65%
Yes!
35%

Total votes: 17

carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#21 » by carrottop12 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:37 am

ColdBlue wrote:The only guy worth listening to at halftime is Pace. Thurl is ok. DJ is a clown. Steve Brown tries hard, but seems more like a weatherman than a sports guy.

Pace is the worst of anyone on the Jazz crew. DJ is probably the smartest sports TV guy in Utah, I thought he was a solid addition to a crew that pretty much sucks all around, what the Jazz really need to do is move Thurl down to the broadcast chair next to Boler, get rid of Booner and bring in some other guys who are smart NBA guys, maybe try to bring in David Locke who can at least give it straight.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Duiz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:42 am

Batronuj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pace is the worst of anyone on the Jazz crew. DJ is probably the smartest sports TV guy in Utah, I thought he was a solid addition to a crew that pretty much sucks all around, what the Jazz really need to do is move Thurl down to the broadcast chair next to Boler, get rid of Booner and bring in some other guys who are smart NBA guys

+1
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,367

Post#23 » by DelaneyRudd » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:57 am

Neon Black
Starter
And1: 19

Post#24 » by Neon Black » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:12 am

When Hornacek joined in on a couple of different occasions, I thought he did an amazing job...clear, concise, knowledgeable, and had a good voice. He kind of stole the show in a subtle Hornacek kind of way.

Oh well, he needs to be with the Jazz helping players.
Duiz
Banned User

Post#25 » by Duiz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:18 am

ele.ven wrote:When Hornacek joined in on a couple of different occasions, I thought he did an amazing job...clear, concise, knowledgeable, and had a good voice. He kind of stole the show in a subtle Hornacek kind of way.

Oh well, he needs to be with the Jazz helping players.

++1

I like the idea of Hornacek doing it. I think he is fresh, people like him, and he can travel with the team and help them train. Excellent idea!
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#26 » by bleu » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:05 pm

yeah it would be great if horny took over for boone
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#27 » by ColdBlue » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:39 am

Pace sucks broadcasterwise, but I'm talking about what is being said rather than the delivery.

DJ is a momma's boy.
Duiz
Banned User

Post#28 » by Duiz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:02 am

Did you hear the lastest?

Andrei Kirilenko gets his 2nd foul on the first, and Matt Harpring is about to come in. Boone, comments about this by saying, that Matt Harpring will bring more physical defense compared to long reaching defense that Kirilenko provides.

This guy needs to be fired.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by ColdBlue » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Duiz wrote:Did you hear the lastest?

Andrei Kirilenko gets his 2nd foul on the first, and Matt Harpring is about to come in. Boone, comments about this by saying, that Matt Harpring will bring more physical defense compared to long reaching defense that Kirilenko provides.

This guy needs to be fired.

So I guess you think AK is more physical than Harpring? Or maybe Harpring has a longer reach than AK? :crazy:

Duiz, seriously... are you Forrest Gump?
Duiz
Banned User

Post#30 » by Duiz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 pm

ColdBlue wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So I guess you think AK is more physical than Harpring? Or maybe Harpring has a longer reach than AK? :crazy:

Duiz, seriously... are you Forrest Gump?

:crazy: Ron Boone, can't you read the thread topic? lol :rofl: Ron Boone is nothing more than monotone Captain Obvious.

I deleted the game the clippers game, but that is what Ron Boone was saying.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by ColdBlue » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:09 pm

^ LOST IN SPACE.
JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#32 » by JDubJazz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm

I've been cracking on Boone for years, mainly because the guy can't even read a que card without sounding like Steven Hawking's computer voice. To be fair, though, the Jazz's sponsorships are a huge problem. An announcer should NEVER be forced to mention a sponsor during the normal flow of a play-by-play broadcast. During a timeout or a replay, well, I still hate it, but I understand it. The fact that Ron Boone has to mention Mountain America or habitat for Humanity every time someone hits a three pointer is downright abusive to the fanbase. In fact, maybe thats why Coach Sloan hates the three point shot, he know how embarassing it is for anyone watching the broadcast. I'm always stoked when the Jazz are on national TV. I don't even care if its that Jazz-hating-loser Mark Jackson doing play-by-play. I always watch the national feed because I know I won't have to listen to Boone schill for sponsors during the game.

By the way, if you think its funny listening to Boone pronounce names, just listen to Hot Rod try and pronounce Charlie Villanueva's name. he never says it the same way twice. :rofl:
--J-Dub--
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#33 » by jazz1232dc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Where's Mark Eaton? I enjoyed listening to him.

I don't have a problem with Booner except when he tells us that the Toyota Tundra tough questions are actually tough questions. I haven't seen a tough question yet. I do have a problem with Boler though. I'd much rather listen to Booner and Steve Brown then Boler.

I don't even bother watching the pre and post game shows. I can't stand DJ and Pace. Thurl is ok. Last year I saw DJ walking through the arena a few rows down from me and I seriously wanted to go slap that stupid smerk off his face. The guy bugs the hell out of me.
dingojazz
Senior
And1: 0

Post#34 » by dingojazz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:08 am

I personally don't mind Booner's bumbling of sentences and pointing out the obvious. He does know the game and played it very well.

Ron Boone played in 1,041 consecutive games as a pro, never missing a game or practice in his professional career. It's not well known because that streak includes games in the ABA. When AC Green retired his streak was only slightly longer than good ol' Booner.

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Boone_Ron_8367090.aspx
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 15,398

Post#35 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:20 pm

Watch a Utah Flash game when Pace is announcing, he does an excellent job. Also when they show him on TV, close your eyes, it makes it a lot easier on the brain.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz