ImageImageImageImageImage

How Would Some Eastern Conference Teams Do In The West

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Re: How Would Some Eastern Conference Teams Do In The West 

Post#41 » by Too Late Crew » Tue Feb 9, 2010 6:44 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:I gave you several samples. Including that the Raps are 9-7 vs. the West this year. The Raps are 6-7 vs. currently above .500 teams in the west this year, and they are 7-0 vs. the west since the Atlanta game. Calling other people homers for not counting losses to Orlando and Cleveland into the Raps potential record if they were in the west isn't as "logical" as you would like us to believe.

OK lets take them one by one. Remeber YOU provided these.

Raps are 9-7 vs. the West this year.

That's a 56% winning %.

That would put them tied for the 8th playoff spot. In the east they are 5th. Therfore they would be worse if they played in the West. You do agree that tied for 8th playoff spot is not BETTER than 5th right?

The Raps are 6-7 vs. currently above .500 teams in the west this year

You brought up over 500 in west NOT ME here.

They have a losing record vs 500 teams in the West. Your numbers. So that extraploates to a losing record against 11 of the West teams and winning record against 4.

Tell me again how that translates into them being better in the qwest than in the east. More games that your sample says they will lose aginst more TEAMS your sample says they will lose against.

they are 7-0 vs. the west since the Atlanta game

Nope not bitiing. I said UNBIASED sample. Its your OPINION that the record since that arbitrary point in time holds more weight than any other period. That's bias. Its a sample size of less than 50% of the total.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,717

Post#42 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Feb 9, 2010 7:06 pm

Too Late Crew wrote:
Undefeated wrote:I don’t know why people act like the Raptors would get dominated in the West.
The Raptors tend to play at the level of their opponents most of the time, so it's not that bad.

FAIL

Of the top five teams in the East, the Raptors are the only squad with a sub-.500 record (13-18) against teams with winning records.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/r ... le1452706/

Since the West has MORE teams with winning records AND the Raptors would need to play those teams more times being in the Erst logic dicates their record would be worse. They would get dominated out west put down the crack pipe please.

Once more, with feeling. This is the original post that you claimed was logical. Taking the records of over .500 teams vs. the Raptors and projecting that onto a season of the Raps playing in the west. This is not logical. And it's certainly no more logical than looking at the Raps record after the Atlanta game. The Raptors record vs. Cleveland is meaningless over the 4 games they would be playing Portland. Your crack pipe line just sealed the idiocy. I also never said the Raps would do better in the west. I only pointed out your logic and insults were yet another case of the "realists" on this site calling the kettle black.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#43 » by Too Late Crew » Tue Feb 9, 2010 7:51 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Too Late Crew wrote:
Undefeated wrote:I don’t know why people act like the Raptors would get dominated in the West.
The Raptors tend to play at the level of their opponents most of the time, so it's not that bad.

FAIL

Of the top five teams in the East, the Raptors are the only squad with a sub-.500 record (13-18) against teams with winning records.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/r ... le1452706/

Since the West has MORE teams with winning records AND the Raptors would need to play those teams more times being in the Erst logic dicates their record would be worse. They would get dominated out west put down the crack pipe please.

Once more, with feeling. This is the original post that you claimed was logical. Taking the records of over .500 teams vs. the Raptors and projecting that onto a season of the Raps playing in the west. This is not logical. And it's certainly no more logical than looking at the Raps record after the Atlanta game. The Raptors record vs. Cleveland is meaningless over the 4 games they would be playing Portland. Your crack pipe line just sealed the idiocy. I also never said the Raps would do better in the west. I only pointed out your logic and insults were yet another case of the "realists" on this site calling the kettle black.

I responded to this quote.

The proposition being that: The Raps play to the level of their opponent , since the level of opponent is better in the Werst the Raptors would play better and therfore even though they have shown that they have a poor record vs 500+ teams..if they play vs more good teams they would play better and win games? Not true not logical

That the Raps tend to play to the level of their opponent.If they played to the level of their oppoentn they would play BETTER against winning tgeams and worse against losing teams. I was simply showing that they don't play to the level of their opponent.

The staement I responded to was a general one. It wasn't the Raps play better vs West teams than east. It was that they play to the level of their opponent ...ANY opponent . Its not true.
shms
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#44 » by shms » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:05 pm

man is everyone here a lawyer or something? too many crazy logic games for me..
however, i'm going to give my 2 cents on the subject
toronto would NOT be 4th in this ridiculous scenario.
I don't think they would make the playoffs even
wouldn't the top 4 from the east and the top 4 from the west be the most logical (easiest?) list of playoff bound teams? (referring to the OP's list of seeds)

Return to Toronto Raptors