ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: PTI discussing Wade leaving

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

inonba
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Re: OT: PTI discussing Wade leaving 

Post#61 » by inonba » Tue Feb 9, 2010 12:00 pm

redred9 wrote:exactly. our pick to them is top 14 protected- and i don't think a talent like Motejunas will fall that low unless there's some kind of injury concerns (and im not all that impressed from what ive seen of him anyway- he'll take some years, Kirrilenko is a good comparison imo). Gay can be matched by Memphis -why wouldn't they? and there is no way for them to attract Gay AND Amare. Best case scenario for them is obviously Chris Bosh, more likely Amare/Boozer.. but even then Chalmers doesn't seem like much of a pg.. Anthony is not a full time centre.. no bench.. Richardson lol... and they will quite likely be close to capped out.

Unless Bosh is their free agent catch, that team is still not close to contending through Wade's prime years. David Lee + some lesser free agent might be feasible, and a better option if they can't land Bosh and if the records stay as they are there's no reason for Bosh to go to Miami- unless he wants a weekend at the beach.

Realistically, Riley's not going to sign any of the RFAs to an offer sheet. He can't, because he has to act fast. He's already gone on record saying he'll sign the first free agent that commits. It's not hard to see why. In the coming free agent frenzy, he'll be competing against the players' originating teams, as well as teams with cap space. If he were to sign RFA, he'll have to wait and see if the former team will match the offer or not. In the meantime, he wouldn't be able to do anything if the remaining free agent pool signs elsewhere.

Boozer/Amare would be his most likely targets IMO. Bosh is probably out of reach, and Riley knows it.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#62 » by The Duke » Tue Feb 9, 2010 12:52 pm

Note to Posters .... No matter your percevied rank or "pull" according to your rank, you are not entitled to address a poster by "ballboy". You make yourself look like a fool in the process.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#63 » by Southward1 » Tue Feb 9, 2010 3:48 pm

Wade has been pissed at the organization since they stressed patience with him. This is why rebuilding can backfire. I wonder what will happen if Miami lands nobody in free agency. I could see Wade asking for a trade.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#64 » by elitehunter99 » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:21 pm

mack_435 wrote:Miami needs to do something at the trade dead line... I would pull off these two moves..
1. Trade JO for Haywood, Butler and stevenson...
2. Trade Beasley , quentin richardson and james jones for amare stoudemire.
Both trade works, makes miami and instant contender and I think both trades are possible.

C = Haywood/Anthony
pf, Amare/Haslem
sf Butler/wright
Sg wade/Cook
Pg Alson/Chalmers

Would be a scary team on both sides of the floor.. Flame away!!!

Not gonna happen.

I think the Nets rumour for Amare a while back was much better return for Phoenix.

Yi + Terrence Williams + Courtney Lee was the deal
Courtside Cynic
Junior
And1: 221

Post#65 » by Courtside Cynic » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:23 pm

The Duke wrote:Note to Posters .... No matter your percevied rank or "pull" according to your rank, you are not entitled to address a poster by "ballboy". You make yourself look like a fool in the process.

But I am allowed to call you forum mod? sheesh, what hypocrisy!!!!

Just messin' witchoo :wink:
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#66 » by YogiStewart » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:27 pm

why are the pundits talking about Miami axing their coach when, last year, he was the boy wonder?
inonba
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#67 » by inonba » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:32 pm

YogiStewart wrote:why are the pundits talking about Miami axing their coach when, last year, he was the boy wonder?

Because the "Don't you worry, never fear. Robin Hood will soon be here." mentally is starting to wear off and reality is starting to kick in. There's a genuine fear of Wade leaving and someone has to take the fall.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#68 » by YogiStewart » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:38 pm

inonba wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:why are the pundits talking about Miami axing their coach when, last year, he was the boy wonder?

Because the "Don't you worry, never fear. Robin Hood will soon be here." mentally is starting to wear off and reality is starting to kick in. There's a genuine fear of Wade leaving and someone has to take the fall.

its been 2 years of this.
the only thing i like about the Heat besides Wade is they were built to be a team. but they still lack talent.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#69 » by dacrusha » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:40 pm

It's looking more and more like the idea of having huge cap space to make free agent signings is all talk, with little substance.Even if Miami were to sign Wade plus an Amare/Boozer or Bosh (if he wants to take a paycut), then what? They would need to fill the rest of their roster with minimum scrubs.

Look at what's happened with Detroit after everyone envied their situation of having $18 million in cap space to work with.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
sump
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: OT - PTI discussing Wade leaving 

Post#70 » by sump » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:52 pm

saham wrote:
Mistah Sparkle wrote:heat will trade beasley and get another star on there team..

pretty obvious

wade aint goin nowhere

ballboy .. how would they trade beasley and get a star in return ? The most they can do is get Amare if they trade for beasely.

"Pro Prospect"

Since when is Amar'e not a star? Please elaborate on your "Pro Prospect" theories

Not trying to backseat Mod I just really hate when people call out other people based on their "rank" I was a ballboy and so were you, and I was too called "ball boy" and had my information mostly scrapped because my "rank" was not as high as the others.

