ImageImageImageImageImage

Who is our best shooter?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Who is our best shooter?

Chris Bosh
10%
Andrea Bargnani
38%
Marco
13%
Jose
36%
Hedo
1%
JJ
1%
Other (Really, there is no other)
1%

Total votes: 121

Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: Who is our best shooter? 

Post#41 » by Avenger » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Hedo is most certainly not our best shooter, not even in the top 5. The guy is a career 38.5% from 3 and he has only hit 40%+ two times in his 10 year career. He's also played with some dominant players so he's gotten much better looks than the average player.

I would go with something like this:

Overall Shooting: Calderon
Midrange: Calderon
Corners: Jack
Range: Bargnani
Consistent(very few cold streaks): Bosh
Catch and Shoots coming off of picks: Bargnani
outrageous shots: Belinelli, does this guy ever make normal spot up shots?
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,409

Post#42 » by Lateral Quicks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Alex English.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
Pearljam
Junior
And1: 15

Post#43 » by Pearljam » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Calderon or Bargs.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#44 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Avenger wrote:Hedo is most certainly not our best shooter, not even in the top 5. The guy is a career 38.5% from 3 and he has only hit 40%+ two times in his 10 year career. He's also played with some dominant players so he's gotten much better looks than the average player.

I would go with something like this:

Overall Shooting: Calderon
Midrange: Calderon
Corners: Jack
Range: Bargnani
Consistent(very few cold streaks): Bosh
Catch and Shoots coming off of picks: Bargnani
outrageous shots: Belinelli, does this guy ever make normal spot up shots?

Maybe you have a point but im talking about shooting touch and that "pure shooter" quality that not many possess. He does have it, he just takes much harder shots than most people.

Anyhow, i would say Bosh is our best midrange shooter.
supaSPED
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#45 » by supaSPED » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 pm

how the hell is it jose...he's gotta be the most overated shooter on the raptors. he has a really nice midrange game, but his 3 point shot is practically nonexistent. don't give me that BS about his 40% shooting from beyond the arc, anyone who only shoots uncontested threes should make a decent amount of them. if he was really that good of a shooter, he would actually hit contested 3s at a good percentage. he rarely even hits open 3s nowadays. a good shooter takes into account the efficiency of the shots and the quantity of the shots. jose doesn't even hit more than 1 three a game, hardly what i would call a great shooter who plays nearly 30 minutes a game. let jose be what jose is, a very good midrange shooting pg who is very average when it comes to the outside shot.
SuperaptorS
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#46 » by SuperaptorS » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Marco = Off balance
Bargs = Set shot
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#47 » by Undefeated » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:07 am

supaSPED wrote:his 3 point shot is practically nonexistent. don't give me that BS about his 40% shooting from beyond the arc, anyone who only shoots uncontested threes should make a decent amount of them. if he was really that good of a shooter, he would actually hit contested 3s at a good percentage. he rarely even hits open 3s nowadays. a good shooter takes into account the efficiency of the shots and the quantity of the shots. jose doesn't even hit more than 1 three a game, hardly what i would call a great shooter who plays nearly 30 minutes a game. let jose be what jose is, a very good midrange shooting pg who is very average when it comes to the outside shot.

What the **** are you talking about? Jose is still shooting above 40% from 3-PT this season. And why does it matter if it's uncontested or contested? Our offense produces open looks for our players and if they're able to play within that offense, I don't see the point to complain. Also, Jose isn't only attempting 1 3-PT attempt a game. He's averaging near 3 3-PT attempts per game.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#48 » by cage » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 am

honestly, although he doesn't get many shots, every time DD shoots i feel so confident it's going in

i would say our best all-around shooters are either jose or bargs

Return to Toronto Raptors