ImageImageImageImageImage

Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Re: Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton 

Post#81 » by TheDunc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am

Theres a possibility Bosh will be leaving this summer so butler could fill the scoring void left by bosh. Im not sure if a hedo/butler combo works which is why i would try to trade Hedo if the oppurtunity arises
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#82 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 am

Hope if this deal has credibility, BC can include Haywood in it. :pray:
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#83 » by Sojourn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 am

Osiris wrote:
Sojourn wrote:why arent mods locking this crap? where is little ozzy when u need him? my inside source tells me that the op resides in an institution being treated for his delusions. this kind of stuff makes our fanbase look mickey mouse.

Moreso than the types of over the top reactions you just put on display?

let me tell u why the OP is a bold faced liar- first, in any trade discussion- there are probably 4 or 5 ppl (all inner circles dudes) who would have knowledge of the discussions. these ppl are colangelo, gherandi, eversely, triano, and the the african gentlemen who's name escapes me at this moment. these 4 or 5 inner circle dudes would then bounce the particulars of the trade off a handful of accountants and lawyers to ensure that the trade made sense from legal and economic perspective.

and if these discussions ever became serious, i would imagine that agents would be notified and players alerted. however, the OP indicated the discussions were preliminary because he said both sides were going back and forth with names. therefore, its fair to summarize that a total of 8 ppl (inner circle, accountants and lawyers) would be privy to such discussions. so is it plausible that the OP has had a discussion about butler being swapped for caledron? its entirely possible but highly unlikely. why? because these 8 players would first be sworn to secrecy and they wouldnt risk their integrity in the league (with agents and their superiors) as well as their job security just to divulge the details of a trade to some random dude.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,138

Post#84 » by gp2015 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 am

If we only didn't sign Turkeydoodoo to a contract last summer.

Bargs
Bosh
Butler
DeRozan
Jack

I would love that team but as it is, having Hedo and Caron would be redundant since they play the same positions and DD would get little playing time to develop.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
A Space Cow
Senior
And1: 0

Post#85 » by A Space Cow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 am

Sojourn wrote:
Osiris wrote:
Sojourn wrote:why arent mods locking this crap? where is little ozzy when u need him? my inside source tells me that the op resides in an institution being treated for his delusions. this kind of stuff makes our fanbase look mickey mouse.

let me tell u why the OP is a bold faced liar- first, in any trade discussion- there are probably 4 or 5 ppl (all inner circles dudes) who would have knowledge of the discussions. these ppl are colangelo, gherandi, eversely, triano, and the the african gentlemen who's name escapes me at this moment. these 4 or 5 inner circle dudes would then bounce the particulars of the trade off a handful of accountants and lawyers to ensure that the trade made sense from legal and economic perspective.

and if these discussions ever became serious, i would imagine that agents would be notified and players alerted. however, the OP indicated the discussions were preliminary because he said both sides were going back and forth with names. therefore, its fair to summarize that a total of 8 ppl (inner circle, accountants and lawyers) would be privy to such discussions. so is it plausible that the OP has had a discussion about butler being swapped for caledron? its entirely possible but highly unlikely. why? because these 8 players would first be sworn to secrecy and they wouldnt risk their integrity in the league (with agents and their superiors) as well as their job security just to divulge the details of a trade to some random dude.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. It's cute how you convince yourself that your superior logic can deduce how things work though.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#86 » by jrsmith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 am

If Bc passed up on that offer, and he doesnt get a deal done because he got greedy then he is a moron.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#87 » by timdunkit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 am

Sojourn wrote:
Osiris wrote:

Somehow ... I'm 100% sure it doesn't work like that ... Scouts play a big role in trades and lower executives. I believe there was a story a while ago saying how teams would sometimes send lower level management to scope out if a team would be interested in a trade ... but if it got leaked, the GM could always deny that no such talks had happened.
raptorballa
Sophomore

Post#88 » by raptorballa » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 am

if this trade actually happens im pretty sure the line up would besomething like

Hedo/JJ/banks
derozan/wright/beli
caron/sonny
bosh/reggie
bargs/amir (if he stays)
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#89 » by dacrusha » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 am

Let's decrease DD's minutes, increase Banks' minutes and bring on a declining and aging Butler.

