ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to end the Victory Girl threads?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Keep the Victory Girl threads?

No
44%
Yes, if people can keep it clean
56%

Total votes: 198

Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Re: Time to end the Victory Girl threads? 

Post#101 » by Rhettmatic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm

99 Problems wrote:Here we go again, another topic turning into a pseudo-intellectual debate.. Can't you all see you're being manipulated by the mods? They're pitting you against each other and laughing as warnings and suspensions turn into bans, and they continue their despotic campaign to purge the board of all dissenters and free thinking men... In their mansions they laugh as the mass of proletariat posters destroy each other in a sick game of divide and conquer... They won't get to me though, I'm on to them.. I already know they have informants... I just have to figure out which mod is the one pulling the strings...Did you know Schadenfreude drives a Rolls Royce Phantom? Or that Rhettmatic has several lake-side villas? What about the fact that Yuri Vaultin recently purchased a Boeing 747? Oh yes my friends, this is only the tip of the iceberg... It is time for us to rise up and fight these bourgeois villains so we can usher in a new era, a glorious era of the RealGM Raptors Board that will be unlike any ever seen before.. Join me, my brothers..

How did you know about my place in Lake Como?
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#102 » by The Notic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Veggamattic wrote:I think these threads are fairly stupid and useless but I do not agree with banning them. Political correctness is for cowards, the brainwashed and the general simpletons of society and nothing good ever comes from censorship.

Allow people to choose the threads they want to read and don't make choices for them.

To the OP: I'll guarantee that even though you say you were offended you opened the thread anyway. Why...because there is something wrong with your brain. You can't mind your own business and leave others to think for themselves. You are the one who is offensive.

^ top 5 poster here.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#103 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Legal Non-Conforming wrote:Why don't you ask the women who participate in the forum how they feel? Or did it never occur to most of you that there are women here.

Lets ask this...as a guy lets say you are on a forum with 99.9% women and you. Would you want them to take down there Victory Boy thread because it offended you. No...because I doubt you would be that self centered.

Let people enjoy what they like and stop being a busy body.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#104 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 pm

There is political correctness, and then there is allowing boorish animals to behave with no respect for anything. People have been repeatedly asked to not act like crass fools within those threads, and yet repeatedly it happens. If people refuse to act with any sort of respect for the OP and believe that things like gang rape is acceptable and should not be censored, then I don't know what else to say other than this isn't the forum for you. If you don't like it, tough ****. This isn't a hot girl forum, and the admins frown on the posting of racy images. Obviously racy is subjective, but let's just say that their opinions are much more conservative than many, especially the vocal ones here.

The idea that people are getting caught up in the whole Victory Boy/Girl is amusing, because that completely misses the point and clearly identifies what the issue is. And that is the thread is designed to identify who the player of the game is. The associated "reward", Girl, Boy, Hammer, First Star etc should not be the focal point of the thread and yet the Girl, and the crass comments made about her, have become just that.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Nothingface
Assistant Coach

Post#105 » by Nothingface » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Veggamattic wrote:I think these threads are fairly stupid and useless but I do not agree with banning them. Political correctness is for cowards, the brainwashed and the general simpletons of society and nothing good ever comes from censorship.

Allow people to choose the threads they want to read and don't make choices for them.

To the OP: I'll guarantee that even though you say you were offended you opened the thread anyway. Why...because there is something wrong with your brain. You can't mind your own business and leave others to think for themselves. You are the one who is offensive.

You are wrong. What a worthless guarantee.

I only knew about what happened in the VG thread because J Dilla brought it up in the post game thread.

All I did was state my opinion. You find that offensive? How is that telling others what to think?

I look forward to your response.

I didn't even make the poll, someone else added it.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#106 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

The Notic wrote:

^ top 5 poster here.

Thanks for the love dude..

Hey mods! Ban people that are crass and inconsiderate...don't ban threads.
Legal Non-Conforming
Sixth Man
And1: 388

Post#107 » by Legal Non-Conforming » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Veggamattic wrote:
Legal Non-Conforming wrote:Why don't you ask the women who participate in the forum how they feel? Or did it never occur to most of you that there are women here.

Lets ask this...as a guy lets say you are on a forum with 99.9% women and you. Would you want them to take down there Victory Boy thread because it offended you. No...because I doubt you would be that self centered.

Busy body? Do you ever actually go to Raptors games or do you just sit in your parents basement and masturbate? Did you ever notice how many women go to the games? Or does it just not compute in your brain that women actually follow basketball? Sorry, mods, I consider myself warned--but this poster is promoting mob rule.
“The North Remembers"
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#108 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Nothingface wrote:

You are wrong. What a worthless guarantee.

I only knew about what happened in the VG thread because J Dilla brought it up in the post game thread.

All I did was state my opinion. You find that offensive? How is that telling others what to think?

I look forward to your response.

I didn't even make the poll, someone else added it.

I don't want to fight with you but I just don't believe you. What offends me is that society has turned out too many people that want to tell others what choices to make because they watched too much Oprah in there past.

