ImageImageImageImageImage

PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mtamasi
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Re: PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years 

Post#461 » by mtamasi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 am

99 Problems wrote:
mtamasi wrote:
lol i got your joke 99, it made me laugh. good post, i'm assuming you were referring to the # of female posters thread that was locked recently, see reading does help... but now you have the religious posters after you too lol. you know what they say about politics and religion...

btw, to all the female posters readers out there in Raptors RealGM land, women that follow ball are wicked cool. i would say chicks cos that's the way i speak in the real world but at this time it'd be as inappropriate as some sort of bad "gang" activities joke... sorry JDilla lol, just having fun at your expense

Ya man, people are too touchy around here... Its just a forum, no need to take everything so seriously.. Now poor J Dilla is branded as a male chauvinist and I'm some kind of villain myself..

hahaha, how do you think i feel? i'm Canadian through and through but because of RealGM i'm not proud of my Italian heritage... stupid Bargnani for the first few years, you killed me man, lol. he's money though now so i'm happy.

btw just watched the end of the game again and they look like they're maturing as a team. they're still inconsistent but they'll get there. big win, @ Miami would be just as big if not bigger.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#462 » by Throwback24 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 am

Brinbe wrote::lol: Sort of surprised that people were surprised by the total love for the Lakers. Toronto is and always has been a bandwagon town, in every sport. The Laker fans of today, are sort of like the Magic/Bulls/Knicks fans of old. Of course, it's a bit different since we actually have a team now, but I'm still not surprised, especially since our Toronto teams mostly freaking suck right now.

Maple Leaf Fans don't tolerate bandwagoning. We shouldn't either, put your foot down
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#463 » by ghuytro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 am

Time to invade the LA Times post-game commentary?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... l#comments
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Re: NBA.com Lakers/Raptors Recap "Was that a foul? Tough call." 

Post#464 » by itbobby007 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 am

basketball royalty wrote:
itbobby007 wrote:Merged into PG thread. Already posted there earlier - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=979912&start=405#p22058911

Probably should have been merged into the Hedo coming out of a slump thread. GT seems to be talking about some completely different stuff.

Just a suggestion, not backseat modding or anything.

You are right....I can't unmerge now. :(
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Re: NBA.com Lakers/Raptors Recap "Was that a foul? Tough call." 

Post#465 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 am

itbobby007 wrote:
itbobby007 wrote:Merged into PG thread. Already posted there earlier - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=979912&start=405#p22058911

Probably should have been merged into the Hedo coming out of a slump thread. GT seems to be talking about some completely different stuff.

Just a suggestion, not backseat modding or anything.

You are right....I can't unmerge now. :(

Thats cool. Probably what the ref told Kobe after the Hedo foul call too.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#466 » by Too Late Crew » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 am

I have that final drive by Hedo cued up on the DVR and after watching it in slow motion several times is indisputable that on that drive that Gasol's left hand starts on Turks right (shooting) elbow and slides up onto his shoulder as he goes to the hoop. By definiton that is foul. I don't know how people can call it a BS foul.
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#467 » by itbobby007 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 am

lol, :)
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#468 » by Brinbe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 am

Throwback24 wrote:
Brinbe wrote::lol: Sort of surprised that people were surprised by the total love for the Lakers. Toronto is and always has been a bandwagon town, in every sport. The Laker fans of today, are sort of like the Magic/Bulls/Knicks fans of old. Of course, it's a bit different since we actually have a team now, but I'm still not surprised, especially since our Toronto teams mostly freaking suck right now.

Maple Leaf Fans don't tolerate bandwagoning. We shouldn't either, put your foot down

I didn't say I like it, I don't. Just the reality of things. Hell, once the Raps, Jays, or even Leafs start really winning again (God willing, I hope it happens) the massive bandwagon/fair-weather force in this city will come out in droves for those teams too.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#469 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 am

Too Late Crew wrote:I have that final drive by Hedo cued up on the DVR and after watching it in slow motion several times is indisputable that on that drive that Gasol's left hand starts on Turks right (shooting) elbow and slides up onto his shoulder as he goes to the hoop. By definiton that is foul. I don't know how people can call it a BS foul.

