ImageImageImageImageImage

Hedo's contract vs marion's contract

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Hedo's contract vs marion's contract 

Post#1 » by beefman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 am

on the raptors tv draft day special, BC said that his first option was to re-sign marion. but he wasn't willing to give marion what he wanted, he didn't specify if it was the money or years, so he went after hedo.

but marion's contract is the same length as hedo's and 16 million less. so what's the deal? what happened? did marion want more to stay in toronto but was willing to sign for less to go to dallas
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Re: Hedo's contract vs marion's contract 

Post#2 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:25 am

that is certainly possible
John F Kennedy
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#3 » by John F Kennedy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 am

yes

Give a man a Gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the World

Members who have chickened out of Toronto's cold weather and harsh environment: Vince Carter, Marion, Bosh, Alonzo Mourning, Hedo Türkoğlu, Vernon Wells
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#4 » by timdunkit » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 am

beefman wrote:on the raptors tv draft day special, BC said that his first option was to re-sign marion. but he wasn't willing to give marion what he wanted, he didn't specify if it was the money or years, so he went after hedo.

but marion's contract is the same length as hedo's and 16 million less. so what's the deal? what happened? did marion want more to stay in toronto but was willing to sign for less to go to dallas

Basically, Marion likely wanted something closer to what Hedo got ... but once BC commited to Hedo, there was no market for Marion left. Teams with capspace weren't targetting him and he was likely going to be stuck with the MLE. So he took the money from Dallas instead ...
beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Post#5 » by beefman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 am

timdunkit wrote:
beefman wrote:on the raptors tv draft day special, BC said that his first option was to re-sign marion. but he wasn't willing to give marion what he wanted, he didn't specify if it was the money or years, so he went after hedo.

Basically, Marion likely wanted something closer to what Hedo got ... but once BC commited to Hedo, there was no market for Marion left. Teams with capspace weren't targetting him and he was likely going to be stuck with the MLE. So he took the money from Dallas instead ...

if that was the case, i would have chosen marion over hedo. its easy for me to say that now, having seen hedo struggle. but i was weary of BC choosing hedo back in the off season. i felt marion filled more needs. he's a better defender, rebounds better, and can create his own shot. hedo has a better 3pt shot and can handle the ball. i think BC overvalued the fact that hedo can play the point. we didn't need a second play maker that bad, esp if he knew he was going to sign jack.

Return to Toronto Raptors