Post#21 » by idajazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Yeah--go with something more Jazz related like the Pillsbury dough boy. /jk

And here all this time I thought that was Memo :oops: :oops: :oops:

Considering the defense, I think that is related :nod: :(
jazz1232dc
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#22 » by jazz1232dc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm more shocked Iverson didn't fall down after hitting Deron in the face with the ball.
nghedman
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#23 » by nghedman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am

Duiz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(picture)

[/thread]

Oh man!!!!

That says NOTHING, Do you know how many pictures there are that seem to show one thing but when shown in the progress of the game mean alot different. True it does show that, but isn't there more explaination than that. Just want to know what really happen.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Duiz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:46 am

Thanks for the hate. I think I made my point, at by jazzfans request I won't respond.

PS - However I will try to get an AI or Carmelo sig ;)
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#25 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:54 am

LOL, I cant believe this is a thread. You guys should make one for every offensive foul ever committed.
Racer X
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Racer X » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:26 pm

yunggunz wrote:LOL, I cant believe this is a thread. You guys should make one for every offensive foul ever committed.

Yeah ... because that is definitly a normal offense foul ... punching a dude in the face with a basketball.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 am

Racer X wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah ... because that is definitly a normal offense foul ... punching a dude in the face with a basketball.

He didn't punch him in the face with the basketball. Quit being so dramatic.

It was basically a pump fake.....or a slashers equivalent to a pump fake. It happened to hit Dwill smack in the face. You honestly think that AI would want to pick up a foul, get his team closer to the limit, and risk foul trouble before halftime against a division rival to "punch a dude in the face with the basketball"?

Grow up. Im sure if it was Steve Blake or Jose Calderon in question, this wouldnt even be a thread.
The Sheik
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#28 » by The Sheik » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't punch him in the face with the basketball. Quit being so dramatic.

It was basically a pump fake.....or a slashers equivalent to a pump fake. It happened to hit Dwill smack in the face. You honestly think that AI would want to pick up a foul, get his team closer to the limit, and risk foul trouble before halftime against a division rival to "punch a dude in the face with the basketball"?

Grow up. Im sure if it was Steve Blake or Jose Calderon in question, this wouldnt even be a thread.

hahahaha

Listen I think the whole thing got blown out of proportion, but you calling that a pump fake or a slashers pump fake is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Pump fakes are stationary not while moving, Pump fakes are straight up(vertical), not horizontal into faces. I dont think Iverson did it on purpose, but this is the lamest explanation ever.
ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#29 » by ColdBlue » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm

^ Yeah the pump fake explanation is a joke.

Iverson has reached the point in his career to where he is looking for the refs to bail him out. He flops all the time defensively, and on the offensive end, he flails and jumps into people.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:18 pm

ColdBlue wrote:^ Yeah the pump fake explanation is a joke.

Iverson has reached the point in his career to where he is looking for the refs to bail him out. He flops all the time defensively, and on the offensive end, he flails and jumps into people.

Nah. I watch Iverson a lot, and its not uncommon for him to make a pump fake during his drive once he has picked up his dribble.....why not? It isnt your typical jump shooting or post pump fake, but it serves the exact same purpose. Its absolutely no different than a double clutch reverse layup.

And I dont know where you get the idea that he is reaching a "point in his career where the refs have to bail him out". He is scoring 27 ppg at the most efficient clip of his career. But thats cool.....you can think he is broken down if you want.
Fido
Veteran
And1: 38

Post#31 » by Fido » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:28 pm

idajazz wrote:
Yeah--go with something more Jazz related like the Pillsbury dough boy. /jk

And here all this time I thought that was Memo :oops: :oops: :oops:

Considering the defense, I think that is related :nod: :(

Touche :lol:
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,182

Post#32 » by jazzfan1971 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

I REALLY want to lock this thread.

Can someone give me an excuse?

That foul was a non-event. I saw Malone do it half a dozen times at least. It's a smart play if you get away with it, a stupid play if you get called for the foul. But in the scope of the game it's not even that dirty.

Hardly worth mentioning.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
black06eclipse
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#33 » by black06eclipse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 pm

please lock this. anyone who has played real basketball or watched the NBA longer than 3 years has seen this, done this, or had this happened to them.

its basketball. Denver and Utah fans may have a hatred, but the players don't. Boozer and Deron are cool with everyone on Denver and vice versa. DWill even gave Kleiza a pat on the behind after the "Knee" that was also non issue.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by yunggunz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 am

If you go to espn.com and watch the highlights from the Nuggs/Nets, you will notice at the beginning of the 4th quarter (first highlight from the 4th) he tried to do the exact same thing again! He tried to punch someone in the face with the ball! But it ended up just looking like a pass fake and he scored an easy bucket.
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Pai Gow » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 am

This thread is useless w/out pics...

Mr. Savage
Banned User

Post#36 » by Mr. Savage » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:58 pm

That's a pretty cunning move. Bruce Bowenesque.

I bet he gets away with it so often. Every player should be that cunning.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: Iverson Hits Derons Face With Ball 

Post#37 » by kebzach » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Racer X wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgQ4MPTvyFY#GU5U2spHI_4

Thought this would be of interest to those on the board, but mainly to those who (luckily) missed the Denver game.

What a dirty move from Prof. Thug Life.

Stop wasting everyone's time with crap threads like this. It was a foul, it was called a foul, and it wasn't even that big of a deal. Move on.
nghedman
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#38 » by nghedman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Iversons ball in face foul is as valid as moving your arms around to establish yourself when crowed and getting a rebound, and they came down hard on Malone for doing that!!! They should come down just as hard as doing that cheap shot move!!!

I'm a ref in rec leagues and if I saw that more than once I would give a technical for it becuase really that is what it is!!!!!!!!!

Return to Utah Jazz