It's the information presented. Not his rank.

/rant
sump
Banned User

Post#71 » by sump » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:55 pm

dacrusha wrote:Beasley is pretty much a Charlie Villenueva clone... they won't get much for him, let alone a legit star.

The heat might be able to dump JON's contract onto, say, Washington for Butler and Haywood... but that alone isn't going to increase their winning % much.

I think Butler+Wade+Haywood could definitely give Bosh+Hedo+AB a big run for their $$.
power works
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#72 » by power works » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:56 pm

Funny thing too is that Riley used Wade not signing an extension as an excuse not to make any roster additions last summer. That is front office spin at its finest. :roll:

Even if all this time Heat owner Arison laid off a bunch of Heat employees and rolled back coaches salaries by 20%. Wow. :o

Let’s recap.

Riley is not only asking Wade to take one for the team but he’s also using him as an excuse not to make improvements. He’s banking on the clout of 5 rings to get away with treating his franchise player like this.

This is what Wade said last summer:

“I'm in my prime right now, playing the best basketball I've ever played, and I feel as good as I ever felt," …..So let's not wait. Let's do it now if we can do it. So it's not about me signing a contract."

Wade should leave this summer or ask to be traded now. A superstar doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

He’d look great beside Bosh in a Raptor uniform. :D
garbagnani
Starter
And1: 194

Post#73 » by garbagnani » Tue Feb 9, 2010 5:35 pm

sump wrote:
dacrusha wrote:Beasley is pretty much a Charlie Villenueva clone... they won't get much for him, let alone a legit star.

The heat might be able to dump JON's contract onto, say, Washington for Butler and Haywood... but that alone isn't going to increase their winning % much.

I think Butler+Wade+Haywood could definitely give Bosh+Hedo+AB a big run for their $$.

getting butler + haywood for jo's expiring is not realistic. There are many teams that can offer expirings + lottery picks, prospects.....

Miami is in a difficult situation, they could be rebuilding again in just a few months
saham
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#74 » by saham » Tue Feb 9, 2010 5:54 pm

sump wrote:
saham wrote:
Mistah Sparkle wrote:heat will trade beasley and get another star on there team..

pretty obvious

wade aint goin nowhere

ballboy .. how would they trade beasley and get a star in return ? The most they can do is get Amare if they trade for beasely.

"Pro Prospect"

Since when is Amar'e not a star? Please elaborate on your "Pro Prospect" theories

Not trying to backseat Mod I just really hate when people call out other people based on their "rank" I was a ballboy and so were you, and I was too called "ball boy" and had my information mostly scrapped because my "rank" was not as high as the others.

/rant

You realize that several mods corrected me on my mistake when i called him a ballboy and you are still beating the dead horse ? Now if that is not backseat Moderating, then what is it ?? Also, the information he presented wasn't like a whole bunch of facts either to make it "pretty obvious".
sump
Banned User

Post#75 » by sump » Tue Feb 9, 2010 6:00 pm

saham wrote:
sump wrote:
saham wrote:ballboy .. how would they trade beasley and get a star in return ? The most they can do is get Amare if they trade for beasely.

"Pro Prospect"

/rant

You realize that several mods corrected me on my mistake when i called him a ballboy and you are still beating the dead horse ? Now if that is not backseat Moderating, then what is it ?? Also, the information he presented wasn't like a whole bunch of facts either to make it "pretty obvious".

Relax

I Don't read 5 pages of he says she says its pointless we are all grown men here, with the exception of a few obv since this is a public forum. My point was mainly defending the fact taht you should not call out someone by their rank. It has happened to me and I didn't like it and no one came to my defense. It's about time we stick up for one another instead of crying like little babies because someone made a mistake or didn't elaborate enough to your liking. I can type pages and pages on this subject but what is the point? Proving to the virtual world that I have adequate knowledge to support an argument. It's simply not worth my time nor is it worth yours.

My main basis was the fact taht you are arguing that the poster was factless in his post but you seem to be the factless one here.

I am ending this now and hopefully forever because I like reading this website too much for me to get warned or banned on a moot subject.

/rant #2
saham
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#76 » by saham » Tue Feb 9, 2010 6:14 pm

sump wrote:
Relax

I Don't read 5 pages of he says she says its pointless we are all grown men here, with the exception of a few obv since this is a public forum. My point was mainly defending the fact taht you should not call out someone by their rank. It has happened to me and I didn't like it and no one came to my defense. It's about time we stick up for one another instead of crying like little babies because someone made a mistake or didn't elaborate enough to your liking. I can type pages and pages on this subject but what is the point? Proving to the virtual world that I have adequate knowledge to support an argument. It's simply not worth my time nor is it worth yours.

My main basis was the fact taht you are arguing that the poster was factless in his post but you seem to be the factless one here.

I am ending this now and hopefully forever because I like reading this website too much for me to get warned or banned on a moot subject.

/rant #2

Well you should atleast read the first page of a thread if you are going to stick up for someone cuz something similar happened to you and you felt insulted (I did get a warning on the first page). So next time make sure you don't start backseat moderating at any time because it is against the rules of this forum.

Return to Toronto Raptors