ImageImageImageImageImage

Are We Excluded From Trade Scenarios Now ?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

223red
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Are We Excluded From Trade Scenarios Now ? 

Post#21 » by 223red » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:17 pm

seraphim1982 wrote: I would be concerned with getting K.Mart, as it might stunt DD growth and cut's Weems time down too. I really think Weems and DD, have a bright future in Toronto and would be hasty to trade them, OR have someone ahead of them in the rotation...Their dunks, especially at home, demoralizes opponents, if anyone was at the SA game the past week, you could see it in their players.

You know what would demoralize opponents more than Derozan and Weems throwing down a couple of dunks? KMart's 24 points per game from the 2 spot. A fair deal is for JC + Amir + cash + 2011 pick (trading another pick would hurt, but it would hurt less than trading Derozan). But the Kings already pay Udrih $6mil+ on a long-term deal, so unless it's a bigger deal involving us taking on that contract (in exchange for Evans' much shorter contract?) I don't think they'd be interested. So, KMart + Udrih for JC + Amir + cash + 2011 pick. Then BC will have to permanently sign Pops (hooray) and Triano will have to give Hedo some time at the 4 and play Bosh and Bargnani 42 minutes a piece in the playoffs (which they should, anyway). And Raptor fans will pray Bargs and Bosh never get in foul trouble.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#22 » by CreaM » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:23 pm

I'd still like to do a Calderon for Martin swap but I highly doubt that the Kings are Interested.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#23 » by Indeed » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:40 pm

seraphim1982 wrote:
Jose_Matador wrote:
stopnpop wrote:Wrong..his defense is horrible, hes like Jose, almost as bad as Kapono.

He is also just a scorer, doesnt rebound, defend, create, nothing, just score. He's an injury concern to boot. I do the trade only for Jose since we once again have a two headed pg monster. However, we do not need him, what we need is a coach willing to play demar legit minutes every night. By next year, if we acquire Kmart, we are gonna be looking for ways to move him so demar can play, and so we can get rid of his contract.

Is there no one else we can pursue via trade?
Are you sure his defense is that bad, it almost sounds like you have a personal vendetta torwards Kevin Martin lol. :)

From what I quickly googled, there a hoopworld article stating Kevin Martin (link below), who works with Thorpe, was focusing on his defence, which might imply, that it wasn't the greatest. Again, I would be concerned with getting K.Mart, as it might stunt DD growth and cut's Weems time down too. I really think Weems and DD, have a bright future in Toronto and would be hasty to trade them, OR have someone ahead of them in the rotation...Their dunks, especially at home, demoralizes opponents, if anyone was at the SA game the past week, you could see it in their players. It was loud there and just got louder.

On the flip-side, if we want to retain Bosh, we might want to get another Allstar player in K.Mart (ala Boston/Orlando style), who was playing like a Monster before injury. Not to mention his salary is pretty damn good for that production level, he can be traded for Jose 1 for 1

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14229

From the latest scouting report of within a Kings forum (can't be totally trusted, but find it kind of non-biased)
Kevin Martin Scouting Report

I agree that he can help on our perimeter defense, as he is a quick player. He will help on our rotation, but he is not anywhere near the lock down type we need as well. I hope he can play a little PG, so we can have room for a lock down for SG/SF (DeRozan?).

Meanwhile, we still have Banks contract, even he played very well lately, but he is kind of expensive as a garbage time PG. Perhaps get a prospect PG for that role, and upgrade our depth at another area.
anj
Bench Warmer
And1: 909

Post#24 » by anj » Thu Jan 7, 2010 10:43 pm

223red wrote:
seraphim1982 wrote: I would be concerned with getting K.Mart, as it might stunt DD growth and cut's Weems time down too. I really think Weems and DD, have a bright future in Toronto and would be hasty to trade them, OR have someone ahead of them in the rotation...Their dunks, especially at home, demoralizes opponents, if anyone was at the SA game the past week, you could see it in their players.

