ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Net Planning the Future already!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Crazyazn712
Sophomore
And1: 0

OT: Net Planning the Future already!! 

Post#1 » by Crazyazn712 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 3:59 am

http://www.nba.com/nets/tickets/splash.html

:lol: I can't help but laugh that the Nets are already posting that image already on their home website.

What are the chances of ANY of those superstar would go to the Nets?

edit: not flaming the Nets, they do have potential but I just stumbled upon that page and found it amusing and interesting.

2nd edit: Hmm... now I think of it, it might just be an ad of showing them coming to PLAY the Nets? But who knows, it's funny how I drew my conclusion on the 2010 free agency instead of the competition itself....
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Re: OT: Net Planning the Future already!! 

Post#2 » by tylrrr » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:01 am

Uh, I don't doubt there's implication that one of these players might consider the Nets but I'm pretty sure this just means their respective teams are scheduled to play in New Jersey... It's pretty clever marketing.

Higher than New York, that's for sure.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#3 » by timdunkit » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:04 am

I don't think it implicates that there signing one of them ( of course they're going to try). I think its part of there marketting gimick where you get dual side jersey with the opposing teams superstar jersey or whatever it was ...
GamePoint
Starter
And1: 109

Post#4 » by GamePoint » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:04 am

tylrrr wrote:Uh, I don't doubt there's implication that one of these players might consider the Nets but I'm pretty sure this just means their respective teams are scheduled to play in New Jersey... It's pretty clever marketing.

There might be a little more to it than just that.

It's most likely a little healthy dose of subliminal whatnot. Each one of those players could potentially be free agents for 2010 season.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#5 » by tylrrr » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:06 am

GamePoint wrote:
tylrrr wrote:Uh, I don't doubt there's implication that one of these players might consider the Nets but I'm pretty sure this just means their respective teams are scheduled to play in New Jersey... It's pretty clever marketing.

There might be a little more to it than just that.

It's most likely a little healthy dose of subliminal whatnot. Each one of those players could potentially be free agents for 2010 season.

I agree, but they're still ultimately just advertising upcoming games. Like I said, it's brilliant marketing.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#6 » by Boogie! » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:10 am

yeah, that's gotta be a free agency thing. any team can make a splash page like that saying "coming soon" with a bunch of star players on it to suggest that those players and their teams will be visiting. the fact that all of those players happen to be free agents after the season and that they're pictured beside two of the nets key players means they're hoping to sign one of them. which is lame.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
MattBoner
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by MattBoner » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:26 am

Half of those players won't even be free agents.
GamePoint
Starter

Post#8 » by GamePoint » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:36 am

MattBoner wrote:Half of those players won't even be free agents.

Pretty sure at least 7 of the 9 are guaranteed free agents...and I'm thinking that's more than half. I may be wrong, but the other two have the potential to be FAs as well.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#9 » by COY0607 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:38 am

GamePoint wrote:
MattBoner wrote:Half of those players won't even be free agents.

Pretty sure at least 7 of the 9 are guaranteed free agents...and I'm thinking that's more than half. I may be wrong, but the other two have the potential to be FAs as well.

im pretty sure all of them are free agents (not sure about pierce)....but good marketing from the nets, they are probably going to be as good a destination as any other team for a superstar player, even if they dont have the no. 1 pick
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#10 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:40 am

Just realized they have the English and Chinese version of their home page.
But I don't see English/French and Italian version of our home page.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#11 » by Anatomize » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:42 am

I wonder if Jay-Z sold his ass to the devil for marketing tips, since his soul is already gone.
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#12 » by satyr9 » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:46 am

Gotta get 'em all though. Anything less would be a total failure of their plans for the 2010 offseason.

Wade/Johnson/LeBron/Bosh/Lopez starting
Harris/Manu/Pierce/Amare/Shaq reserves
Gay deep bench

That team has a shot at the second round at least right? The good part would be they'd be paying every other team's payrolls from their luxury tax payments at the same time so I'm guessing most owners might actually be okay with it. They should probably consider D12 over Shaq or Lopez though.
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#13 » by Hit Em Up » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:55 am

Nice to see Bosh getting some recognition :lol:
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#14 » by inrapscity » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:57 am

pretty funny.

i would say that 99% they will not get a single one of those.
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#15 » by Korr » Fri Jan 8, 2010 4:58 am

The ad meant that those guys are coming to play against the Nets in New Jersey.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#16 » by Anatomize » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:00 am

Korr wrote:The ad meant that those guys are coming to play against the Nets in New Jersey.

It's a subliminal marketing ad. Each one of those players is going to be a free agent this summer, and they put their 'prized players' at the forefront to give Nets fans hope that they may team up.. coincidence? "Coming SOON". The Nets are trying to desperately sell this idea because they are really struggling to sell tickets. I don't see why some people are saying otherwise.
GamePoint
Starter

Post#17 » by GamePoint » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:09 am

Korr wrote:The ad meant that those guys are coming to play against the Nets in New Jersey.

Then how come they didn't throw up Chris Paul, Iverson/Iggy, Dwight Howard. Those 3 are a bigger draw than Gay, Manu, and JJ.

It's about 2010. It's smart.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,483

Post#18 » by Brinbe » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:11 am

Yeah, it's a little obvious.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,580

Post#19 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:51 am

I don't see John Wall or Ed Davis anywhere... better chance of them ending up in NJ than most of those guys.

In many ways Lebron to NJ/Brooklyn makes a lot of sense if NJ lands the top pick, but that would be a huge leap of faith on his part. I don't see how he could end up on a team with more young talent than that, the core of Wall/Lebron/Lopez is ridiculous as it is balanced. Add a couple shooters at 4(Yi) and 2(whatever they can get for Harris, or Lee) and a 6th man in CDR, and that's the makings of a dynasty. Even TWill is an asset.

Plus, they'd still have some money to sign another player this summer, they're only committed to $26 million next year.

Cleveland is committed to bench guys through 11/12 and they'll never see a lotto pick as long as LeBron can lace them up.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#20 » by almatic » Fri Jan 8, 2010 5:54 am

Crazyazn712 wrote:http://www.nba.com/nets/tickets/splash.html

:lol: I can't help but laugh that the Nets are already posting that image already on their home website.

edit: not flaming the Nets, they do have potential but I just stumbled upon that page and found it amusing and interesting.

2nd edit: Hmm... now I think of it, it might just be an ad of showing them coming to PLAY the Nets? But who knows, it's funny how I drew my conclusion on the 2010 free agency instead of the competition itself....

1. The Nets are going to Brooklyn soon, that's a big market, especially how badly the Knicks have been, on & off the court.
2. The Celtics were horrrrrrible the year before they revamped won the championship recently, so the idea of at least 3 stars coming over to team up for a championship run isn't too farfetched.
3. They all are under contract until the end of this season.
4. The Nets (potentially) have a new Russian billionaire owner who probably wouldn't mind exceeding the luxury tax, right up to the hard cap.

Return to Toronto Raptors