ImageImageImageImageImage

Demar vs. Eric Gordon in Dunk-In Contest

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Re: Demar vs. Eric Gordon in Dunk-In Contest 

Post#81 » by E-TRAK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:14 am

DAMN Eric G has some hopssssssssssss
comlad
Ballboy
And1: 53

Post#82 » by comlad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:17 am

Why don't they just allow five players in the dunk contest instead then? They use to have six players anyways, just that less players wanted to compete so it shrunk to four. This just makes either Gordon or DeRozan having to showcase two more dunks, instead of using only their best ones.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#83 » by 99 Problems » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 am

Eric Gordon has a 40 inch vertical....
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#84 » by _venom_ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:33 am

99 Problems wrote:Eric Gordon has a 40 inch vertical....

That doesn't make him a great dunker. He has very few impressive dunks in the NBA.
99 Problems
Banned User

Post#85 » by 99 Problems » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am

_venom_ wrote:

That doesn't make him a great dunker. He has very few impressive dunks in the NBA.

In game dunks are completely different from dunk contests... He has time to practice and the neccessary hops to do some nice dunks... Its quite possible that Gordon could win, unlike the sentiment here that its in the bag for DD... Derozan needs to step up....
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#86 » by _venom_ » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 am

99 Problems wrote:
_venom_ wrote:

In game dunks are completely different from dunk contests... He has time to practice and the neccessary hops to do some nice dunks... Its quite possible that Gordon could win, unlike the sentiment here that its in the bag for DD... Derozan needs to step up....

Yea and DD has shown that he can win dunk contests already....Gordon is a mediocre dunker. Even Clippers fans will tell you that he's a scorer not a dunker. He barely get's the ball over the rim on most of his dunks.
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#87 » by cram » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 am

DG88 wrote:
cram wrote:Eric gets no play because he's on the clippers. Dude is way more athletic than most here are thinking.

And, i love Demar but he's not nearly as athletic as advertised.

If this is not athletic then you're hopeless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNX54mCkB0

He's VERY athletic, but he's not an athletic freak. I think Sonny Weems is arguably more athletic.

Whoever called him a young vince carter or even Jason Richardson is out to lunch.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#88 » by Scase » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:53 am

ProjectChester wrote:Sighhh....Why can't we just see LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Demar. Ok then if not Gay, Dwight and Nate........THEN ITS GOTTA BE SOMTHING LIKE:

Kevin Durant
LeBron
Josh Smith

How many times does it need to be said. LEBRON IS A CRAPPY DUNKER.

Jesus he's mediocre at best and does the SAME dunk EVERY time. If anything he would water down the dunk contest just like D12 and nate did with a bunch of stupid gimmicks and no substance yet win because Stern would want him to.
Props TZ!
99 Problems
Banned User

Post#89 » by 99 Problems » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

Scase wrote:
ProjectChester wrote:Sighhh....Why can't we just see LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Demar. Ok then if not Gay, Dwight and Nate........THEN ITS GOTTA BE SOMTHING LIKE:

Kevin Durant
LeBron
Josh Smith

How many times does it need to be said. LEBRON IS A CRAPPY DUNKER.

Jesus he's mediocre at best and does the SAME dunk EVERY time. If anything he would water down the dunk contest just like D12 and nate did with a bunch of stupid gimmicks and no substance yet win because Stern would want him to.

+1... Lebron is an in game dunker.. His dunks involve speed and power.. In the middle of the game those types of dunks are very impressive and look nice... However in a dunk contest they would look terrible... Although to be fair I'm sure he can do windmills and 360's with his athleticism, however he probably doesn't have the creativity to win a dunk contest...
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#90 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:26 am

Rembokz wrote:Who Da **** Is Eric Gordon??

Are you serious bro? EG IS STRAIGHT HOOD.
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#91 » by satyr9 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 am

Seems like a pretty phenomenal chance for DD. Pull off something sick at half time of the rook/soph game to play into the dunk contest and you'll get a ton of coverage 'cause they've gotta chat and chat and now they'll have some dunks from early to show. I'd prefer 4 guys for the dunk-in as a fan, but for DD and EG this is about as large an opportunity as you're gonna get to make a name for yourself. Much easier to distinguish yourself in a one-on-one battle over the regular dunk competition when any rook or soph is usually up against at least a couple all-star if not superstar type names.
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,472

Post#92 » by Cyrus » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:57 am

Boogie! wrote:the downside to this is it limits the dunker's arsenal. he busts out nice dunks to win this one, then he has to come up with more for the next day? sucks for him.

THat's my feeling to, if you save of your crazy dunks, you might not even be in it the next day. If you do some wild ish, you'll make it, but then people will expect some even more wildness the next day, and if you don't live up to it, then you ain't gonna even make it to finals.

Tough break for Demar....

They should go back to 6 players in the dunk contest, and just have both guys in it...like the VC/Tmac year, and have top 3 move on...

You already have 5 guys, i'm sure they can get 1 more...
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#93 » by sdeezy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 am

Bulls fan here. I expect Derozan to win but some of y'all are seriously underrating Eric Gordon here. That dude is a sick athlete. He's from around my area and he was on the same AAU team with Derrick Rose early on. It was alley oop city between those 2 all the time. I'm not sure how creative he is but make no mistake, Eric can fly with the best of them
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Ogopogo
Junior
And1: 1

Post#94 » by Ogopogo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:48 am

I think if DeMar pulls out an off-backboard dunk and a simple between-the-legs he'll win it. If he do some funny stuff, he'll win it. But he has to keep the real slams in store for Saturday.
Tanking is for pussies.
LebronMJ23
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#95 » by LebronMJ23 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 am

DeRo is gonna tear the ****'n rim down! BOOK IT MOFO'S
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#96 » by HSOB SIRHC » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:50 pm

So does this mean that Demar is officially in the Rookie vs Soph game as well?
Credit to Turbozone
ShotBlocka
Junior
And1: 3

Post#97 » by ShotBlocka » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I hope Gordon gets to dunk first so then Derozan can see if he needs to pull out his best dunk or if he can save it for the Dunk contest

I also hope that this doesn't turn into the 'creative' dunk contest with ridiculous props like a muffin and candle or something, I just want to see some old school high flying dunking.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#98 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 pm

ShotBlocka wrote:I also hope that this doesn't turn into the 'creative' dunk contest with ridiculous props like a muffin and candle or something, I just want to see some old school high flying dunking.

I know what you mean, but that blowing out the candle dunk was brilliant. And hey, the Superman cape was a prop.

What i hate is how the nba insists on guys using a teammate. That seems to always result in stupid stuff...

Still I do generally agree. Too much screwing around. But ABOVE ALL guys should only get a single chance at doing their dunk. The introduction of multiple attempts was truly one of the dumbest and most aggravating rules I've ever seen introduced to a sporting event.
joeyt618
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#99 » by joeyt618 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 pm

The only worry I have for DeMar is that he won't slam it down hard enough. Players like Rudy Fernandez and Jamario Moon have incredible hops, but their dunks lack authority - simply because they don't keep their hands on the rim long enough.

I mean, just look at Nate. He's not a power dunker by any stretch of the imagination. But by hanging on and pulling the rim down after the dunk, it just looks all that much more powerful.
cb4prez
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#100 » by cb4prez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:06 pm

DD is gonna put up VC like dunks. WATCH OUT!!
Me: Good Luck tonight Chris
CB4: We don't need luck we have RASHO!! LETS NBA

Return to Toronto Raptors