Pre-Season Game 3: Jazz vs Trail Blazers

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,641

Pre-Season Game 3: Jazz vs Trail Blazers 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:22 pm

Happens on Sunday, October 15 Saturday, October 14, 2023.

I'll be waiting to watch Scoot, hopefully he plays. Would also like to see more of our rookies.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 91

Re: Pre-Season Game 3: Jazz vs Trail Blazers 

Post#2 » by D Rog » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:47 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:Happens on Sunday, October 15, 2023.

I'll be waiting to watch Scoot, hopefully he plays. Would also like to see more of our rookies.

OK Inigo, I will take the bait... Why are you saying "Happens on Sunday, October 15, 2023"?

It is a Saturday game. You out of anyone on this site knows it.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:28 am

D Rog wrote:

OK Inigo, I will take the bait... Why are you saying "Happens on Sunday, October 15, 2023"?

Not quite sure what you're getting at. That's the time and date I see when I look at the schedule on ESPN. Maybe it's a time zone issue because I'm not in the US right now.

There, fixed it.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,098

Post#4 » by FJS » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:36 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
D Rog wrote:

Not quite sure what you're getting at. That's the time and date I see when I look at the schedule on ESPN. Maybe it's a time zone issue because I'm not in the US right now.

There, fixed it.

Sure, It happens all the time since I live in Spain. I use to put USA ET local time to now the official day they play. :-)
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 15,397

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:08 am

I hope to see a different starting unit. THT and Sexton have been pretty bad. Would like Dunn and Clarkson as the backcourt.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:45 am

I think that so far THT helped his case for a starting position, so I'd like to see him paired with other players to see if it works, like THT-Clarkson, THT-Dunn, THT-Agbaji and THT-George.

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,755

Post#7 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I think that so far THT helped his case for a starting position, so I'd like to see him paired with other players to see if it works, like THT-Clarkson, THT-Dunn, THT-Agbaji and THT-George.

Besides seeing those combos, I would like to see Dunn start with Ochai or George. When Dunn finally got a chance to start last season, the last three games, he had three excellent games starting with Ochai.

When Dunn plays with THT or Clarkson, he is less involved in playmaking, because THT and Clarkson are pretty ball dominant. When Dunn was playing with the George in the first game, George deferred to Dunn and Dunn was able to get some momentum as the primary playmaker.

Dunn's three starts last season (with Ochai):

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 992

Post#8 » by red4hf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:32 am

Collins looks much more comfortable...... Jazz zone still sucks.....
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,189

Post#9 » by Rauxcee » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:54 am

Locke isn't gong to be calling the games during the regular season is he?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 15,397

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:31 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I think that so far THT helped his case for a starting position, so I'd like to see him paired with other players to see if it works, like THT-Clarkson, THT-Dunn, THT-Agbaji and THT-George.

I'm not sure getting hot against a team's bench helps, but it does seem like we are going with him. IDK, maybe I'm harsh, but I really hate watching him, Sexton, Olynyk, and Collins. Would like all four to be gone.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 992

Post#11 » by red4hf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:59 am

Rauxcee wrote:Locke isn't gong to be calling the games during the regular season is he?

He's better than Bolerjack....... By a mile......
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Rauxcee » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:49 pm

red4hf wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:Locke isn't gong to be calling the games during the regular season is he?

He's better than Bolerjack....... By a mile......

Agree to disagree. :lol: Boler is awful, but Locke is just so terrible. I had to mute him in the end.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Rauxcee » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:52 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

I'm not sure getting hot against a team's bench helps, but it does seem like we are going with him. IDK, maybe I'm harsh, but I really hate watching him, Sexton, Olynyk, and Collins. Would like all four to be gone.

Just adding that I feel the same way about those 4 and also wish them gone. So, it's not just you.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,755

Post#14 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:25 pm

I missed the game, but I like seeing five guys with four or more assists, and I like seeing the front court players, Kessler, Markkanen and Collins, getting as many or more fga as THT, Clarkson and Sexton had.

Regarding THT, besides his three point percentage, his assist to turnover ratio is another thing he needs to improve on if he is going to be the starting point guard. Maybe he will improve on both; I don't know.

Return to Utah Jazz