WCJ,JI,Goga

Bet with Knightro $50 to charity if AB beat cole
Ostertag>Duncan
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Ostertag>Duncan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm

cedric76 wrote:no ideas?

Defense.

Not that that whole team didn't play atrocious D, but Jerry's got to have a bitch right?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:22 pm

i though brewer's D was far better than korver's
Unleash Jett

Suggs,AB,cole
KCP, Jett,harris
Franz,da silva,Houstan
Paolo,JI, moe
WCJ,JI,Goga

HouseofBoozer
Junior

Post#5 » by HouseofBoozer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:03 pm

I don't know whats going on, but whatever happened Sloan went after him last night. He was yelling at him pretty bad during a timeout.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#6 » by The Sheik » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 pm

HouseofBoozer wrote:I don't know whats going on, but whatever happened Sloan went after him last night. He was yelling at him pretty bad during a timeout.

probably because he was not going for offensive boards and not getting back on D. If I was Brewers coach I would have chewed him out too. He was just stuck around half court most of the game. If you look at when a Jazz shot went off there was maybe 1-2 players in the paint trying to get O boards, so why the hell wasnt Brewer back on D? The only people that got back were Deron and Korver. Everyone else was just being loosey goosey (to quote Sloan).
kennies
Sophomore

Post#7 » by kennies » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 pm

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

probably because he was not going for offensive boards and not getting back on D. If I was Brewers coach I would have chewed him out too. He was just stuck around half court most of the game. If you look at when a Jazz shot went off there was maybe 1-2 players in the paint trying to get O boards, so why the hell wasnt Brewer back on D? The only people that got back were Deron and Korver. Everyone else was just being loosey goosey (to quote Sloan).

all brewer's rebounds were offensive. he manage to get three offensive rebounds in his limited playing time.
HouseofBoozer
Junior

Post#8 » by HouseofBoozer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:02 am

The Sheik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah that does bring me back. The whole team played like garbage really so I had a hard time remembering exactly why Sloan went after him. I will say for Sloan haters and lovers alike (as well as those who chose not to take a stand on the guy), this team stinks and it is not just coaching! They are an average team. Brewer did deserve to be yelled at, so did Boozer, and just about everyone else. I will continue to say that they have potential, because I think they can be really good, they are just choosing not to be. That isn't all Sloans fault!
HouseofBoozer
Junior

Post#9 » by HouseofBoozer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:05 am

One other thing, just a bit off topic but thought I'd add this. I think I have turned the games off in the 4th quarter more times this season than ever before because of how disgusted I was by their lack of effort. The BIGGEST difference between this team and last years is they could be down by 15 in the 4th quarter and it was so far from being over. This years team, you get a sense that there is no way they can come back, and they have yet to prove me wrong.
sodapop
Sophomore

Post#10 » by sodapop » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 am

Sloan benched him after letting Anthony go by him. Brewer just stood and watched him.

Let CJ start tonight at the two.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Duiz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 am

I wish CJ would start. Brewer look to be one-dimensional, and very inconsistent.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#12 » by cedric76 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:20 pm

did brewer played better last night?
Unleash Jett

Suggs,AB,cole
KCP, Jett,harris
Franz,da silva,Houstan
Paolo,JI, moe
WCJ,JI,Goga

Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Duiz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:48 pm

He did... just like usual.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#14 » by ColdBlue » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Korver definitely has the veteran edge over Brew. Korver just has that knack you get from playing the game a number of years that Brew is lacking... offensively and defensively.

With that said, how is Brew ever going to learn these things on the bench, and constantly wondering if Sloan is going to put him in the doghouse next.

CJ's defense is worst of all, and he seems more immature than Brew. Also, CJ's strengths are outside shooting... and Korver is better than CJ at outside shooting.

Makes no sense starting CJ... but it's Duiz and sodapop suggesting it, so at least that makes sense.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#15 » by carrottop12 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:26 pm

I want Korver to start with Brewer as a bench guy and a solid athlete off the bench. Now that CJ is out of the rotation the Jazz need more athleticism in the second unit, have Hart, Brewer, Harpring, Millsap and Collins on the floor and you get pretty solid defense, and Brewer should be able to take over some of the scoring problems assuming he can show some of that ability to create his own shot that he did in the preseason.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#16 » by ColdBlue » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:35 am

Batronuj wrote:I want Korver to start with Brewer as a bench guy and a solid athlete off the bench. Now that CJ is out of the rotation the Jazz need more athleticism in the second unit, have Hart, Brewer, Harpring, Millsap and Collins on the floor and you get pretty solid defense, and Brewer should be able to take over some of the scoring problems assuming he can show some of that ability to create his own shot that he did in the preseason.

Sloan will never give Brew the green light... even with the scrubs.

But, I do like the idea.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 660

Post#17 » by erudite23 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 am

Brewer is simply going through the growing pains that every young guy has to go through to make it in the league. Some nights its worse than others, and on those nights he gets his PT cut, pretty simple.

The guy has more mental breakdowns than any other player on the team. They talk about cerebral players who are like a coach on the floor....well Brewer is that, but exactly the opposite in every way. He has terrific instincts for the ball, and often plays with good energy, but he doesn't think the game very well yet, and that leads to many of those open 3s that everyone is always complaining about, or the easy driving layups we see far too often.

I love him as much as anyone, but he's got to get that **** together before he can be a regular 30+ mpg guy. Not only that, but we need the shooting that Korver and CJ provide, and the toughness, savvy and leadership that Harp provides. Since Andrei isn't going to loose minutes, Brewer is the natural alternative.

All in all, I'm happy with how we've handled him this year, with one glaring exception: why the **** we ever play with Jason Mother **** Hart as the two guard is beyond me. Its bad enough that I have to endure 3-4 minutes per half of watching him kill whatever offensive flow we had going when he came in for Deron, but seeing him in tandem with DW in the backcourt WHEN YOU HAVE SO MANY OTHER WING OPTIONS ON THIS **** TEAM makes me so angry I could slap that open-mouthed senile stare right off of Jerry's head.

So, yeah, that's my only complaint.
de2nd
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#18 » by de2nd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 am

For once I actually advocate Sloan's benching of Brewer only because Sloan has other tools to go with other than Brewer. Brewer is young, but Sloan sent him a message that if you take a play off to look like you're being a lazy @$$ out on the floor, you're going to get benched. Brewer's defense has been pretty shaky as of late, and Korver's defense has been much much better than advertised. I don't know if its because of the Sloan aura thats made him work more on defense, or his strong desire to prove himself on a new team, but Korvers defense as of late as been better than Brewers. Hopefully Brewer can get through this and dedicate himself on both ends of the floor again. To me theres no question Brewer is the SG for this team for many years to come. Sloan's just sending a message.

Wow....I can't believe I just agreed with Sloan.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#19 » by The Sheik » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 am

umm for those that suggest Brewer coming off the bench...

I personally think it makes no sense. Korver is the only thing we have in the way of instant offense and Brewer would struggle on the floor with a bunch of scrubs. With Brewer playing with the starters it opens up backdoors and cuts for him as well as the fact that teams have to respect Boozer and Memos Offense and Derons dribble penetration. With Korver coming off the bench it makes teams watch both wings because Harpring and Korver can both hit the FT line curl and while Korver is the deep threat, Matt is the post up mismatch. I think Harpring and Korver compliment each other really well.

I have actually been seeing more and more of this Korver will take Brewers starting job and I think to myself why? Korver already plays the 4th qt and the end of the games and plays the same amount of time as Brewer anyway, so what would be the point? I think its that old coaches saying that it doesnt matter who starts, but finishes games that matters.

Return to Utah Jazz