I just have a free spirited and free thinking mentality and I never try to impose my morality on others.
Hummus
Senior
And1: 1

Post#109 » by Hummus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Legal Non-Conforming wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

Busy body? Do you ever actually go to Raptors games or do you just sit in your parents basement and masturbate? Did you ever notice how many women go to the games? Or does it just not compute in your brain that women actually follow basketball? Sorry, mods, I consider myself warned--but this poster is promoting mob rule.

What is with the personal attacks? You are obviously frustrated by the fact that Veggamattic is articulating himself and making a strong case, while the "ban the victory girl" lobby is flubbing it.

Your arguement in this case is extremely weak. Yes, at the game there are lots of girls. But there are also lots of suits, lots of children under 10, lots of elderly people. These are not the "hardcores" that are posting messages about the management of personnel on an online forum.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#110 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Legal Non-Conforming wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

There are almost no females that on this board in case you didn't know. I moved out from my parents in the 70's guy. Mob rule...thats funny. This is a message board dude. What is the danger? What are you afraid of? If you don't like just click next.
redjediknight
Junior
And1: 0

Post#111 » by redjediknight » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Veggamattic wrote:
Legal Non-Conforming wrote:Lets ask this...as a guy lets say you are on a forum with 99.9% women and you. Would you want them to take down there Victory Boy thread because it offended you. No...because I doubt you would be that self centered.

@Veggamattic: If we are going to have Victory Boys, we wouldn't be as crude and as degrading some posters here.
@Legal Non-Conforming: In defense, most women out there don't bother posting here on RealGM or some of them are only casual fans. But yes, there are some women out there who appreciates basketball than the guy beside her.
Greater things are yet to come.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by Nothingface » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Veggamattic wrote:
I don't want to fight with you but I just don't believe you. What offends me is that society has turned out too many people that want to tell others what choices to make because they watched too much Oprah in there past.

I just have a free spirited and free thinking mentality and I never try to impose my morality on others.

What a cop-out.

I am still waiting for you to explain how I am telling people what to think. I assume when I state my opinion, people take it as such, and make their own decisions. That is free thinking if you ask me.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#113 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Nothingface wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

What a cop-out.

I am still waiting for you to explain how I am telling people what to think. I assume when I state my opinion, people take it as such, and make their own decisions. That is free thinking if you ask me.

Why are you trying to change something that some others like when you could just ignore it categorically by not clicking on the labeled thread.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#114 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm

redjediknight wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
Legal Non-Conforming wrote:Lets ask this...as a guy lets say you are on a forum with 99.9% women and you. Would you want them to take down there Victory Boy thread because it offended you. No...because I doubt you would be that self centered.

@Veggamattic: If we are going to have Victory Boys, we wouldn't be as crude and as degrading some posters here.
@Legal Non-Conforming: In defense, most women out there don't bother posting here on RealGM or some of them are only casual fans. But yes, there are some women out there who appreciates basketball than the guy beside her.

I think you missed my point or else I just don't understand yours.
redjediknight
Junior

Post#115 » by redjediknight » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Veggamattic wrote:I think you missed my point or else I just don't understand yours.

What was your point exactly?
Greater things are yet to come.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#116 » by J-Roc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Unfortunately we cannot live in a society with no rules. We cannot live in a system where "if you don't like it, don't look at it". Suddenly a mod would need to decide within the thread whether a comment is innocent or not. By setting a hard rule like saying no VG threads, it's a lot easier on everyone. And on top of that, there is no relevance to a "Victory Girl". Could have a Victory Food thread. Only reason for the girl reference is for the OP to post a picture of a girl he thinks is hot, to see if others agree and give him props.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#117 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

My point is I don't like censorship! Especially based on morality. I you're not interested in something...ignore it and leave those who are alone.
delija
Sophomore

Post#118 » by delija » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Nothingface wrote:Personally, I find them offensive.

The concept that a player "gets" the girl like she is some spoil of war is crass.

And of course, some of the things posted don't help.

I think it's time to end the Victory Girl threads.

....you live in your moms basement don't you, building that super computer that you have always dreamed of?

am i right or am i right?

Warning for personal attack.
Glory Glory Man United!

Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#119 » by Veggamattic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm

J-Roc wrote: Suddenly a mod would need to decide within the thread whether a comment is innocent or not.

I understand this point...sort of... but isn't that what they do to all posts? Why is this one different just because some others don't like it.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#120 » by J-Roc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Veggamattic wrote:
J-Roc wrote: Suddenly a mod would need to decide within the thread whether a comment is innocent or not.

I understand this point...sort of... but isn't that what they do to all posts? Why is this one different just because some others don't like it.

They should only be expected to decide if a basketball comment is worthy or not. Like when I wrote that MLSE will lose seasons ticket sales if Bosh leaves, that was determined to be worthy of a warning. Luckily I was able to learn how I was wrong and was able to repent. But do I want a mod warning me because I mention a girl is not my type?

Return to Toronto Raptors