ImageImageImageImageImage

POB formspring

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

echoblaze
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: POB formspring 

Post#61 » by echoblaze » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 pm

to all the people that are saying "don't feed the trolls", you're technically right

but apparently POB is using the trolls to vent, so he actually does want to feed the trolls. in any case, he gets to control what gets displayed or not, so it's not like it'd be an uncontrollable flamewar
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#62 » by draft » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:06 pm

POB sounds intelligent, but really he wouldn't be in the nba if he wasn't a mobile 7 footer. He's a millionaire because he hit the jackpot with his height. It's not like he became a millionaire through entrepreneurship or intelligence.

I'm not supporting the trolls, but the way people are defending POB in this thread is not the greatest argument to counter them with.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#63 » by Spicy P » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Raptor/LakerFan wrote:some people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). It`s clearly kids doing this **** because why would anyone else say these things, this guy is in the NBA so he already achieved more than 99% of us ever will. He`s still young and he has a chance to be a good player. I think it`s disgusting how stupid some people are.

Wow, what an achievement. Being blessed with good genes. Being 7 foot tall and athletic. The guy needs to stop comparing himself to these random trolls on the internet and start comparing himself to the other players in the NBA, because that's who he's competing with.
Candide
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Candide » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 pm

some pretty hilarious ones:

Do you guys usually remember fan faces? Like say people who stayed in line Everyday to meet you after practice in Ottawa

no

Whats it like being a stupid co__?

racism? really? thats so 1860s

Since Assassin's Creed is one of your favs. Who is better, Altair or Enzio? by Ejkiewicz

dot remember the game like that

pob u my ****

thanks didnt need to say it 3 times tho

:rofl:
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#65 » by Lionel Messi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 am

Q: Do the coaches ask you to suck Bosh's dick?

A: no but i bet u would....

That made me burst into laughter :rofl:
Lionel Messi
Banned User

Post#66 » by Lionel Messi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
Raptor/LakerFan wrote:some people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). It`s clearly kids doing this **** because why would anyone else say these things, this guy is in the NBA so he already achieved more than 99% of us ever will. He`s still young and he has a chance to be a good player. I think it`s disgusting how stupid some people are.

Wow, what an achievement. Being blessed with good genes. Being 7 foot tall and athletic. The guy needs to stop comparing himself to these random trolls on the internet and start comparing himself to the other players in the NBA, because that's who he's competing with.

He also compared himself to every player his height that was undrafted or didnt stick aound the league or had to play in europe.
Sikandar
Junior
And1: 1

Post#67 » by Sikandar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:50 am

For those who know how hard it is to get to the NBA, this is pretty funny.. if you have the skill to even be a bench warmer in the NBA, you were a SUPERSTAR in every basketball league you've ever played in up to that point. People paid to watch you play, you were trusted with the ball in crunch time, etc.. you played at a level that few people in your league even touch. There's thousands of players who were very good NCAA players that are playing in some international league now or working a totally irrelevant 9-5 job, who would give anything to be in POB's shoes right now. POB knows that because a lot of them are his friends probably, so I doubt it gets to him too much.
Nostradunkus
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#68 » by Nostradunkus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 am

Fact is hes got 0 basketball skill and the only reason he's in the NBA is height and luck. Almost nothing to do with what he's actually set out to accomplish. Theres are thousands of players just as crappy as POB waiting to bottom feed off the NBA from the euroleagues and he should consider himself lucky hes one of them. Obviousley he doesnt, thinks hes more important that he is and is flaming on the internet comparing himself to fans as a measureing stick to his basketball worth. Now thats pathetic.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#69 » by will » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Nostradunkus wrote:Fact is hes got 0 basketball skill and the only reason he's in the NBA is height and luck. Almost nothing to do with what he's actually set out to accomplish. Theres are thousands of players just as crappy as POB waiting to bottom feed off the NBA from the euroleagues and he should consider himself lucky hes one of them. Obviousley he doesnt, thinks hes more important that he is and is flaming on the internet comparing himself to fans as a measureing stick to his basketball worth. Now thats pathetic.

This is exactly it. You're hating on him. He's making millions while you make these posts :lol:

0 basketball skill? He did something right to get drafted pretty high in the first round. I'd really like to see if you make it to the NBA.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#70 » by J-Roc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

You have to have basketball skills to get into the NBA. To be drafted 9th overall!! Even when he's played, we can see he can hit NBA jumpshots. And it's hard to judge the rest of his game if he never gets PT. All players need PT to get better. To call it all luck is not correct.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#71 » by Lord Eder » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Does bargnani eat pasta all day like on da commercials?
actually he does eat a lot of pasta

:laugh:
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Nostradunkus
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#72 » by Nostradunkus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

will wrote:
Nostradunkus wrote:Fact is hes got 0 basketball skill and the only reason he's in the NBA is height and luck. Almost nothing to do with what he's actually set out to accomplish. Theres are thousands of players just as crappy as POB waiting to bottom feed off the NBA from the euroleagues and he should consider himself lucky hes one of them. Obviousley he doesnt, thinks hes more important that he is and is flaming on the internet comparing himself to fans as a measureing stick to his basketball worth. Now thats pathetic.

