Preseason Game 5: Jazz @ Kings

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,641

Preseason Game 5: Jazz @ Kings 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:28 pm

Last game of the pre-season, I think. The Kings played yesterday so they may not play their best players.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,755

Re: Preseason Game 5: Jazz @ Kings 

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Last game of the pre-season, I think. The Kings played yesterday so they may not play their best players.

Yes, the boxscore for Kings versus Warriors last night looks like a regular season game. I wish the Jazz were getting a regular season-like game versus the Kings instead of Warriors.
mark53
Junior
And1: 59

Post#3 » by mark53 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:30 pm

JC, KO, LM and JCollins are getting the night off as well .
Jazzy13
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#4 » by Jazzy13 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 am

Agbaji is a jag. Im not a fan. He will not be a prominent jazz player. His shooting percentage is misleading. Great athlete but limited in the skills dept
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,641

Post#5 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:35 pm

Sexton was very good in this game. He made good passes even when they didn't turn into an assist. The THT-Sexton pairing looked good this time.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,755

Post#6 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:29 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Sexton was very good in this game. He made good passes even when they didn't turn into an assist. The THT-Sexton pairing looked good this time.

Sexton's stats are outstanding - 24 pts on 16 fga, 5 ast, 5 rebs and 0 tovs!

Looks like Dunn was trying to make it work last night with a very inexperienced group of players, which probably helped result in Dunn's 4 tovs. I am bummed Dunn never got a chance to start and play with our best players.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,197

Post#7 » by mg » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:29 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Sexton was very good in this game. He made good passes even when they didn't turn into an assist. The THT-Sexton pairing looked good this time.

Sexton's stats are outstanding - 24 pts on 16 fga, 5 ast, 5 rebs and 0 tovs!

Looks like Dunn was trying to make it work last night with a very inexperienced group of players, which probably helped result in Dunn's 4 tovs. I am bummed Dunn never got a chance to start and play with our best players.

Well he could be in practice. I'm not sure the Jazz wanted to show anything in this Kings game and the previous game was against that international team.

I caught small snippets and it looked like a fun game with the kids running up and down the court. Sexton is a really efficient scorer when he's on. Based on those dunks he looks to be healthy for basically the first time in 2 seasons.

Return to Utah Jazz