ImageImageImageImageImage

Race to MVP: Bosh back in the mix

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Re: Race to MVP: Bosh back in the mix 

Post#21 » by ontnut » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 pm

MeloisMVP wrote:
pchrys3 wrote:Where's Melo? I think KD is a little high on the list. His team is a fringe playoff team.

Melo has been back for 2 games from an injury so I guess thats why

I agree about KD, but he does have some monster #'s...and they seem to give #'s more weight than actual MVP criteria at times when the teams are around .500 (see Bosh v.s Johnson or Bosh vs. Billups or Bosh vs. Melo - all three probably just as deserving as Bosh, but putting up big big numbers on a .500 team (which is easier than on a .600 team) gets more weight that putting up strong numbers on a better, more balanced team.

Also, it's highly debatable if Melo is the MVP of the Nuggets. The team can win (sometimes easily) without him, the team is in shambles without Billups. Seriously, there's not many more guys in the league who provide the offense, defense, integrity, intensity, leadership, calmness, locker-room style, and team bonding that Billups brings, and has proven himself in both Detroit and Denver that he IS that player, that leader and has a huge effect on the team he plays for (see Detroit collapse and Denver resurrection - coincidence?)
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#22 » by ontnut » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:57 pm

TrueChampion wrote:
bena2005 wrote:tim duncan on the list is wtv... hes not putting great numbers like he used to.. hes got parker richard jefferson and manu to lead the team now

Come on man, Show respect. look at his minutes and his production. Parker has foot problems and manu isnt himself either. Duncan is still carrying them in 32 mins a game and theyve been on a tear lately. Ill never understand how people under appreciate this guy so much. Guess you have to be over 15 years old to respect this guys game.

TD is still a top 10 MVP candidate in my books. Jefferson is posting career low type numbers, Parker is the same as always plus an injury, and Manu has been posted similar numbers albeit in quieter fashion than normal (hasn't had too many huge scoring games this season). Duncan for a while was posting 21, 12 and 2+ blocks on .550 shooting and career high .750 from the line. It's down a bit now because of his own injuries/illness but putting up those numbers at 30+ on a perennial 50 win team is a MVP candidate in my books...
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#23 » by Too Late Crew » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Look I think Bosh is playing great but any idea that he has any chance MVP is just stupid. If your team doesn't win 50 games you don't win MVP (unless you are moses Malone and your team wins 47 ).

You don't win MVP on a 500 team its that simple. so saying Bosh is in the MVP race on a team that's under 500 (and really hase almost no chance of winning 50 games) is pretty pointless.

He's playing at an MVP level but he's not a contender for MVP award in the NBA
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#24 » by basketball royalty » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Stupid list. Carmelo Anthony is nowhere to be seen because he missed a week of play? This is top ten MVPs of the week not for the season.
props to Turbozone for the sig

Return to Toronto Raptors