If all your points are subjective opinion ("Channing Frye and Amar'e Stoudemire are in no way any better than Bosh and Bargnani at outlet passing"), then by all means "k thnx bye"

You inferred that no one in the NBA is a great outlet passer, except Love, who isnt btw. And then said "You dont need Bill Walton or Bill Russell to run" which you dont, either. Again proving my point, because Bosh is prolific at rebounding doesnt make him ideal for fast breaking as evidence with the stats ive shown. The reality is, Channing Frye and Amare are better outlet passer, and do trigger more fast breaks, because they look up court and pivot. They dont have ball handlers coming back to the ball, and guys who rebound and push in Richardson/Hill off DRebs. We will never have a fast break team, because of the reasons ive outlined in my first post, and proved with the statistics in the following.

Except the fact that you're missing my point in the first place, that all of these things are initiated because Phoenix runs a fullcourt game. These are things that they practice, and if we practiced these things we could be successful too. Your stats are interesting though so you may be right, I'll give you a chance.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#26 » by vini_vidi_vici » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:29 pm

Choker wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:Again more unsubstanciated claims lol. seems like thats your defense. If all your points are subjective opinion ("Channing Frye and Amar'e Stoudemire are in no way any better than Bosh and Bargnani at outlet passing"), then by all means "k thnx bye"

You inferred that no one in the NBA is a great outlet passer, except Love, who isnt btw. And then said "You dont need Bill Walton or Bill Russell to run" which you dont, either. Again proving my point, because Bosh is prolific at rebounding doesnt make him ideal for fast breaking as evidence with the stats ive shown. The reality is, Channing Frye and Amare are better outlet passer, and do trigger more fast breaks, because they look up court and pivot. They dont have ball handlers coming back to the ball, and guys who rebound and push in Richardson/Hill off DRebs. We will never have a fast break team, because of the reasons ive outlined in my first post, and proved with the statistics in the following.

Except the fact that you're missing my point in the first place, that all of these things are initiated because Phoenix runs a fullcourt game. These are things that they practice, and if we practiced these things we could be successful too. Your stats are interesting though so you may be right, I'll give you a chance.

The argument isnt that with practice it could be accomplished, because maybe it could, no one knows. But we employ a pack the paint startegy, allowing none of our wings/PG to leak out. We signed a PG who runs the PnR great, because that is our offense with Bosh, but knew his deficiencies in running the break/D. Again the same goes at SF, with Hedo not being another guy who isnt great FBTR. Our best rebounder, isnt a guy who can outlet to trigger it. The best one is Bargnani, and he didnt even get many DRebs last year, thus the high percentage. Reggie is an even worse culprit. We dont have the talent to run and gun, and even if we did, it doesnt improve our defense any which is the primary concern.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#27 » by Kabookalu » Thu Dec 3, 2009 12:31 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:The argument isnt that with practice it could be accomplished, because maybe it could, no one knows. But we employ a pack the paint startegy, allowing none of our wings/PG to leak out. We signed a PG who runs the PnR great, because that is our offense with Bosh, but knew his deficiencies in running the break/D. Again the same goes at SF, with Hedo not being another guy who isnt great FBTR. Our best rebounder, isnt a guy who can outlet to trigger it. The best one is Bargnani, and he didnt even get many DRebs last year, thus the high percentage. Reggie is an even worse culprit. We dont have the talent to run and gun, and even if we did, it doesnt improve our defense any which is the primary concern.

You do have a point but the whole reason why my idea is a pipedream is because of exactly Calderon. No way we become a fastbreak team with him running the helm good outlet passers or not. Fastbreak or halfcourt though I do want him gone either way.
Miles Boyer
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Miles Boyer » Thu Dec 3, 2009 1:22 pm

This post went from a great piece of satire (with perhaps some truth to it) to why the Raptors should run like the Suns. Thanks for the OP, well written.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#29 » by Kabookalu » Thu Dec 3, 2009 1:25 pm

You're welcome.
Condi Rice
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Condi Rice » Thu Dec 3, 2009 9:25 pm

Miles Boyer wrote:This post went from a great piece of satire (with perhaps some truth to it) to why the Raptors should run like the Suns. Thanks for the OP, well written.

I'm glad at least a couple of people thought it was funny :P
AydinOrs
Sophomore

Post#31 » by AydinOrs » Thu Dec 3, 2009 9:29 pm

Condoleezza Rice accusing someone else of being evil. I've seen it all. :rofl:
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#32 » by bychai » Thu Dec 3, 2009 9:34 pm

Miles Boyer wrote:This post went from a great piece of satire (with perhaps some truth to it) to why the Raptors should run like the Suns. Thanks for the OP, well written.

lol yeah i was just about to say that it's hilarious how the discussion was sparked by the OP which no one seemed to really pay attention to :) good job

edit: calling bargs a necromancer is hilarious too :lol:
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!

Return to Toronto Raptors