Pre-Season Game 2: Jazz vs Clippers

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,539

Pre-Season Game 2: Jazz vs Clippers 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:49 am

The Jazz will need a lot of time to figure out how to use Collins, so hopefully we'll get to see him play a lot with different lineups. Also, it would be nice to see more of George, Hendricks and Sensabaugh.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Jazzy13
Starter
And1: 1,200

Re: Pre-Season Game 2: Jazz vs Clippers 

Post#2 » by Jazzy13 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:39 am

Dunn
JC
Markk
Collins
Kess

Should be our starting lineup.
But it won't be.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#3 » by Rauxcee » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:18 am

Jazz need to get rid of Sexton. He plays like dookie. Don't really like THT either. Collins is going to struggle until he plays with competent gaurds- which we are in short supply of.

Wild preseason conclusion- this team is going to struggle to find 40 wins. They are just a hodge-podge of players right now that don't compliment or fit with each other. Which is fine. They don't need to win anything right now- just see what you have and who is worth keeping.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#4 » by Rauxcee » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:07 am

Naturally THT blows up in the second half. :lol:
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,095

Post#5 » by mg » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:35 am

Collins played with decent guards in Atlanta especially after they brought in Dejounte. I don't think he's a good fit at all with Kessler regardless of the guard play. Offensively JC needs to be paired with a center that can shoot. On this team KO should probably be starting for either Collins or Kessler. You can try to stick him in the corner like the Hawks did but Collins was unhappy with that role.

Jazz obviously have too many scoring combo guards. I assume Ainge will move a few of them out by the deadline.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,730

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:38 am

How did George look? LA is in market which is super annoying b/c it means I can't watch 10% of the season live, lol

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:08 pm

It's super early of course, but my impression so far is that the Jazz's starting lineup will struggle in quite a few games, but that the Jazz have good depth and that the second unit will keep it in games or even bring them back into games from deficits.

THT was pretty good, everyone else where kind of meh, Sexton and Samanic were bad. Collins averaged about 13+7 last season, which was his worst since his rookie year, and I can't see how he averages more than that with the Jazz. He's not going to grab a lot of rebounds next to Kessler and Markkanen, and it doesn't look like he'll get a lot of open looks and easy baskets on offense either.

What bothers me the most is that Kessler and Markkanen had national team duties and didn't have a lot of time to work on their game and add to it, so I'm fearing a plateau instead of growth, which would be very disappointing, especially from Kessler.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,982

Post#8 » by Jammer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:10 pm

Jazz have depth and a lot of talent.

Concerns
Sexton is out of sync. I thought I read last year that when offered around the League, 29 Teams viewed him as a scorer off the bench and NOT A LEAD guard. Doesn't get enough assists to be a PG even though he is quick enough to guard PGs.

Collins - I liked him at Wake Forest, and early in his Atlanta career. Now he looks more like a backup Center than a PF. Ouch. Hopefully they figure out how to use him but Olynyk looks like a better fit with Kessler and Markkanen than Collins. Olynyk has vision for teammates, passes, screens and tries to fit into the offense. I can see why the Jazz prefer a 25 year old to a 31 year old but Olynyk is a better fit right now (until Hendricks develops over the next few years).

Samanic - has his good days and bad days, but is too quick to shoot and doesn't look to pass. Also doesn't move without the ball. Catches it, puts his head down and barrels to the basket. Tunnel vision.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#9 » by zero24gravity » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:45 pm

It's preseason, it's early ... but so far.... yuck.

Hendricks buried in the bench is frustrating to me, as a fan. The entire team just looks very meh. (Dunn and THT have had moments.) First half of both games the Jazz have looked absolutely outclassed by the Clippers "real" team.

Excited for the season, as always, but with 3 first round picks, Collins addition, and Lauri + Walker progression expectations, this isn't the start I had hoped for.

On to game 3!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#10 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:03 pm

It's the second game of the pre-season and Locke is already pulling the fatigue card.

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,034

Post#11 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:53 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:It's the second game of the pre-season and Locke is already pulling the fatigue card.

Yeah, like the Clippers wouldn't have the same fatigue playing the same schedule at the same locations as the Jazz. The Clippers starters are just way, way better than the Jazz.

Return to Utah Jazz