Sorry, just don't see it. I mean if I were at the game I would have seen it that way until the ref blows his whistle but I can be real after the game. We got lucky. To be honest even if there was more contact then I think there was, are calls like that made this late in a 1 point game? Again, lucky.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#470 » by Too Late Crew » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 am

Too Late Crew wrote:I have that final drive by Hedo cued up on the DVR and after watching it in slow motion several times is indisputable that on that drive that Gasol's left hand starts on Turks right (shooting) elbow and slides up onto his shoulder as he goes to the hoop. By definiton that is foul. I don't know how people can call it a BS foul.

Sorry, just don't see it. I mean if I were at the game I would have seen it that way until the ref blows his whistle but I can be real after the game. We got lucky. To be honest even if there was more contact then I think there was, are calls like that made this late in a 1 point game? Again, lucky.

Did you watch the replay? Was Gasols hand on his shooting arm or not? People bitch constantly about the refs not calling what the rules say is foul a foul. Here they called an obvious foul a foul. There isn't anything in the rulebook about fouls depending on the time on the clock.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#471 » by djsunyc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:04 am

gasol put his hand on hedo's right shoulder and pull him back.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#472 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 am

Too Late Crew wrote:

Did you watch the replay? Was Gasols hand on his shooting arm or not? People bitch constantly about the refs not calling what the rules say is foul a foul. Here they called an obvious foul a foul. There isn't anything in the rulebook about fouls depending on the time on the clock.

I've watched it quite a few times, specifically looking for trips and shoulder grabs like you guys seem to have seen, IDK just don't see anything that blatant. Again, I am very happy the call was made though.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#473 » by dagger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 am

Attendance at the game was 20,111. And the crowd was fantastic.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
kingkao
Rookie
And1: 77

Post#474 » by kingkao » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 am

I am looking at the video as well and I don't see the foul at all. I am happy it was made, but looks like a good euro flop.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#475 » by SuigintouEV » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 am

great game
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#476 » by ghuytro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 am

Sportsnet highlights so far:

Saints/Vikings
Jets/Colts
Colorado/Dallas
Pittsburgh/Philadelphia
Bruins/Hurricanes
Story about Sheldon Souray leaving the Oilers
Oilers skills competition
Flames/Blues bumper
Review of Canucks/Blackhawks game from Saturday night
Raptors/Lakers highlights with horrible flow and errors - no post game comments or anything

At least Evanka Osmak was hosting (is it ok to mention a female host on a sports program?)
rapsfan8
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#477 » by rapsfan8 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:25 am

One thing is clear from watching this game is that the Lakers might be in trouble if they don't get an upgrade at PG. Farmer is a pretty good backup, but Fisher is done. They desperately need a new PG.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#478 » by EventHorizon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 am

dagger wrote:Attendance at the game was 20,111. And the crowd was fantastic.

Isn't that above standard sellout figures?
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#479 » by Clutch Carter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 am

Couple of thoughts:

Bargs: 3pt shot was wayyy off, solid game otherwise, great d in the 2nd half.
Bosh: solid overall game, grabbed some big boards near the end
Belli: kept us in it, we really *need* to develop this kid, so much potential
Jack: quickly becoming the heart of this team.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#480 » by Geddy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:34 am

People complaining about bandwagon fans at Raptors game have probably never been to a Jays game when the Yankees or Red Sox are in town. I used to think they were just people who made the road trip from the US, but now know that many of them are just bandwagon locals from the GTA.

EventHorizon wrote:
dagger wrote:Attendance at the game was 20,111. And the crowd was fantastic.

Isn't that above standard sellout figures?

I think they squeeze a few more people into the boxes, and i'm not sure if they let people in for standing room only.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually

Return to Toronto Raptors