This is exactly it. You're hating on him. He's making millions while you make these posts :lol:

0 basketball skill? He did something right to get drafted pretty high in the first round. I'd really like to see if you make it to the NBA.

Im not going to diminish the work he put in to get where he is, ok I am, he didnt do anything right, he got natural gifts that he just wastes and with a little luck got noticed and drafted and his foot in the door. Luck. Which he doesnt seem to appreciate with the way he's talking.

Were talking 13th man on the bench. Guys that far down your roster can easily be replaced with any NBDL or Euroleague scrub , the talent differentce that deep in the roster is slim to none and basically a crap chute. He should consder himself lucky he's benefiting from real players that came before him who are paying his current salary because of salary caps and other artificial limits thats given the freedloaders an easy day.

Wether your making 2 million in the NBA being the 13th man, or on welfare smoking dope playing video games all day, you are freeloading off the system doing nothing for your money and should be greatful for your ability to do so.
Lionel Messi
Banned User

Post#73 » by Lionel Messi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:07 pm

POB was the best player on his college team. He has a solid post game as well and really knew how to use his length and good touch around the basket.

He has NBA skill as well as an NBA body ok. Sun Ming Ming is 7'9 and he never even came close to the NBA. How come? because he had no f'n skill.

You're underestimating how hard it is for a man his size to have such a soft touch and a good jumpshot. That takes a lot of skill, that's what makes players like dirk and andrea so special.

He's obviously not nearly as god as them but he's in the NBA.
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#74 » by dillio » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I love that there are e-thugs threatening him by name dropping Malvern and Jane and Finch and POB doesn't even know what those places are.
BeNicePlz
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#75 » by BeNicePlz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 pm

This ish is hilarious.

Any chance u could get me an autographed Chris bosh, demar derozan, hedo turkoglu, and Jose calderon game used jerseys?

ya we dont need jerseys for anything. u want me to hand deliver em too? ****ALERT**** file this question under stupid

Stop pretending like you know math. We all know you only know how to count to five cuz that's the most minutes you'll see in a game.

actually its 5 as in 5 million as in the amount of money ive made in 4 yrs....wat did u make?

Don't encourage the haters. Real question, if the Raps traded for Steve Nash, would you give him Number 13?

nope. lol
Seebs
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#76 » by Seebs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I've been following his responses. He's very genuine. He clearly doesn't like being a bench player, but he'll let people know, "hey, I'm in the NBA and you're not" and it's SO TRUE!!! I mean, he only points that out to the haters of course. He never ventures around in TO, just goes to certain restaurants, in Chinatown. And he's HUGE into playing Call of Duty. I imagine he's got nothing else to do with his time.

I have him on Xbox live as a friend and ive seen on COD: Modern Warfare 2 a lot. Heck, i could even join his party and chat with him but i dont want to unless im playing MW2 with him.
He's on there a lot too, and goes on til like 3am a lot.

what is his xbox gamertag? i want to add him
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#77 » by Tofubeque » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 pm

You'd think the Raptors organisation would ask him to tone it down a bit, but maybe they're not even paying attention.
props Turbozone
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 428

Post#78 » by MacDaddy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Nostradunkus wrote:Im not going to diminish the work he put in to get where he is, ok I am, he didnt do anything right, he got natural gifts that he just wastes and with a little luck got noticed and drafted and his foot in the door. Luck. Which he doesnt seem to appreciate with the way he's talking.

Were talking 13th man on the bench. Guys that far down your roster can easily be replaced with any NBDL or Euroleague scrub , the talent differentce that deep in the roster is slim to none and basically a crap chute. He should consder himself lucky he's benefiting from real players that came before him who are paying his current salary because of salary caps and other artificial limits thats given the freedloaders an easy day.

Wether your making 2 million in the NBA being the 13th man, or on welfare smoking dope playing video games all day, you are freeloading off the system doing nothing for your money and should be greatful for your ability to do so.

Wow.

Are you really this stupid?

Do you really believe that you can even be the 13th man on an NBA team without putting as much or more effort than you have probably put into anything in your sad little life? Even if you're 7 feet tall you don't just fall out of bed and get an NBA contract.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#79 » by J-Roc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Seebs wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I've been following his responses. He's very genuine. He clearly doesn't like being a bench player, but he'll let people know, "hey, I'm in the NBA and you're not" and it's SO TRUE!!! I mean, he only points that out to the haters of course. He never ventures around in TO, just goes to certain restaurants, in Chinatown. And he's HUGE into playing Call of Duty. I imagine he's got nothing else to do with his time.

I have him on Xbox live as a friend and ive seen on COD: Modern Warfare 2 a lot. Heck, i could even join his party and chat with him but i dont want to unless im playing MW2 with him.
He's on there a lot too, and goes on til like 3am a lot.

what is his xbox gamertag? i want to add him

http://www.formspring.me/13POB13/q/75837315

On the left side, it shows MR POB 13, so I guess add underscores.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#80 » by LLJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Most people here wouldn't even be the best player on their high school basketball team.

Even the worst NBA player were really good college players or international players. Some of them just suck because they're not at the highest level, but when compared to peons like us they should absolutely OWN.

Return to Toronto Raptors