You know what would demoralize opponents more than Derozan and Weems throwing down a couple of dunks? KMart's 24 points per game from the 2 spot. A fair deal is for JC + Amir + cash + 2011 pick (trading another pick would hurt, but it would hurt less than trading Derozan). But the Kings already pay Udrih $6mil+ on a long-term deal, so unless it's a bigger deal involving us taking on that contract (in exchange for Evans' much shorter contract?) I don't think they'd be interested. So, KMart + Udrih for JC + Amir + cash + 2011 pick. Then BC will have to permanently sign Pops (hooray) and Triano will have to give Hedo some time at the 4 and play Bosh and Bargnani 42 minutes a piece in the playoffs (which they should, anyway). And Raptor fans will pray Bargs and Bosh never get in foul trouble.

If by "pick" you mean first-round pick, the Raptors can't do it because of the Miami deal.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#25 » by inrapscity » Fri Jan 8, 2010 12:18 am

i wouldn't exclude ourselves.

evans+rasho+banks+wright for kirilenko.
Greg Foster Jr.
Junior
And1: 112

Post#26 » by Greg Foster Jr. » Fri Jan 8, 2010 2:31 am

we always seem to go on a nice run before the deadline, make no moves because things are finally clicking, then nose dive shortly after

I dont think thats going to happen this year but you never know
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#27 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Fri Jan 8, 2010 2:41 am

If Jose stays healthy I'd like to trade Jarrett Jack at the deadline for a 3. Jack is not as advertised, he's not a good defender and he can't play 2. He's a decent player but he doesn't cover for Jose's weaknesses, he just plays a different style, and they fight each other on the court. It's not going to work.

We're not getting anything for Banks, who does the things Jose and Jack can't, and we won't get fair value for Jose. I'd like to trade Jack while he's being overrated. Wright can go with him, for nothing.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#28 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 3:18 am

IMO the Kevin Martin deal would have to be.

Calderon + Amir + Belinelli for Martin + May + Sergio

Raptors get their 2 guard and a backup PG in Sergio. Raptors would also save money and look to sign a SF to bring them back up to 15.

Kings get a PG, a young SG and a young PF to compliment their team.

Jack/Sergio/Banks
Martin/Derozan/Wright
Hedo/Weems
Bosh/Evans/May
Bargnani/Rasho/O'Byrant

Calderon/Beno
Evans/Belinelli/Garcia
Caspi/Green/Udoka
Thompson/Nocioni/Thomas
Hawes/Johnson/Brockman
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Indeed
RealGM

Post#29 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 8, 2010 3:52 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:IMO the Kevin Martin deal would have to be.

Calderon + Amir + Belinelli for Martin + May + Sergio

Raptors get their 2 guard and a backup PG in Sergio. Raptors would also save money and look to sign a SF to bring them back up to 15.

Kings get a PG, a young SG and a young PF to compliment their team.

Jack/Sergio/Banks
Martin/Derozan/Wright
Hedo/Weems
Bosh/Evans/May
Bargnani/Rasho/O'Byrant

Calderon/Beno
Evans/Belinelli/Garcia
Caspi/Green/Udoka
Thompson/Nocioni/Thomas
Hawes/Johnson/Brockman

I don't think they need a PG nor SG.
1) Garcia is making 6m with a 4 years contract, so he is not playing behind Belinelli
2) They are high with Beno, so I don't think they want to take Calderon.

Maybe a three way trade like with Charlotte
(Chandler, Felton, Wright) to Sacramento - get big man and saved salary over the 3rd and 4th year
(Calderon, Thomas, Sac 2nd pick) to Charlotte - upgrade their PG and saved 3m
(Martin) to Toronto - we get SG that we need
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#30 » by Boogie! » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:04 am

jose for tyreke evans.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#31 » by whoknows » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:22 am

banks/wright/PO/Rasho might be shopped around
Indeed
RealGM

Post#32 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:24 am

Boogie! wrote:jose for tyreke evans.

Yea right, we wish...

whoknows wrote:banks/wright/PO/Rasho might be shopped around

I don't think Rasho is going anywhere, he signed us because he wants to be here.

Return to Toronto Raptors