ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Still no recognition

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,030

Re: OT: Still no recognition 

Post#21 » by ontnut » Thu Jan 7, 2010 3:21 pm

East Connection wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Boogie! wrote:the nba was trying to make us lose. why would they throw salt on their wound by headlining their failure?

Seriously. What the heck was that in the 4th q? the raps couldn't touch anyone without getting called, that Bargnani block REALLY puzzled me because there was hardly any body contact at all it was hand on ball, if anything they touched briefly after the block..I was definitely of the camp that the NBA wouldn't/couldn't influence games so blatantly, but that was as blatant as it gets.

On the note of recognition...Raps get the recognition they deserve. You don't hear TSN talking about crappy/mediocre NHL teams very often do you? We just made it to .500 with yes, arguably our 2 best wins of the season, but is that really that important to the rest of the league? The Celts/Heat game was a monster game with two scores with less than a second left.

Apparently you don't watch TSN much or you would have heard of the Maple Leafs.

Touche, good sir.
I meant other than Canadian teams given the cross-border reference but that's ok.
theDEATH
Senior
And1: 5

Post#22 » by theDEATH » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:45 pm

whoknows wrote:
Crazyazn712 wrote:I am pretty sure this has been discussed numerous times but I just don't get why this discrimination is still going on with media nowadays.

Whenever a Raptors game finishes, it's very seldom that there would be any headline on NBA.com; like tonight's win against Magics, yes it's in the news feed on the side but it didn't make it to the flash-player headline... why is that? You see the Celtics, you see the Hawk... but where is the raptors?

So many haters.

it is not haters, it is reality. what % of bball fans do you think Raps fans represent?
It is Canada and yes, Raps play for a small bball market, most Canadians don't care about Raps, why should Americans?

I wouldn't call the Raptors a small market team. The Raptors have fans all over Canada and even though a ton of their fans aren't in driving distance of the ACC, they're still top 10 in fan attendance. They represent an entire nation and even have fans all over Europe (thanks to BC's euro-edition Raptors team). I think that's pretty darn good for a team that hasn't won a playoff series in almost a decade.

I think it'd be a good investment for the NBA to turn the Raptors into a winning franchise. I mean, if Vince Carter's dunks pretty much built this entire fanbase, think about what another legit superstar wing could do for this franchise. A couple of wins (maybe more than a couple) could go a long way for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff series since 2001 and a city that's just hungry for a winning team.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#23 » by Volcano » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:47 pm

Candide
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Candide » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:50 pm

recognition and reward always follows hard work and success. once the raptors work hard and start winning games consistently, they will become successful and get recognition. they're a team on the upswing, but collectively, the team is just scratching its immense potential.

Return to Toronto Raptors