ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargs & Beli best +/- stats players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Re: Bargs & Beli best +/- stats players 

Post#61 » by Alfred » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:00 am

Good players who are doing what they do best will have a positive impact on your team. I mean, if they are playing poorly, for whatever reason, it tells you they are playing poorly.

Good teams are good because they have good players. Boston went from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best because they added 2 great players to their team. A lot of the time on bad teams, you have to look for the "least bad" player, or look at their adjusted +/-.
Ka5p3r
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Ka5p3r » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:56 am

barrist wrote:I almost forgot Nene's last name was Hilario.

haha yea...i dont get why him, yao and such dont put their last name...well actually Yao for oriental reasons right?...his name put in the western way would be Ming Yao right?
DomoKun
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#63 » by DomoKun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 am

ontnut wrote:
Avenger wrote:adjusted plus minus is much more reliable and actually means something

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplayers. ... C&team=TOR

According to the numbers, CB and AB are the positives, Hedo and Amir are neutral and the rest are just bringing the team down.

That sounds a bit more correct to me.

IMHO the game is decided by how well players play as a team and not necessarily by the best player alone on a team. For a role player, individual stats may not always indicate his true worth. So even though stuff like boxing out (so someone on the team gets the rebound), or running the floor won't get a player noticed by the statistician, it could impact that of his teammates. Belinelli may not have the best individual stats. All I know is that whenever he's been on the floor lately, things seem to happen in a positive way for the team. Plus the lineup of him and Bargnani with Hedo, Calderon and Bosh is the best on the team, and 19th best in the EC.

Return to Toronto Raptors