Sounds like a great idea.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
So Clutch
Starter
And1: 178

Post#90 » by So Clutch » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 am

Sojourn wrote:
Osiris wrote:

IIRC this guy broke some big trades, like the J.O trade fairly early. You're saying OP doesnt have the inside knowledge on trades, so I'm gonna have to ask how you know anything about the inner workings of how trades work and who specifically in the organization are privy to this knowledge.
boshville
Senior
And1: 1

Post#91 » by boshville » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 am

timdunkit wrote:
ForeveRaptorFan wrote:Im not warm on this deal...there is only so much ball to go around, and with Bosh/Hedo/Bargs and now Butler there won't be much touches for everyone.

There isn't enough ball to go around with Hedo/Bosh/Bargs/Jack/Jose but its working fine offensively. The one thing I like is that we move Hedo strictly into a point forward role and we can let Butler continue to be a scorer. It works because Butler is a scorer ... it doesn't work with Jose/Hedo because both want to handle the ball and playmake ... on any given nights someone has to give up shots though which is something I agree on ...

Hedo is a much better distributor then he is a scorer. Hedo making plays for other players make this team dangerous since we add a player that can make plays for himself in Caron. With Caron and Jack we would lose a lot of our 3 point shooting, but Bargs makes up for that. Caron has decent D, and great rebounding. He would fit perfectly in our late game rotations. Anything as long as CACK doesn't close out games.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#92 » by timdunkit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 am

dacrusha wrote:Let's decrease DD's minutes, increase Banks' minutes and bring on a declining and aging Butler.

Sounds like a great idea.

Or ... you let DD minutes stay the same and decrease Wright/Weems/Belinelli minutes. Banks minutes might increase but atleast his minutes will be limited. Butler is only one year older then Jose ...
DC5
Sophomore

Post#93 » by DC5 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:57 am

There's also the Jose for K Martin deal. I think I rather have Kmart than Burtler.
Chpwags
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#94 » by Chpwags » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 am

I can see why BC wouldn't want to give up Johnson, we wouldn't really have a legit third big with Evans injured and Rasho's decline to a situational player. I can't really see why Washington needs another young big to develop they already have two who aren't getting enough minutes. You can replace Johnson with Wright and still do that deal financially if they just want an expiring contract.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#95 » by Undefeated » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 am

I love how people say Butler would help the team rebounding when he won't. The exact same thing was said about Marion how he would help our perimeter defense and rebounding, when he didn't. The rebounding improved marginally under Marion and I imagine it'd be the same with Butler. Outside of Bargnani, we'd have no other reliable 3-PT scorer...
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#96 » by Hit Em Up » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 am

HEDO IS NOT GETTING TRADED! CAN EVERYBODY GET THIS THRU THEIR HEADS!

BC just signed this guy to a 5 year contract and if you think hes gonna trade him half a year into it ur an idiot.. Hedo also has a trade kicker

I wouldnt mind taking Crittenton.. its not like hes gonna get any minutes anyways..
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#97 » by Joga_Bonito » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 am

For those of you that are proposing Hedo in trades..remmeber one thing, Hedo has a trade kicker. Do you actually think he will accept a trade to WAS..a team that's not even close to being in the playoff hunt? I don't think so.
Paperclip
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by Paperclip » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:01 am

Why does WAS want a young big to play 40 games? Since someone mentioned Amir is unrestricted free agent, he would be included to make salaries match or something? Couldn`t we throw someone else their way then?

Couldn`t we do the trade and then sign Amir in the summer?
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#99 » by TheDunc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:01 am

I love caron butler, Derozan can go back to a 6th man role. When caron's contract is finished Demar will be ready to take on big minutes. This is a great trade, you take this and run.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#100 » by Hendrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:01 am

The Notic wrote:caron butler sucks, timdunkit. i think lost in all the jose hate is just how bad butler has been this season.

Imo, we need talent. And multi-dimentional talent at that. Players that can defend, rebound, pass, and score.

We arn't going to get a player like that when he's currently playing at the top of his game. Atleast unless we give up another really talented player. Nabbing a player that has the potential to turn into exactly what we need on the cheap is a pretty solid option imo. Especially if we're recieving the better contract in return that doesn;t have a ton of time left on it.

Caron is very good defensivly, and I'de be glad to get him for Calderon, and an extra peice (although i'de like to keep Amir). Maybe he'd jsut have a problem with the new coach's system in Washington, and thrive here. If not, it wouldn;t be the end of the world as Calderon isn't exaclly huge value to us.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???

Return to Toronto Raptors