ImageImageImageImageImage

Great Britain coaches want Pops Mensah-Bonsu to settle

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: Great Britain coaches want Pops Mensah-Bonsu to settle 

Post#21 » by Boogie! » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 am

Kayjay wrote:POB is not a bad player when he's actually on the court. He's a pretty snazzy passer for a C and a decent eraser in the paint. Just seems like he plays out of focus a lot of the time.

If Amir hadn't been Amir, he'd have done something with the minutes he'd have had.

i think it was clear amir was gonna play ahead of pob no matter what. he was the first big off the bench since pre-season. and he actually got regular season playing time for the detroit pistons. pob has never been a regular rotation player.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
rtcaino
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#22 » by rtcaino » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

Oh well. Pops is still better for his experiences this year.

He may never cut it in the NBA, but he can be valuable for GB and for a team in Europe. I think that going through NBA training camps, and practicing with guys like CB4 will only help his career.
Monkeybutlerz
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Monkeybutlerz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

sanity wrote:Do not underestimate Raptor Nation. When we aren't worshiping the flavour of the week we're in the gym pumping iron and working on our NBA-level basketball skills, just-in-case the Replacements becomes a reality

:lol:
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#24 » by The Flying Gent » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:20 pm

DonkeyPunch wrote:
Daedelus wrote:
DonkeyPunch wrote:Good riddance, makes me feel like ass when guys with less skill than even me are living my dream. NOT FAIR.

Keep dreaming sir.

I feel bad for Pops. It's too bad he couldn't find his place in the NBA. You could tell he loved his role and he loved getting the crowd in the game with his energy.

Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass

He is just tall as hell, strong, and can jump 35 inches in the air. Anyone on this board could be a 12th man if they were super athletic and 6 9.

I know a lot of people have already jumped on this comment, but i can't help it. The Ignorance and arrogance and idiocy. The down right repugnance.

I scoff at you sir, i scoff at you.

ಠ_ಠ

Return to Toronto Raptors