ImageImageImageImageImage

PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lucky 24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,303

Re: PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years 

Post#441 » by Lucky 24 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

Amon wrote:Those boo's when Hedo were shooting free throws were loud. Never knew there were that many Laker fans in Toronto. I like the Lakers and all but common peepz support your own team at home.

Uhhh...those were people chanting Hedoooooo....I'm sure the 1000 or so laker fans were yelling boo, but the 18000 Raps fans were easily outchanting them with the hedoooooooo.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Re: bargnani defense... 

Post#442 » by Live Free » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

Seems like we're getting a thread about it after every game. He's improving let it be or you might jinx it
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Re: NBA.com Lakers/Raptors Recap "Was that a foul? Tough call." 

Post#443 » by Major_9000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 am

We win and ALL they talk about is the Lakers...That was a Very Laker nut hugger recap...It was clearly a foul AND They didn't even show the Bargs reverse dunk...NBA.com is lame
Marlowe
Senior
And1: 63

Post#444 » by Marlowe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 am

Anyone see Cabbie's interview of Kobe? "Greatest player in world"? A little too much love there. His schtick has become passe.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#445 » by Homer Jay » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 am

Jesus, after winning the opening night Cavs game, and then this one? Stern is on the phone to the Supervisor of Officials right now, "Somebody getting fired tonight!"
Major_9000
Bench Warmer
And1: 13

Post#446 » by Major_9000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 am

Tofubeque wrote:
ghuytro wrote:I like how they were trying to use that Varajao foul as an example of a "tough call".

Varajao got frickin sandwiched between 2 Laker players which restricted his movement to go for the rebound and his arm was held.

:lol:

Yes but it was against the Lakers.

The commentary was horrible, Varajao got mugged...Artest had an armlock on the guy for pete's sake.
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#447 » by Upgrayedd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 am

Major_9000 wrote:We win and ALL they talk about is the Lakers...That was a Very Laker nut hugger recap...It was clearly a foul AND They didn't even show the Bargs reverse dunk...NBA.com is lame

You know come to think of it outside of the Bosh fadeaway and the Hedo free throws did they even show any Raptor plays in that highlight package?
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#448 » by CapeCrusader » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 am

Could of gone either way, were lucky they called it cuz with that much time on the clock thats a 2/10 chance they call it.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#449 » by Undefeated » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 am

Hedo got tripped by Artest.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Maru
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#450 » by Maru » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 am

Major_9000 wrote:We win and ALL they talk about is the Lakers...That was a Very Laker nut hugger recap...It was clearly a foul AND They didn't even show the Bargs reverse dunk...NBA.com is lame

I find they do that a lot... We'll win a game and 10 out of 12 offensive plays they'll cap will be for the losing team.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#451 » by 99 Problems » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 am

Marlowe wrote:Anyone see Cabbie's interview of Kobe? "Greatest player in world"? A little too much love there. His schtick has become passe.

It got old when he gave Kobe matching pajamas and sat in a car with him wearing a shirt that said 'Lovers'....
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,787
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#452 » by Boogie! » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 am

was a foul, artest whacks his arm. but based on turk's wild drives, i was scared as hell on that play. he had bargs and jack wide open, safer play would've been to kick it back out. glad he got the call and nailed the fts though.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
terrybali
Freshman
And1: 74

Re: bargnani defense... 

Post#453 » by terrybali » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 am

I was at game and Bargs was great....on the dunk the play before Bynum had
backed him down and scored and easy hoop...bargs roars down floor and gets a
great dunk and comes back on defense and they go to Bynum again and this time he forces
him on a bad shot...this guy is really becoming a player.

In my opinion continued Bargs development is the only real hope we have to get Bosh
to stay...if Bargs continues Bosh will believe we can build a championship team here
and stay as the number 1 guy....if he slides back then Bosh leaves. The good news is
I think Bargs is really starting to beleive in himself and I honestly have gone from
sceptic to a huge fan...I think he has huge upside.
mtamasi
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#454 » by mtamasi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 am

KJS1508 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
mtamasi wrote:lots of Kobe fans because he's Kobe Bryant and he's one of the best ball players EVER. personally, i don't like him much but if you're a ball fan he's a good one to cheer for

Exactly. I don't understand the fans on this board. They complain about how the Raptors don't try or give a ****, and here we have one of the greatest players ever to play the game, a guy who's known for being a very hard worker, a guy who keeps adding to his game in his 30s, and is known for being one of the most competitive players in any sport. You're wondering why he has fans? I question those who can't appreciate great basketball, not those who actually understand who the greats are. Isn't someone who plays like Kobe Bryant, the reason why we watch sports in the first place?

I would say, the Lakers are easily this city's second favourite team. You never see this kind of split in the crowd for any other team, and it's all because most fans can appreciate the type of player Kobe Bryant is.

Of all the other teams I like the Laker but its kinda ridiculous how many bandwagon fans they have. These same fans would never make it out too the ACC if the Lakers were sucking it up. I wish basketball was like soccer stadiums at times. If you cheer for the opposing team you would get your ass whopped.

Lakers = Yankees = Cowboys = Leafs = Canadiens = Patriots = Red Wings = Celtics = Bulls = Braves (90's), etc........ it's just the way it is. everybody is a fan for their own reasons. went to a game against the Celtics with a Boston fan and it was great. everybody was busting his balls and he was giving it right back. that's why being a sports fan rocks.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#455 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 am

They are the defending champs. Anyways, I think it was a lucky call and I am glad it was in our favour and not the other way around. I'm not sure that is a foul at any point of a game but mos def not with 1 sec left. Again, I am glad the call was made, just calling a spade a spade.

EDIT: With Varejao there is clearly an armhold going on by Artest. Don't know if that is the sort of thing that is called late in games either but if the refs see it he should call it.
props to Turbozone for the sig
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,976

Post#456 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:27 am

ghuytro wrote:I like how they were trying to use that Varajao foul as an example of a "tough call".

Varajao got frickin sandwiched between 2 Laker players which restricted his movement to go for the rebound and his arm was held.

:lol:

Yeah, the best was the quote "tough call" with the close-up of Artest's arm locked around Varajao and then clawing him with his other hand.
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#457 » by itbobby007 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 am

Merged into PG thread. Already posted there earlier - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=979912&start=405#p22058911
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#458 » by Marvin! » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 am

danny-callahan wrote:I'm pretty sure the only female poster is boshprincess, but there are times I think its an act.

i know for a fact that there are a number of female posters on this board, because I've met some of them. The reason they keep low profiles is so that they can talk basketball in peace without immature teens asking them what size their boobies are, asking to see photos or telling them how cool they are because they are 'chicks who like ball'
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#459 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:31 am

itbobby007 wrote:Merged into PG thread. Already posted there earlier - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=979912&start=405#p22058911

Probably should have been merged into the Hedo coming out of a slump thread. GT seems to be talking about some completely different stuff.

Just a suggestion, not backseat modding or anything.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,528

Post#460 » by Brinbe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 am

:lol: Sort of surprised that people were surprised by the total love for the Lakers. Toronto is and always has been a bandwagon town, in every sport. The Laker fans of today, are sort of like the Magic/Bulls/Knicks fans of old. Of course, it's a bit different since we actually have a team now, but I'm still not surprised, especially since our Toronto teams mostly freaking suck right now.

Return to Toronto Raptors